This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Software To Upgrade 7300T for 7200T

2»

Comments

• sharing software is the best way to get yourself banned from here.
  • Tim 1480 Points
    sharing software is the best way to get yourself banned from here.
    :) Well said.
  • phishhead 0 Points
    ok, never mind. Just trying to get info together and help people out.

Guess I ll go to other site for software and sharing etc.
  • phishhead 0 Points
    xxhaimbondxx,

You are quick to tell me what I cant do maybe you can shed some light(or anyone else with the knowledge)

IF I were to come accross the right software somehow....can the 7200T hardware have the capability to utilize the voice commands for control and answering phone?
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    >Snip<

Can the 2gb mini sd in the 7200T be change to a larger size? It doesnt seem that it comes out and I have pushed it with paper clip etc.

ALSO, still trying to confirm...that first screen shot is NOT available to 7200T users correct???!?!

>Snip<

Re SD card: Yes, you can remove it and go up to at least 8GB. It can be HC/Class 6. With the gps screen facing up push in on the card and at the same time push down and put a little downward pressure on it. Reverse motion to reinsert.

You probably know by now that those screen shots were from MioPocket v3.0. I believe the latest is Build 49.

I decided to give it a try today and cannot get it to install on my 7200. Have it running just fine on a Mio - which of course is the original intent of the skin, hence the name.
  • phishhead 0 Points
    thanks for the reply spider. Not sure I am going to take the time to take out the SD card unless I could get mio pocket 3.0 on it and use an 8 gig card.

still just curious as to whether or not the 3 routes based on traffic appear on 7200? It took a while to pair the phone after I reimaged it the second time so I am not going back to look.

basically just wondering if all I got for $50 off of ebay was the Q2 maps and POI or if the three routes is a function of the 7300T only?????
  • spendleb 0 Points
    thanks for the reply spider. Not sure I am going to take the time to take out the SD card unless I could get mio pocket 3.0 on it and use an 8 gig card.

still just curious as to whether or not the 3 routes based on traffic appear on 7200? It took a while to pair the phone after I reimaged it the second time so I am not going back to look.

basically just wondering if all I got for $50 off of ebay was the Q2 maps and POI or if the three routes is a function of the 7300T only?????
    The 3 routes was not on the 7200.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    @ phishhead - Guess I missed what you were asking regarding the multiple routes. I don't think they are necessarily presented based on TMC traffic all the time. I recall the early announcements that the software had the capability of "learning" your driving style and always present several route choices. I could be wrong (as I often am) and it could simply be fastest, shortest, optimum routes.

Nope - here is the clip from CeBIT this past Spring:

NAVIGON MyRoutes*, available as standard in all new systems from CeBIT onwards, represents a milestone in the personalisation of satellite navigation. When recommending routes, the new function takes into consideration the individual driver type, the day of the week and the time of day. MyRoutes always shows the best possible route for the driver on the basis of his or her driving behaviour and by means of an optical “MyRoute” indicator. In addition to this recommended route, up to two alternatives are displayed. Thereby the system creates transparency - and offers a choice.

• phishhead 0 Points
    BOO!

The routes should be based on the fastest possible routes incorporating traffic!!

I used it today and it is seriosly lacking in the searching for POI while on a route or nearby. It sent me 10 miles backwards to homedepot because I could only search "nearby" and not along route like with my magellan. POI along route only gives you their 10 sponsered destinations and could add others!

Zaggat rattings are nice and I thought routes were if they were soley based on traffic.

not sure I am going to keep it unless I get a garmin or tom tom on it too. Navigon only seems good for traffic and zaggats. IT does have REALLY good and precise traffic info.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Well, best is to live with it for a little while. The 7200 has some nice features, but has always been lacking in the POI department. I do like the look of the maps and the information presented on the screen while driving. To me Garmins and TomToms look like cartoon maps. I run my nuvi 680 and 7200 at the same time on trips. I take the route the Garmin presents, but watch the 7200 (sound off).

I finally decided that free TMC was a better option than MSN Direct and just dropped my MSN account.

I have noticed a couple glitches since I installed the Q2 2009 maps and v7.3.4 firmware. I have lost Landmark view and no longer see any traffic incidents "on my route" even though there are incidents showing in the All category that are definitely on my route. Landmark view loss is a result of maps as I have taken my gps back to Q1 2009 and Landmark comes back. Not sure yet about traffic on route yet. I am hoping Nevigon will see the err of they ways and fix this on next release. That's least they can do for us in the US.
  • phishhead 0 Points
    yeah the map display is awesome on the navigon compared to tom tom magellan garmin. I agree its like a cartoon on them.

The POI work great if you are not already on a route with the Navigon. I had a nice zaggat rated lunch today and it found the ballys fitness near me.

