This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Free Upgrade 7210 to 7310

cocreators 0 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
Did anyone see the ad from Navigon for the free upgrade to 7310? THey have hanged their website and now deny having offered it. Now they want to charge me for the upgrade. If anyone captured the screen shots please let me know. I am in the UK and purchased the 7210 from pixmania.com

Comments

• zekec 0 Points
    IMHO, it would be nice of them to offer you the features for free;
    however, I don't believe the ads promised that.

They seemed to just indicate that when the new features were available,
    there would be a software upgrade that allowed one to improve the 7210 to a 7310.

You may find some of the original promo at
    http://www.navigon.com/site/int/en/cebit09

Click on the blue "New Features" box.
  • Did anyone see the ad from Navigon for the free upgrade to 7310? THey have hanged their website and now deny having offered it. Now they want to charge me for the upgrade. If anyone captured the screen shots please let me know. I am in the UK and purchased the 7210 from pixmania.com
    In Holland it is already possible to download this upgrade.
    Because it is an upgrade instead of a update it is not free.
  • When I saw the website showing a free upgrade for all 7210 to 7310 users that implied that other model users would have to pay for the upgrade. One of their customer service representatives apologized on the phone for Navigon but could do nothing as senior management had changed the policy after advertising the free upgrade. It was probably a mistake but they should still do something for those who purchased the 7210 based on the free offer.
  • The ad I saw was for a free upgrade for 7210 Users. It was different than the one they currently have on their website.
  • spendleb 0 Points
    In the UK too, I don't recall seeing a 'free' offer but I was told on several occasions that it would be at a 'low cost' to 7210 owners, I don't call almost £70 and a new 4GB card 'low cost', I am waiting to hear back from the support team but they are very slow!

Daft pricing as the 7210 has been on sale on their website for only £20 less than the 7310 so why then charge £70 for the upgrade to make it the same spec :evil:
  • spendleb 0 Points
    Navigon support are driving me mad, despite advising they would respond to my comments about the pricing within 1-2 days, they just don't reply now, chased several times and logged a new call but nothing......up until this I had a good impression of them and thought they were helpful, amazing how they close down when money is involved :evil:

Has anyone tried actually calling them? Might give that a go.