This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

where is toyota

navigon2100 0 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
this weekend i was looking for a toyota dealership in jacksonville fl in the poi. i did not see toyota listed anywhere does everyone has this problem . there is also no place of worship have been listed in any city on the east coast what give i have a 2100 model do i need to upgrade

Comments

• Tim 1484 Points
    See our article on POI - Points of Interest. Not all known businesses will be listed-- in fact more often most are not listed.
  • egale 0 Points
    Also, Navigon (I have a 7200) has the worst POI database and access of any gps I have ever owned. Its one of Navigon's major cons.
  • spendleb 0 Points
    Navigon did tell me yesterday that they are 'working on a solution' to this but it's not ready yet.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Yes they are:

LAS VEGAS and CHICAGO, January 8, 2009 — Continuing in its tradition of being the category innovator, NAVIGON, today announced a greatly expanded pool of new content for its GPS navigators that will be available for download this spring. These content downloads include Red Light Camera Data, Rand McNally Scenic Routes and City Guides, a European Map, 3D Landmarks, a North American Expansion Pack and Extended POI’s. Users can purchase the content on NAVIGON’s Web shop.

Expanded POI’s

Improve your search results in a flash with NAVIGON’s Extended POI’s. Extended POI’s is an expansion pack for our devices with 2.8 million new POI’s in many new categories. The estimated MSRP is $29.99.

* 2.8 million Points of Interest
    * New categories
    * Compatible with NAVIGON 7200T

Users of the groundbreaking NAVIGON FreshMaps service can also use NAVIGON Fresh to easily download map updates to their device. NAVIGON’s FreshMaps service offers quarterly map and POI updates. (Keep in mind that an "update" does not necessarily translate as "more". It could be less.) :roll:
  • i went to best buy today and looked on the poi on a tom tom magelian and insigna and all them had listing for toyota dont understand why navigon is there a problem with navigon and toyota that they want allow.
    thinking maybe i bought the wrong brand
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    To may a long story short - Navigon gets what they pay for and s@$^# rolls downhill. :wink:

If it's not too late you should look closer at Garmin models as they allow the importing of select POI listings in the event the built-in POI database comes up short for your needs. Go poke around poifactory.com to get an idea of what is out there.