This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

TomTom 720 and SD card

gunmetalgrey 0 Points
edited November -1 in TomTom Car Forum
I'm just playing around with my tomtom 720, and trying to transfer music onto a 32Mb SD card (i know.. its just a freebie card I got with my canon camera). Anyhow, I'm using tomtom Home ver 1.6 (updated itself via the web). When I try to manage music, I was able to install some songs onto the card. However I am unable to navigate or find them on the device, or even via the tomtom home app. However, if I browse the card via my card reader I can see the folders and files that were transferred. If I transfer the songs to the internal memory, I can play the songs fine on the device.. although they still don't show up when I "explore" the tomtom using tomtom Home. Any ideas?

Comments

• Tim 1465 Points
    Did you let it install the TomTom application on the SD card when it prompted?
  • Errr.. I didn't get prompted? :(.. when should it prompt me?
  • Tim 1465 Points
    After you inserted the card, and TomTom HOME was running, and you changed the device to your SD card instead of the 720, it typically says something about the device not having the required software.

I'm still trying to figure out a few MP3 mysteries myself...
  • Hmmm strange.. could it be the fact that it was only a 32mb memory card? and that the application would not fit on it? I didn't get any prompts at all, all it did was just show a blank area with the remaining space on the card when I switched to the SD device tab.
  • Tim 1465 Points
    That could be. I haven't played around with cards that small, so I'm not certain. However the 720 seems to insist on the application running from the card, if a card is inserted. In that way it is sort of like a computer. Stick in a CD and turn the computer on and it will typically try to boot from the CD. The 720 wants to boot from the SD card when a SD card is inserted and the device is turned on. I've heard there are ways around it, but I haven't figured it out nor spent enough time yet trying to figure it out... but at some point soon I will.
  • Hmmm that kinda sucks.. I would have thought that it should scan if there are any files (ie mp3's, photos, etc) on the SD card and just add them to its library. Well i'll try and see if I can grab hold of a 2gig sd card and see if I get that prompt...

Updated: I tried it with my 2Gb Kingston SD micro card (in a SD adaptor) and was able to copy an mp3 to the card and have it picked up by the 720. It still did not prompt me to install any tomtom application onto the card though. I will do a bit more playing/testing after work today. One thing I did notice, is that when you use the "manage music" option in tomtom Home, it doesn't display the music items on the actual device/sd Card. I have to manually delete files via explorer if I wanted to remove them.
  • droh 0 Points
    SD with any TomTom Go seems to be a big mystery, and it's been real hard for me to find any definitive info about it on any of the forums, and certainly there is next to nothing to be found from TomTom itself. But here's what I've been able to figure out so far with the 720:

Let me start by saying I have gotten it to work. I can't say definitively how I got it to work, but I'll try and reconstruct what i went through. As others have said it appears that unlike older TT Go units on the 720 it is not neccesary to install the entire application on the SD. I am using the SD to hold mp3 and photo files, everything else is on the internal memory including the application itself and all maps, voices and color schemes. The 720 is real good about allowing me to take the SD card out and put it back in without any issues. I don't get the dreaded red X anymore. In fact I can even be in the jukebox app and when I put the card in you can see it do a scan of the card and update the list of songs.

Okay so how did i get it to work. Like other folks I had tried formatting the SD card and putting mp3 files on both directly outside of TT Home and from within Home. in every case I would always get the red X and would not be able to find the files on the card. And again like other folks my 720 would boot up even after giving me the red X but still would not find the mp3 files.

I tried it all again using the 2.0 beta of Home and had the same results. But then I tried using Home 2.0 to put pictures on the SD - and low and behold it worked. No more red X and it found the picture. So then I tried adding some mp3 files and again - no red X and the 720 finds all the mp3 files.

I haven't had a chance to go back to the old version of TT Home and see if this trick would work with it - but I would suggest to anyone trying to get an SD card to work that the first try putting photos on the card. Maybe there is a bug related to only using it for song files.
  • Tim 1465 Points
    A question for those who have been able to get it to work without copying over the TomTom application...

If you browse the contents of your SD card from Windows Explorer, Mac OS Finder, unix volume browsing, etc.... are there ANY files on there other than the ones you copied over?