WHen I was on a route and tried to search ballys near a city it wouldnt pull it up because it isnt IN the city just NEARBY.

Heck I just might keep it for POI when I am already at a location.

anyone have miopocket running on the 7200? I saw in another post that version 3.0 did not work on the 7200
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    RE: WHen I was on a route and tried to search ballys near a city it wouldnt pull it up because it isnt IN the city just NEARBY.

Speaking of POIs: I forgot - there is an adjustment you can make in the settings.xml file to increase the distance the 7200 will "look" for POIs. Best setting is to change it to go out about 32 miles, if I am recalling correctly. I posted the changes that can be made in another thread on here someplace.

As always - make a complete backup first!
  • phishhead 0 Points
    here is the thread:

http://forums.gpsreview.net/discussion/10948/x/p1/;highlight=7200+poi+settings+xml

Tonight after the gym I was on my way back to the hotel and wanted a zaggat rated dinner, but was getting results that were in the opposite direction of my hotel.

is there anyway to allow it to search for a POI along the route for your final destination like you can with a magellan? seems silly that they woudlnt include this option
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Technically it can show POIs on your route, but only the three Direct Access POIs types that you select to be shown. (From Main screen -> Options -> Settings > General > Page #2) There are two different categories for restaurants - Zagat and plain 'ole restaurants. I use plain 'ole Restaurants, Gas Stations and Parking & Rest Areas when on a long trip. Worst aspect is that it does not show direction and proximity to your route and it does not update the mileage to the POI as you get closer. Garmin does that quite nicely.

Now to get it to show the silly little screen of Nearby POIs you just tap the map screen when on a Route.

Another way to find a specific POI while on a route is to get to the same screen above and pick Interim Destination -> Search for POI. Although the POIs presented won't necessarily be on your route - just nearby. You need to carefully discriminate. I don't know if it is documented in the manual, but I doubt it, is how to eliminate an interim POI. You go back to pick Interim Destination (like starting a new one) tap the button and you will see "Skip Route Point" is now active at the bottom of the list.

As an aside - on that screen you will see Exit Guide and most likely it is dimmed out. It will only be active when you are on a major road, most likely an Interstate and will then show exit info.

IMHO Navigon just made it too damn difficult to manipulate menus whether you are sitting in the Barcolounger or groping your way down the highway at breakneck speeds. And the government thinks texting is dangerous!!! :shock:

Maybe you already discovered all this stuff, but here it is anyway.
  • phishhead 0 Points
    SWEET! Thanks a ton. I just set 1 to restaurants, 2 to zagat restaurant and 3 to gas.

This will do for the restaurants. To bad you cant search for specific destinations along the route and just type in Home Depot for example.
    Another way to find a specific POI while on a route is to get to the same screen above and pick Interim Destination -> Search for POI. Although the POIs presented won't necessarily be on your route - just nearby. You need to carefully discriminate
    I was trying this but bening from Philadelphia and in CT I have no Idea what towns are still coming up and ones that I already passed.

I am happy about the zagat on route tho. I also noticed that you can hit options after you select a zagat restauant and you get the review, type of food and hours etc!!! information overload!
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Too bad you cant search for specific destinations along the route and just type in Home Depot for example.

Using the Interim Destination (aka "Via" in Garminese) you can in a roundabout way...but it's a Navigon so it ain't easy.

Interim Destination -> Search for POI -> Nearby -> Select All Categories (green checkmark) -> in Sub Category tab tap the little "list" icon on the far right. It will bring up the text entry screen/keyboard. Just start typing "Home Depot" and it will bring up the closest one. You can use Show on Map to see where it is. or Add and it is then a via point and the gps will recalculate. You can check the Turn by Turn list and see how it is getting you there.

Experiment with Route Planning and see how that works, as well. Those routes can be saved.
  • phishhead 0 Points
    you rock spyder!

I am munching on some nice zaggat rateed thai as I type that is along my route to the bridegport ferry.
    You can use Show on Map to see where it is. or Add and it is then a via point and the gps will recalculate. You can check the Turn by Turn list and see how it is getting you there
    so I after I try this method I use show on map to make sure that it is not taking me backwards?

also, what do you mean when you say "add and then it is a via point and the GPS will recalculate"?

Show on map is probably the best option if it diplays the current route on the map.

Thanks again in advance spyder. Def keeping it now!
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    RE:
    what do you mean when you say "add and then it is a via point and the GPS will recalculate"?

