This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Question about the PN-40SE

airgunner23airgunner23 0 Points
Should I have gone with the Delorme PN-40SE over the standard 40? 8 gig internal memory versus 1 gig. I know you can use SD cards, but I can't help but wonder if having more internal memory would make the unit faster, etc...

Comments

• Tim 1481 Points
    That was the case with the older PN-20... maps were faster in internal memory versus SD card. But with the speed of the PN-40 there really isn't a difference anymore. SD card memory is way cheaper than the extra memory on the SE model.
  • Good to know and thanks! Didn't want to have order yet another hand held! :shock:
  • Where are you finding the PN40 SE? I havent found one yet, if I buy it I want as much internal memory as possible.
  • Where are you finding the PN40 SE? I havent found one yet, if I buy it I want as much internal memory as possible.
    I haven't looked to see where I could buy one, but I read about it at various places during my searching.
  • Tim 1481 Points
    The SE model ("Special Edition") was only available direct from DeLorme and is now sold out. They said they might make more in the future, but there were no plans as of now.