When I take a new SD card out of the box, launch HOME, and select the SD drive, the firs thing TT HOME asks is to "select a target device". There isn't a "SD card" or similar option, so I pick "TomTom GO 720 (2GB)" from the list. Then it tells me that device isn't connected to my account with TomTom, and requests me to logout. I oblige.

Then it tells me there is a Phone database update and a program update. TT HOME then proceeds to download and install those files on the SD card. I disconnect the SD card put it in the 720 while it is booted, open the Jukebox, and nothing. I reboot the 720 and it goes into an endless loop of rebooting itself.

Starting over, I format the SD card, and open TomTom HOME again. I select the "TomTom GO 720 (2GB)" as my target device for the 720 again. (I have no option to do anything different. If I cancel TomTom HOME won't work with the SD card. This time I cancel updating any of the apps. I copy over a couple of MP3 files and disconnect. With the 720 running, I insert the SD card, then go to the Jukebox. Nothing. I reboot the 720 and it goes back into the endless loop of rebooting.

What is interesting is that at this point, despite telling HOME not to install any programs, it did add a couple of files to the SD card in addition to the MP3 files. At the root there is one called ttgo.bif and another called tthome.bif.

I try the suggestion (nice find!) of adding pictures. Still no joy for me.

Here is what I think we need to know from everyone to help narrow down the problem:

• Did you get it to work WITHOUT Booting from the SD card (y/n):
    • What Operating System are you using (i.e. Mac 10.4, Windows Vista):
    • Which version number of HOME are you using:
    • What format is your SD card in (ms-dos, fat16, fat32, etc):
    • What brand is your SD card:
    • What size is your SD card:
  • droh 0 Points

When I take a new SD card out of the box, launch HOME, and select the SD drive, the firs thing TT HOME asks is to "select a target device". There isn't a "SD card" or similar option, so I pick "TomTom GO 720 (2GB)" from the list. Then it tells me that device isn't connected to my account with TomTom, and requests me to logout. I oblige.

:
    Tim,

In the scenario you describe above is the SD card in the 720, or is it connected to your computer? And are you on Windows or Mac - I am using Windows and have never seen the "select a target device message"

Dave
  • Tim 1465 Points
    Connected to the computer. I've been trying it on Mac and PC, but that iteration was on a Mac.
  • droh 0 Points

• Did you get it to work WITHOUT Booting from the SD card (y/n):
    • What brand is your SD card:
    • What size is your SD card:
    Fo me:

1. Yes it works without booting from SD

2. I'm running Windows XP Pro

3. It worked using TT Home 2.0 (Beta) but I will try it tonight with TT Home 1.6

4. Card is formatted with FAT32

5. It's a Topram SD 150X 4GB

Tim, I will take a look at what else is on the card tonight when i get back to my machine with a card reader.
  • droh 0 Points
    Connected to the computer. I've been trying it on Mac and PC, but that iteration was on a Mac.
    Hmmmm, interesting, I got it to work for me by having the SD card in the 720. Yes i got the red X message on the 720 at first but it still started up. So I would drop the 720 into the craddle, connect to the PC and then TT Home found bothe the 720 device and the SD Card. I was able to copy mp3 files to the card (with Home) but the the 720 didn't find them when I undocked. But when I did the photo trick first it worked.
  • Tim 1465 Points
    I just tried it from within the 720. No more "select target device" messages, but it still installed the application and phone database on the SD card. I copied a few more MP3 music files on the SD card, but the 720 still refused to boot. I'll try again and add more photos.
  • droh 0 Points
    Tim,

Are you using Home 1.6 or 2.0 (beta) - it worked for me with 2.0. Havent had a chance to try 1.6 yet. And I'm not sure if it matters but i think I put just photos on first and when that worked I then added mp3 files.

Dave
  • Tim 1465 Points
    1.6 on the Mac. I've tried both 1.6 and 2.0 beta on the PC. I'm going to try a few different SD cards.
  • topcat 0 Points
    I have a 720, and I put in a Kingston 256Mb SD Card. TomTom home had no problem at all with it, and I loaded several pieces of music. However, when I try to start the 720 on its own it shows a picture, which I eventually recognise as an SD card with a cross through it, and then closes down. Through a card reader I can see that the music is correctly present.
    Any ideas?
  • Tim 1465 Points
    I've got the same issue, topcat.
  • Here is what I think we need to know from everyone to help narrow down the problem:

• Did you get it to work WITHOUT Booting from the SD card (y/n):
    yes
    vista home premium on a Dell Inspiron 9400 laptop
    2.0 Beta
    Not sure , as just used it straight from the pack.. didn't format it at all.
    • What brand is your SD card: ATP 2Gb
    • What size is your SD card: 2Gb
  • droh 0 Points
    I'm posting this message here where it probabaly should be, but it's the same message I posted in the Beta 2.0 thread that detoured into this discussion...

