This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Navigon Lives!! FreshMaps Q2 2009 is now available!

ThunderLizard 91 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
Just downloaded it, but I've got to run! Guess I'll get to try it out first-hand - going on an overnight camping/men's retreat with my step son!

Go get it!!

Comments

• pcbrewer 0 Points
    Just saw it also....off to download
  • papa 0 Points
    What's the download link?
  • pcbrewer 0 Points
    http://navigonusa.com/

I purchased the 2 year subscription. I downloaded the Navigon Fresh software and do it from there.
  • zekec 0 Points
    Updated my 8100T and 2120MAX without any difficulty.
  • Ken-55 0 Points
    Got mine! . . . I'll see how it works in the AM.

I hope they fixed all the minor non brick & mortar business listings showing up as Zagat restaurants as you're driving by them!
  • Did it fit on your 2gb SD card? I can't fit the entire thing, had to sacrifice Texas maps. Post offices and few other POIs finally appear. Too bad, they went under.
  • tph06784 80 Points
    My 8100 updated fine. It took about 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
  • MTurbo 91 Points
    Just downloading my 7200 its sloow. :)
  • AlexM555 0 Points
    The SD card that comes with the units should be a 4GB card, not a 2GB. You shouldn't have any problems updating your card. You download speed is entirely dependent on your internet provider, not your Navigon unit. The map files are first downloaded to your computer, then your SD card is updated with the new maps.

Alex
  • zekec 0 Points
    Was playing with my updated 8100T and noticed that when selecting the state/province, the flags looked different... ie, not as nice.

In fact several of the Canadian provinces did not show the Canada map at all...
    AB, BC, NS, ON, QC are flagless on my list.

Am I cross-eyed, or do other people see this problem as well?
  • I agree the SD card that comes with the units should be a 4GB card, not a 2GB.

Workaround - Hook up GPS w/USB cable to PC and connect via internet (DSL) to MyNavigon. Download Mac/OS .zip FreshMap update file (1.2GB) to your PC. With DSL, it's fast. Unzip. Copy to formatted 2 GB SDCard. Insert SDCard in Navigon 2100 Max.

Total time for Q1 2009 Updates: 45 Min.

I use the SD Card reader in my Epson USB Stylus R340 printer. Insert SDCard and see the contents of the SDCard on My Computer (XPPro/SP3) as a removable drive!!!

Checked MyNavigon over the past several days. No Q2 2009 software Freshmap downloads offered as Mac/OS zip files from MyNavigon.

Heard that the counter is not counted so much as the time of the subscription. Hope that's true!! Will call Navigon Tues and ask about both 1. the OS download and 2. the counter vs time on subscription - which is the real deal.

Zombitz.com - 4.2.1. -
    http://kombitz.com/forum/index.php?topic=95.0
    Video Showing Unlocking of Navigon GPS!!
    - great hack for making Navigon GPS into media entertainment center!!! Lots of geek tools to check what's under the hood as well. And it's a great GPS as well!!
  • aaronwt 0 Points
    The SD card that comes with the units should be a 4GB card, not a 2GB. You shouldn't have any problems updating your card. You download speed is entirely dependent on your internet provider, not your Navigon unit. The map files are first downloaded to your computer, then your SD card is updated with the new maps.

Alex
    I picked up a 4GB Class 6 microSDHC card for under $11 from Amazon to replace the 2GB card that came with my 7200T.
    It's currently working fine in my 7200T. Hopefully my Freshmaps card will show up tomorrow so I can update to the new maps.
  • davelac 91 Points
    Has anyone had any experience with downloading and installing a FreshMaps update on more than one unit? I currently have a 2100max and looking to possibly get a 7200T as long as I can use my current FreshMaps subscription to keep it updated.
  • Tim 1456 Points
    You would need to purchase a subscription for each device.
  • papa 0 Points
    Has anyone had any experience with downloading and installing a FreshMaps update on more than one unit? I currently have a 2100max and looking to possibly get a 7200T as long as I can use my current FreshMaps subscription to keep it updated.
    If you plan to replace the 2100 with the 7200t, you can ask Navigon to transfer the Freshmaps code to the 7200t.

Here's a quote from Navigon:

"In order to transfer your FreshMaps code, please fax copies of your
    original Proof of Purchase (Receipt, including FreshMaps), your return
    receipt, and your ticket# along with your Name, Address, and
    Phone Number to 1-800-549-0284, attention NAVIGON Support.

