This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

860T OR 6000T OR 3050T

noturbizniss 0 Points
edited November -1 in Magellan Vehicle Forum
I'm not sure which to get...i don't think i need so much memory i have an mp3 player and sat radio...what are the differences between the 3 of them...i haven't found a comparison page, so i ask here.

thanks!

Comments

• Tim 1479 Points
    Here is that comparison page. Compare the Magellan RoadMate 860T, 6000T, and 3050T. If you have more questions, just fire away and we'll try to find some answers.

I'd pay attention to the chipset (number of channels), battery life, and overall dimensions/weight.
  • So basically it looks to me like the differences are this:
    860T wieghs 2 about 2 ounces more than the other 2
    860t only has 12 channels, while other 2 have 20 channels
    6000t has bluetooth, which i don't think i need since my phone is already bluetooth enabled.
    6000 and 3050 have more battery life
    860t has more hard drive space.
    Other than those seems like they are pretty much the same, so if i dont care about weight or bluetooth, or hard drive space, then it looks like i should go for the 3050t, esp if its cheaper than 860t right?
  • Tim 1479 Points
    Other than those seems like they are pretty much the same, so if i dont care about weight or bluetooth, or hard drive space, then it looks like i should go for the 3050t, esp if its cheaper than 860t right?
    Yes, that looks like a good conclusion based on what you are looking for. Here is a link where you can compare prices on the Magellan RoadMate 3050T from some different retailers.
  • do the 3050t and 6000t allow u to specify a specific street that you do or don't want to take?
  • Tim 1479 Points
    Yes, if there is a specific street you want to take you can specify it as a "via" point. If there is a specific street you want to avoid you can use the "exclude" function to route around that street.