The more I play with SD cards and the 720 the more confused I am getting. But I've spent quite a bit of time on this issue this weeken and I have now tried three different cards and I think I have discovered a few things.

First of all my earlier theory about putting photo files on the card in addition to MP3 files seems to be a red herring, it doesn't matter and it doesn't solve any problems. I think that was a coincidence.

Second observation: I think it's all about the card, by that I mean type of card for sure and maybe manufacturer as well. I have three cards now, a Topram 150X 4GB card - works fine (about $40 on ebay). A generic 2GB plain SD card that I bought at my local MicroCenter for $18 also works great. A Sandisk Ultra II 2GB card does not work. When I say it doesn't work I mean you can copy files to it either using Home or without it but in either case the 720 won't find them. And when the 720 doesn't like a card it not only doesn't find the song files it also gets into a confused state that usually requires a "hard boot" (more about that in a second). I have read in other forums about TomToms not working with certain varieties of cards and it certainly seems to be true still for the 720. I think SDHC (high capacity) cards are out of the question and it appears that even some high speed regular cards (like Sandisk) dont work either. The Topram 150X cards do work, and I think I read that Transcent cards also work. It also appears from my experiments that a plain old SD card works too, but I have seen comments in this thread about smaller ones that I would assume are regular SD didn't always work - so who knows.

I can say for sure that you do not need to install any TT software on the SD card in order for them to work. All my cards that work have nothing on them but the MP3 files. In the 720 it is not an either/or situation, it does not have to load the software from the card, the card is an additional source of content. And in fact what happens is when you start up Jukebox it goes out and reads the card (even if you haven't changed it) and it adds those files to it's library.

I think I have also determined that Home 2.0 doesn't solve any problems. I did experiments with 2.0 and then went back to 1.6 and everything seems to work the same.

I think I figured out the red X too. But first another observation, this is my first TT Go so maybe this has always been the case, but the 720 seems to be like a regular PC in that you can shut it down completely or you can put it in standy. When you press the power button to turn it off it goes into standy, press it again and it comes out of standy. When coming out of standby you get the splash screen and then go right into the application. If you do a reset or if you have tried to use an SD card it doesn't like then you have to hold the power button longer to get it to actually shutdown and then press the power button to get it to restart. You can tell when it's a full restart because you get a TomTom logo with a short bongos riff and then the legal message about using it safely. And as I said any attempt to use a card it doesn't like usually requires doing a full restart. (When you turn it off the screen goes grey but doesn't actually shut off, you have to hold down the power button for few seconds to actually shut it off)

Now back to the redX issue. I think the red X message is really telling us that it can't boot from this card. It isn't saying the card itself is neccesarily bad, just that it can't boot from it. So I get the red X whenever I do a restart with any of my cards in the slot, but for cards it likes it then goes on it's merry way and they work fine. If it's the card it doesn't like it fails to boot up. But when I do a normal off and on sequence (standy mode) I don't see the red X if I am using cards it likes.

Final observation (this has gotten very long): things are still squirelly with SD cards. For one thing when you remove a card it likes it pops up a message, but it's the wrong message. It says "Car Symbol changed" - even though my car symbol hasn't changed at all. And when it doesn't like a card it for some reason deletes my current computer voice from the device itself.

Sorry this got so long, hope this info helps people out.

Dave
  • droh 0 Points
    One more observation, in both TomTom 1.6 and 2.0 beta the Home software doesn't seem to be able to "see" the files that are on even an SD card that the 720 likes. It's a little better in 2.0 because with this version it actually just opens am XP window where you can see the files and delete them if you want.
  • Tim 1465 Points
    Thanks for keeping us in line with the correct thread. :)

I agree with all of your observations, specifically that it seems to be an issue with specific cards, it doesn't appear to be a 1.6 vs 2.0beta issue, and the rebooting/red X issues. I think now we need to isolate if it is a card type/size/brand issue, or the underlying formatting of the card.

