Anyone have any good user created vehicles for Garmins?
  • We all know about Garmin Garage (hopefully)
    http://www8.garmin.com/vehicles/bundles/allvehicles.html

    I'll start - after searching a bit on Google, I found the glad-you-asked blog, where the author has created Star Wars Landspeeders and Tie Fighters, Tron Lightcycles, Star Trek Shuttlecraft, many Batmobiles, Speed Racer Mach 5, and the Beatles Yellow Submarine!
    http://glad-you-asked.blogspot.com/search/label/garmin

    EDIT: This seems to be the original author of the Mario Kart
    http://evan.coonrod.org/post/30982585/mariokart-gps

    Anyone have any other good .srf files to share?
  • We all know about Garmin Garage (hopefully)
    http://www8.garmin.com/vehicles/bundles/allvehicles.html

    I'll start - after searching a bit on Google, I found the glad-you-asked blog, where the author has created Star Wars Landspeeders and Tie Fighters, Tron Lightcycles, Star Trek Shuttlecraft, many Batmobiles, Speed Racer Mach 5, and the Beatles Yellow Submarine!
    http://glad-you-asked.blogspot.com/search/label/garmin



    Thanks for the link, The Yellow Submarine was just what I was looking for.
  • papaw
    Posts: 28
    How do you load a vehicle from the garage to your GPS? I tried it and it didn't work.
  • papaw
    Posts: 28
    I just found out by a google search and it worked.
    http://www.sciuridae.co.uk/change_garmin_vehicle_icon.htm
  • boltjame
    Posts: 54
    On my 255w there is only 1 icon that is small enough to fit on the road and that's the Small Blue Car.

    Are there other small cars that fit on the road like that one?

    If not, can someone tell me what dimensions are necessary to create my own swf?

    TIA

    BJ
  • papaw
    Posts: 28
    I downloaded the airplane and the wings take up about 4 lanes but there are times that the GPS thinks I am on the service road when I'm on the freeway anyway and the way I drive I need the full wingspan. :lol:
  • Boyd
    Posts: 11,608
    boltjame said:

    Are there other small cars that fit on the road like that one?



    Some of the icons on this site are really small, which I like. They aren't cars though. Personally I find cars too cutesy for my taste anyway. :roll:

    http://www.thezook.net/nuvisite/index.html
  • Boyd
    Posts: 11,608
    boltjame said:

    If not, can someone tell me what dimensions are necessary to create my own swf?



    Here you go, but it is not easy...

    http://techmods.net/nuvi/
  • Turbo DV8
    Posts: 76
    papaw said:

    I downloaded the airplane and the wings take up about 4 lanes.



    Too dangerous to attempt an emergency landing with those clearances.
  • VfGn
    Posts: 1

    Anyone have any other good .srf files to share?



    Yes, take a look at www.vehiclesforgarminnuvi.com I'd been doing .srfs for a while and I thought that it was hard to share them without its own site, so this was the result.

    And I'll keep posting them so come back every now and then and you'll find new ones every time. Enjoy!
  • lordgrinz
    Posts: 132
    Anyone find a 2002-2006 MINI Cooper?

    EDIT: Never mind, I found a bundle of them on a MINI Cooper forum I belong to... 😀
  • VfGn said:

    Anyone have any other good .srf files to share?



    Yes, take a look at www.vehiclesforgarminnuvi.com I'd been doing .srfs for a while and I thought that it was hard to share them without its own site, so this was the result.

    And I'll keep posting them so come back every now and then and you'll find new ones every time. Enjoy!


    Wow, great site! I was looking for the Enterprise!

    Your interface is pretty slick on your website, but it loads slowly. You might want to add a simple 1 page list alternative. But hey, beggars can't be choosers!
  • lordgrinz
    Posts: 132
    Boyd, thank you for this link! I got a custom MINI Cooper vehicle, but the overhead view on the car was too large, so I used your link to create a PNG file that I could manipulate and change the size of the overhead car shots. Between this and my Custom MINI Cooper Splash screen, I couldnt be happier!

    Thanks Again!
    -David😀

    Boyd said:

    boltjame said:

    If not, can someone tell me what dimensions are necessary to create my own swf?



    Here you go, but it is not easy...

    http://techmods.net/nuvi/
  • StoneyPA
    Posts: 12
    Anyone have a Honda Pilot .srf? Or any GOOD generic gray SUV .srf?
  • Hi, I'm looking for a couple of Garmin vehicles if anyone knows where they are let me know......I need a Forklift Truck (preferably Toyota if possible if not then I will take any forklift).....Also a Ford Festiva would be cool also (preferably white) If Someone could make me a couple that would be aweful excellant of ya
  • ScottinBend
    Posts: 18
    I have a 1450 and was wondering how do you change the splash screen?





    lordgrinz said:

    Boyd, thank you for this link! I got a custom MINI Cooper vehicle, but the overhead view on the car was too large, so I used your link to create a PNG file that I could manipulate and change the size of the overhead car shots. Between this and my Custom MINI Cooper Splash screen, I couldnt be happier!

    Thanks Again!
    -David😀

    Boyd said:

    boltjame said:

    If not, can someone tell me what dimensions are necessary to create my own swf?



    Here you go, but it is not easy...

    http://techmods.net/nuvi/
↑ Top

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!