This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

AMCOR

On a misguided whim I bought an AMCOR 3900 at a Linens 'n Things going out of business sale. It seemed to work at first but then I pressed some wrong button, tried to reload from the CD and, as I had not backed up the maps first, lost everything. The website is very basic and is no help at all. The company's toll free number is no longer functional. At company headquarters (found through the internet) I was told that they do not honor the warranty (!) because I bought it at the going out of business sale. They did tell me that if I sent them an extra $150 they would upgrade me to the next higher model. Fat chance of that.

I notice that there is no mention of this manufacturer on your website. Do I now just have an expensive paperweight?

Comments

• gatorguy 326 Points
    Very likely. Sorry to say, but that's the primary reason we advice buyers to stick to the "names": Garmin, TomTom, Mio/Magellan and Navigon.
  • Marc 301 Points
    Call or email them and see what they say:
    Contact Amcor

By Email:
    E-mail inquiries should be directed to the addresses below.

By Mail:
    Amcor, Inc.
    685A Gotham Parkway
    Carlstadt, NJ 07072
    USA

By Email:
    E-mail inquiries should be directed to the addresses below.

Becoming A distributor: distributor@amcorgroupusa.com
    Inquiries about OEM Opportunities: OEM@amcorgroupusa.com
    Contact Amcor Management: management@amcorgroupusa.com

By Phone:
    For all customer service inquiries you may contact us on our toll free number: 1 (800) 584-6484.

Fax: (201) 460-9481

Our Other Offices:
    In addition to our US office, Amcor has offices in the following regions:

By Phone:
    For all customer service inquiries you may contact us on our toll free number: 1 (800) 584-6484.

Fax: (201) 460-9481

Our Other Offices:
    In addition to our US office, Amcor has offices in the following regions:
  • Probably going to report them to the NJ attorney general, then put it behind me. Thanks.
  • Marc 301 Points
    Edit: Sorry comment was not relevent. Please disreguard
  • The toll-free number on the website was out of service with no other number to call. I called the company's headquarters after looking it up on the internet. There I was told that they would not honor the warranty. When I complained that the warranty should be honored, I was given a person's name and direct line. I called it several times and left messages that were never returned.

I downloaded the manual and it does not address my problem. There is no software on the website that corrects the problem.

So, basically, I am now looking at a Nuvi 260.