Thanks for sharing your findings!
  • droh 0 Points
    It's kind of fun trying to get this stuff figured out...

BTW all my cards are formatted as FAT32, that's the only option WinXP Pro is giving me. And no amount of formatting has enabled me to break a card it likes or make a card it doesn't like work.
  • Tim 1465 Points
    Mine look like they are mostly FAT16.... I'll see what happens if I convert them over.
  • droh 0 Points
    Heeeeey, maybe that's it. Because you are working with a fairly low capacity card aren't you?
  • Tim 1465 Points
    Right now I am. I've got a few higher capacity cards I'll try in a few minutes.
  • Tim 1465 Points
    My higher capacity cards (1, 2, and 4 GB) also failed. Weird.
  • droh 0 Points
    Tim,

What brand are your cards? And do you know if the are SDHC or a high speed version? Did you try formatting them as FAT32?

And are you still trying to put stuff on them using a card reader as opposed to having them in the 720 when you load music? In all of my testing I have first formatted the cards (using teh card reader) in Windows as FAT32 then put the cards into the 720 and then used Home to load music on them.

Dave
  • Tim 1465 Points
    Some are Kingston, others are SanDisk. Neither are SDHC nor high-speed. I've tried formatting them a FAT32. I've also tries loading them when they were in the 720 as opposed to an SD card reader.
  • riz1 81 Points
    I have successfully used a 1GB MicroSD card with an adapter and the Go 720 boots from it. I haven't had any major issues aside from the Computer voice disappearing on me. It almost seems as if I have to install voices separately between the card and the device.
  • I have a "Transcend" 2gb mini SD card in an adaptor (don't ask - I apparently needed a "micro" SD card for another device, so ended up with a spare mini card...), which has worked fine on two 720s (replacement due to faulty mic). So I really can't believe that brand has much to do with it?!

I was messing around on home before we came away on holiday (and I've picked up the replacement unit whilst away) and managed to move the tomtom app from the internal memory to the SD card, losing computer voices on the way.

When I got the new unit, I plugged the SD card in and all the MP3s on it were found straight away. It also seemed to pick up the SD card tomtom app and was running that (without the computer voices). I then deleted the tomtom app from the SD card and now have computer voices back, so am presumably on the slightly older tomtom app, which I will update when back at home later in the week.

In terms of adding to the debate about SD cards - I have used home 1.6 and now 2.0. I had added MP3s both via home (2.0 is much simpler for that) and Windows explorer - I dumped a load of MP3s under the "various" folder, set up a new album folder "loads of MP3s" if I recall, but it has picked up all the album names from the track titles/info anyway. I have added some photos using home 2.0.

I think that I first attached the tomtom to my computer before I put the SD card, which might affect things. At home I'm running Windows Media Center, and I've also installed home on an XP pro machine whilst away, with no obvious ill effect on the SD card MP3s. I haven't formatted the SD card from new, but have only used it in the tomtom from new.
  • I bought a 4GB Transcend 150x SD card that works perfectly with the 720. I'm using the latest Home 2.0 and 720 firmware.
  • wfdavis 0 Points
    I just installed a 2gig SanDisk. It works fine. I can play music and see my pictures but now I can't operate my TT720 from the home software. I keep getting the error "xulrunner.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." This happens with the card installed or not installed or no matter if I chose internal memory or memory card when first booting up in the cradle. Operate my 720 from the Home 2 software worked fine before I installed the memory card. Anyone else have this problem?

Wayne
  • I had a 1gig PNY card formatted Fat that card works fine.
  • ttombs 0 Points
    Making any sd card work requires you to have the correct folder structure. In order for the tomtom to recognize mp3 files there needs to be a folder at the top level the of the sd card that is called mp3. For photos you need a folder called photos and for audiobooks a folder called audiobooks, all at the top level of the SD card hierarchy. I had all the problems that are described in this forum until I simply created the correct folders exactly as they are found on the tomtom internal memory. Now everything works. I use a 4gb Sandisk SDHC card.