The 7200 will not "add" the POI to the current calculated route until you select ADD. Then it becomes an interim POI on your original route. Just looking at where the POI is on the map is just that - looking at the location. No route is calculated until you ADD and indeed it may take you backwards, so look first and decide. Think of it as a detour. When you set a Via the 7200 takes you there and then picks up the original route and sends you on your way. You can also use a Via as a method of forcing the gps to route you the way you might prefer to go - using a specific highway or city.

I called the interim POI a VIA point because that is what Garmin calls them and I am bi-gpsingual, at times! Call it what you will, but most do refer to it as a Via or Via point, so get used to it!! :wink: Garmins and some other gps brands can actually plot a route with many via points. Think of a route salesman planning his route for the day or a realtor planning his day to show houses. 'Mo vias is 'mo better for several purposes.

Hope the Thai was enjoyable. I had Arby's! (But that is where my 2 yr. old grand daughter wanted to go because she managed to use the grown up potty three days in a row and no accidents!) :lol: :lol:
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    ....and who in the hell is/was Zagat and why is he the only one that knows the good places to eat? :?: :?: :?: :twisted:
  • meohmy 0 Points
    Hello all, maybe someone here can offer some advise to fix some of my issues.

I updated my 7200t with a 7300t software disc I got off an auction site and the experience has been a little disappointing. The 3D Landmark view doesn't work, the auto day/night mode is stuck on nighttime, although day time works you just have to select it, I can't find the Rand McNally Scenic Routes and the TMC doesn't work as well and it has locked up a a couple of times and needed a hard reset.
    On the up side the MyRoutes function well and the device recognizes my speech commands to it. I also can't find the setting to change voices to the Dakmar (or whatever) voice that I like on my 7200t. Also, it seems to me, it shows less street names then the 7200t. Things like Panorama View 3D aren't there too, it wasn't part of the upgrade disc but would have been nice to have.
    I'll keep playing around with it for a few more days but in the end I'll probably revert back to the 7200t software.
  • looks like you got a fake-pirated copy, because there are real-pirated ones.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    edited August 2009
    Good one xxhaimbondxx !
    because there are real-pirated ones.
    :lol:
    :P
    :twisted:
  • meohmy 0 Points
    Yea..Oh well, $39 so I thought I'd take a chance, should have known.
    I restored my 7200t software last night and was driving around today and it's definitely calculating routes faster, the touchscreen response better, shows more streets and re-route's through TMC properly. I don't think I'm going back to the 7300. Are there really 7300t software out there running properly on the 7200t?
    Crap..I just wanted that 7300t really badly, it was the one I was waiting for. Stupid Navigon.
    :? :twisted:
  • Yes there is but I paid the full price through Navigon and it's brilliant, massive improvement over the 7200 software, looks and performs so much better, in the UK though so can appreciate you can't get it from Navigon direct now in the US, don't blame them though as it does work well, really pleased I upgraded
  • floepie 0 Points
    After reading through this thread, I can't wrap my head around the fact that the 7210 units can be upgraded with no problem, whereas the same hardware in the 7200 cannot be upgraded properly, at least I have not seen such evidence anyway. Can this be boiled down to the maps themselves not being compatible with the upgraded OS/software?
  • wow ppl, iall of this reading about upgrading, not upgrading and so on is really driving me loko in the head. one min i want to upgrade the next i dont. I just got my Navigon 7200T (comming by mail in 3 days) under $200 and just wonther what the hekk am I gonna do with this thing when i get it? any body, any ideas? lol thx guys keep posting i will keep reading...
  • wow ppl, iall of this reading about upgrading, not upgrading and so on is really driving me loko in the head. one min i want to upgrade the next i dont. I just got my Navigon 7200T (comming by mail in 3 days) under $200 and just wonther what the hekk am I gonna do with this thing when i get it? any body, any ideas? lol thx guys keep posting i will keep reading...
    GPS devices are normally used for getting driving directions.
  • Thanks xxhaimbondxx, i was just been sarcastic about it cuz before i went searchig for this navigon i did not know about the pour support they aparently have by the company that made them. And i start it wondering if i should try upgrading it to the 73xx version or just leave it as is. or if im gonna run into problems when is time to register or update. I just gota bit nervus. thanks for your replay though.
    if youhave any info about how to or if i should upgrade this gps please help me if u can.

sorry bout my english...
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    You'll probably still be able to register the 7200 using the application called Fresh. Getting map updates down the road is another question. Navigon seems to be ignoring the US market at the moment.
  • Thanks Spider63 now i have a question...
    My friend have the navigon 7100 model and he's have free updates for life (so he said) and he just updated/downloaded free updates for his Navigon 7100. now the question is, can i use his updates on my 7200T ?

thanks guys
  • doesnt seem to be working as described. I think I got ripped off.

Ill share it if someone can figure out voice dialing/answering and terrain view
    So the new up grade didnt work the one you got off ebay ?