Once we have received the requested information, we will contact you in 2-3
    business days in order to confirm the information and transfer your
    FreshMaps functionality."
  • davelac 91 Points
    I really like my Navigon 2100max and sorry to see the company disappear from the states. For $209, the 7200T looks appealing for my second car. Am I wasting my money or should I just stick with a second reconditioned 2100max.
  • caryrae 92 Points
    I really like my Navigon 2100max and sorry to see the company disappear from the states. For $209, the 7200T looks appealing for my second car. Am I wasting my money or should I just stick with a second reconditioned 2100max.
    Circuit City online has refurbished 7200t's for $180 and $1.99 standard shipping. http://www.circuitcity.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4627432&sku=N224-1036 RB
  • Bestbuy.com still has Freshmaps cards, but they are backordered. Is that my best bet to get one of these cards still?
  • I really like my Navigon 2100max and sorry to see the company disappear from the states. For $209, the 7200T looks appealing for my second car. Am I wasting my money or should I just stick with a second reconditioned 2100max.

Circuit City online has refurbished 7200t's for $180 and $1.99 standard shipping. http://www.circuitcity.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4627432&sku=N224-1036 RB
    I think I have pretty much decided to go with the 7200t even though it may not be supported much longer. It just has every single feature that I want in a GPS and I just can't pass it up. I would be paying upwards of $500 to get the features that this unit has.

I remember you recommended a refurb unit for $179, but I am having trouble pulling the trigger on that. I am just afraid I am going to have problems with it. Does the refurb come with everything that the retail unit comes with?
  • dnajar 0 Points
    Back-ordered on anything from Navigon probably means they are out and never getting any again. It is clear Navigon has set a time frame on when they can completely shed supporting NA as more important than any additional NA revenue.
  • Ken-55 0 Points

I think I have pretty much decided to go with the 7200t even though it may not be supported much longer. It just has every single feature that I want in a GPS and I just can't pass it up. I would be paying upwards of $500 to get the features that this unit has.

I remember you recommended a refurb unit for $179, but I am having trouble pulling the trigger on that. I am just afraid I am going to have problems with it. Does the refurb come with everything that the retail unit comes with?
    I hate Circuit City . . . but that's a whole 'nuther post.

I have a 5100 that I bought new over a year ago. A few months ago, I picked up a refurb 5100 for my GF online for under $100. No problems at all. It came with all the accessories.
  • aaronwt 0 Points

I hate Circuit City . . . but that's a whole 'nuther post.

I have a 5100 that I bought new over a year ago. A few months ago, I picked up a refurb 5100 for my GF online for under $100. No problems at all. It came with all the accessories.
    Circuit City is dead. Someone paid for the name and relaunched a webiste with it's name. The same people who bought CompUSA.
  • AlexM555 0 Points
    Has anyone noticed a different traffic notice that the GPS lady speaks when encountering a new traffic problem? This occurred after the 2Q09 Update. Instead of saying.."new Traffic update, please check your screen"... She says something entirely different.

Alex
  • papa 0 Points
    Instead of saying.."new Traffic update, please check your screen"... She says something entirely different.
    Hmm....what does she say?
  • Instead of saying.."new Traffic update, please check your screen"... She says something entirely different.

"Too congested, please stay home or walk".
  • papa 0 Points
    Alex, my 7200T still says, "new Traffic update, please check your screen". I checked it today. I have the Q209 update.
  • Instead of saying.."new Traffic update, please check your screen"... She says something entirely different.

"Undt der autopoofen mit der roadengragen! Vatchen das gerfingerpoken von rumpensschtein!"

:P
  • Spyder63 231 Points
    If you do you have to clean it up yourself!