Hope this helps
  • Tim 1465 Points
    ttombs, that may be part of the mystery, but it isn't the full story. I have for or five SD cards here of different capacities and brands, all formatted the same way, all with the exact same files and folders with the exact same names. Some work, some don't. They all have a folder at the root level called 'mp3'.
  • ttombs 0 Points
    Tim,
    I agree with your reply but if I remember corretly you are using a Mac. Perhaps some aspect of the formatting from the Mac is causing your problems. I am using Windows XP with the tomtom 720. (I rather be using a mac though)
  • Tim 1465 Points
    I've been trying on Windows XP and Windows 2000... the cards that work work with both Mac and PC. The cards that don't work don't work on either platform regardless of which platform they were formatted on.
  • I read that the 720 can take an 8gb sd card and would like recommendations on specific sd cards that users have used.

Having said that here is a simpler explanation of how to use sd cards on 720. First upgrade to the latest version of tomtom home.

Your go 720 file system is fat32. So you can format your sd card to fat32.

Turn off the go and put in the memry card.

Put the go in your dock and start up.

yes to connect to pc.

You get a menu "select location" with options memory card or internal memory.

Whichever you choose is where your music, pictures and audiobooks will load to. (note you can switch location (which memory to use) in the menu. So I always choose internal memory.

Click add maps traffic voices etc.

click more and click music then click continue.

You'll get a popup folder s:\mp3 (thats the folder named mp3 on your internal or sd card depending which you choose.) click folders in the explorer window to view all the drives on your computer. My sd card shows as r:\ my tomtom as s:\

you can copy mps3 directly into mp3 folder or copy folders into the mp3 folder. By default go 720 plays all the files in your folder so basically you folder is your playlist.

(note while in explorer change the autoplay properties on your sd card to "take no action" otherwise every time you plug into home it will want to play your mp3s)

Go will recognize the following folders in your memory card .

photos audiobooks mp3.

Regardless of which device you choose, internal or memory card You can drag and drop files to photos and mp3 or delete files at either location once you are in explorer. For uploading audiobooks with the audiobooks manger application (a web download you install when you get an account) you will need to change to the device where you want them in the go home menu.

Once you are done in the home menu click disconnect device. Once disconnected remove you go 720 from the dock.

When you start your go 720 and click on music and media and tomtom jukebox You'll see it loading the data from your card .. takes a few seconds.

Done.

Hope someone found this helpful.

ps.. I saw today that a go 920 is coming out.. wish I had waited!
  • I had previously tried two different 512MB cards, (name brand), with no luck at all in any configuration. So, I broke down and got a new 2GB Sandisk (not ultra, a.k.a. the cheap one) popped it in, on the PC created a folder called 'mp3' on the card (drive E:), transferred some music, and it was recognized immediately upon rebooting the tomtom 720. For the recoed I got the red X on boot, but instead of shutting down as it had in the past with the 512MB cards, it flashed the X, the passed by and continued to boot, and upon entering into music, all the songs were there and available.

So, Something about 2GB seems to be consistently good, it would seem.
  • Tim 1465 Points
    Yes, and most cards under 1GB seem not to work.
  • dkoenig 101 Points
    Do we assume that this will be corrected with a Firmware update at some point?

Should the expected behavior be:

Insert an SD card with pictures, and be able to view them via the media
    Insert an SD card with mp3's (in appropriate folder) and be able to listen to them via the juke box etc?

Don
  • droh 0 Points
    Don,

Yes that's the expected behavior, and indeed that is how it works with the current firmware (assuming you use the file structure described above) but IF and it's a big IF only when you use some brands of SD cards. Not sure if that's a firmawre issue or a hardware issue in the 720.
  • I am wondering: it seems like the users on this forum are doing the testing and troubleshooting for major issues on the 720. This includes this SD issue, the bluetooth pairing and compatibility issue, the voice quality issue, etc. etc. Doesn't TomTom do EXTENSIVE testing before releasing a new product? It seems to me that they don't.
  • Tim 1465 Points
    I'm not sure if there are any firmware issues, but rather it isn't compatible with really small and perhaps some really large cards. It is possible that it could be addressed with a firmware update but I'm not holding my breathe for that.
  • Below is the response to two questions I sent to tomtom support:

ttombs>What is the maximum SD card memory capacity that the tomtom 720 can utilize? Will any SD card work at the maximum capacity?

tomtom>Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support regarding what the biggest SD card the GO 720 can handle. The largest SD card it can utilize is 4 GB. The SD card must be formatted using a Windows computer. If you have a Mac, erase it using the Disk Utility and make sure it is MS-DOS format.

ttombs>I inserted a 4gb Sandisk SDHC card with mp3 files on it into my tomtom go 720 but the tomtom does not recognize the music files. How do I get the tomtom to recognize the SD card?

tomtom>Thank you for contacting TomTom Support in regard to utilizing your SD card in the GO 720 in order to listen to audio files. I would be happy to assist you with this issue and my goal is to offer you an exceptional customer experience. The following information should assist you with the placing of audio files into a SD card. We do advise NOT to use a High Density or High Speed SD cards for the reason they can not be read by the software of the TomTom.

There are 2 ways that you could install music files into the GO 720. The first method would be to directly place the audio files into the flash drive of the TomTom. The second method would require you to place the music files into an SD card and the card would then be placed into the available SD card slot in the GO 720.

www.tomtom.com/5231 This web page will inform you of the audio formats that can be used in the TomTom. You can use MP3's and WMA's files in the TomTom. MP4's can not be used do to copyright laws.

www.tomtom.com/7557 This web page will instruct you on how to transfer music or audio book files directly into your GO 720's drive through the use of the TomTom Home Program. Please be aware that you only have an internal memory of 2 GB's and 1.4 is in use for the pre-installed maps and applications.

Audio Placed on a SD Card:

- You can use a maximum of a 4 GB SD card in the GO 720. Before placing any audio files on the SD card, the card must be completely formatted on your computer using the FAT 32 configuration - the full format configuration.

- To format the SD card, place the card into a card reader that has been connected to the computer. Touch your "start" button on your computer, go to "my computer" identify the SD card, right click on the drive for the card reader, and select "full or complete format".

- We suggest that you create 1 complete play list using Windows Media Player or Real Player Programs (as an example). Save the playlist into a file you can easily remember. Unfortunately, we can not advise you on how to use your computer software to create a playlist. We suggest that you contact the manufacturer of the program for assistance in this matter.

- Once the playlist is created, open the folder where the list was saved, select all files, copy files, and paste the files directly into the drive for the SD card. You have now transferred the audio files directly to the SD card.

- You can now remove the SD card from the reader and place the SD card into the GO 720. Power the GO 720 on, touch the center arrow/car, go into your menu settings, arrow over to "music and media" icon, select the "music and media" icon and select the TomTom Juke Box, and select the option you wish to use.

• TomTom wrote:
    - We suggest that you create 1 complete play list using Windows Media Player or Real Player Programs (as an example). Save the playlist into a file you can easily remember. Unfortunately, we can not advise you on how to use your computer software to create a playlist. We suggest that you contact the manufacturer of the program for assistance in this matter.

- Once the playlist is created, open the folder where the list was saved, select all files, copy files, and paste the files directly into the drive for the SD card. You have now transferred the audio files directly to the SD card.

On the go 720 by default tomtom jukebox plays all the files in your mp3 folder starting with the 1st file you select just like a playlist . To create several playlists make folders for each in your mp3 folder. For instance in my mp3 folder on my sd card I have a songs folder with mp3 music, a npr folder with podcast mp3s from npr, a bbc folder with bbc radio podcast mp3s and a books folder with separate folders for each mp3 audiobook (currently stephen king and Jon Stewart).
  • Hi all

I use a 150x -2gb Transcend SD card for storing aditional maps and so far everything is running smoothly. The device never boots from the SD card, - for that it has to have the Go application into the SD card, as it happened with older versions of the GO - but with normal booting - internal memory - I am able to switch maps on the fly ( preferences>manage maps>switch map ) , no matter if they are on the internal memory or on the SD card ( even without the Go app on the SD card ).

I do not use SD's for storing nothing else than aditional maps, which frees up the internal memory for other preferences ( music, photos, etc...)

:D
  • The 150x 4GB Transcend card works perfectly in my 720 as well.
    The Transcend 60x (Standard) works OK as well.

dave3dg

The Transcend 60x (Standard) works OK as well.

dave3dg
    I mean the 4Gb 60x (Standard) of course :wink: and the same SD works in the Audi A4 satnav 2004 in my son's car.

dave3dg