:lol:
  • DonC 0 Points
    The only thing odd I noticed about this update was that I didn't lose all my saved destinations. I'm wondering if it updated successfully.
  • Yes, because it was just a map update. If you would a software update, then it probably would wipe all your favorites and settings.
  • DonC 0 Points
    Coolsville. Thanks, Mr. Bond.
  • davelac 91 Points
    Hey - I just got an email from Navigon saying that they have a map update (Q2_2009). I did the update already based on postings here, but it's good to know that Navigon is in some contact with the US market.
  • If you can call an automated e-mail a "contact"....
  • gatorguy 224 Points
    At least one poster (supposedly) received confirmation that all FreshMap subscriptions will be discontinued after 2011, so if legit there is no reason to save any cards to use in a couple of years.
  • pcbrewer 0 Points
    Just got my email from Navigon about the update also.
  • I downloaded the Q2 map update to my 2200T. It works, but something has changed dramatically. In turning on my device, the Boot Flash screen and sound occur as before, but the spinning double arrow goes on for a very long time before the boot process is completed. I thought this might be caused by an updating process the first time after installing the new map data, but the protracted boot process (3-4 minutes) persists after several on-off cycles. GPS acquisition seems to take twice as long as before. Happy to report that the POI database has been expanded to incorporate new establishments. Yet it continues to carry Circuit City as retail vendor.

Now I have discovered the worst thing. If I select the "I" (for legend information) after selecting a specific restaurant in Zagats Review, the device freezes and must be powered off and rebooted. Otherwise navigation and POI browsing seems to work fine. Since the normal GPS functions are working, I'm hesitant to Reset and Restore from backup.
  • sengchau 0 Points
    After updating Q2 map to my 7200T. I found that the 3D landmarks does not exist anymore. Has anyone noticed that or it is just something wrong with my system?
  • davelac 91 Points
    Hmmm...you may be right. I just tried to view a route that I thought had 3D buildings in the past, but they don't seem to appear now after the update. Can someone else check too? Thanks.
  • My 3D was fine after the update. Qualcomm Stadium and Petco Park in San Diego both show up on mine.

As a side note, if Navigon releases Q3 maps, when would that be around?
  • davelac 91 Points
    Tried a simulated route from Qualcomm to Petco Center and no 3D buildings. The folder/file is in there, but maybe it didn't download correctly. I'll do an update again and if it doesn't work, maybe I can take the old "Landmarks" folder and copy it over the old one. Anyone else have a better idea? Thanks in advance.
  • sengchau 0 Points
    I tried that too. No 3D Landmarks showed up. I sent an email to Navigon about this few weeks ago. I have not received any responses from them.
  • AlexM555 0 Points
    edited June 2009
    Instead of saying.."new Traffic update, please check your screen"... She says something entirely different.

Sorry about the delay.... the traffic lady now says on my 8100T: "A new traffic notice concerns your route..."

I wonder if it's model specific or a general change?

Alex
  • davelac 91 Points
    edited June 2009
    For WizeGuyDezignz - can you tell us which version of the software you're running on your 7200T?

v7.3.1 or v7.3.4

This may help narrow down on the root of the current problem with Landmarks 3D not appearing for other 7200T owners. Thanks.

Sorry about the delay.... the traffic lady now says on my 8100T: "A new traffic notice concerns your route..."

I wonder if it's model specific or a general change?

Alex
    That's what mine (8100t) says as well. I have had no issues with functionality since my last update. Seems to be working like a champ!
  • dnajar 0 Points
    I bought my 8100t in early May and have not downloaded any maps nor firmware. It has always said "A new traffic notice concerns your route..."
  • wchong 0 Points
    Hi, I am new to this forum and I just purchased a 7200T but can't seem to purchase freshmap anywhere. Does anymore have their Q2 2009 US maps available?
  • Hi, I am new to this forum and I just purchased a 7200T but can't seem to purchase freshmap anywhere. Does anymore have their Q2 2009 US maps available?
    I believe you can still buy FreshMaps on Amazon. In order to use the update, you need to download Fresh from Navigon's site so you can get the update. Fresh is their updater program. Good luck and welcome!
  • wchong 0 Points
    Nop. I've checked and it is no longer available..... :cry:
  • Spyder63 231 Points
    Try Radio Shack and just throw the gps away!!! :lol: :lol:

NAVIGON 2090S GPS System

Online and in-store order only
    $89.97

* Brilliant 3.5" touchscreen LCD display is easy to read
    * Ultra-thin design makes the NAVIGON easy to transport
    * Comes pre-loaded with maps of the continental United States
    * Includes a microSD™ memory card slot for additional storage
    * 2-year FreshMaps activation card is provided so you always have the most up-to-date information
    * Speed Assistant displays speed limits and can warn you if you are exceeding them
    * Vehicle mount and 12V vehicle charger cable conveniently included
  • Or you can sell it on E@bay.