This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Freshmaps Compatibility

cbabbman 0 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
I just got a freshmaps subscription.

I have a 7200T.

I'm wondering if the maps for the 7200 & 8100 are compatible. For example, If I register my unit as a 8100 and get those maps, will they work on my 7200?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments

• gatorguy 326 Points
    You have to connect your device during registration. The ID comes from reading the device AFAIK. You can't just say it's an 8100
  • cbabbman 0 Points
    I have an 8100 coming.

I've seen mention that the 8100 comes with freshmaps... is this a true statement?
  • Deluxe247 0 Points
    I have an 8100 coming.

I've seen mention that the 8100 comes with freshmaps... is this a true statement?
    Hmm... My 8100 should be coming in the mail today. I will check the box contents but I don't think it comes with Freshmaps. If it does however, I will have to refuse the Freshmaps which will be arriving on Friday :?

I will let you know.
  • I just got a freshmaps subscription.

I have a 7200T.

I'm wondering if the maps for the 7200 & 8100 are compatible. For example, If I register my unit as a 8100 and get those maps, will they work on my 7200?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Just out of curiosity, did you purchase your FreshMaps subscription from the Amazon (TigerDirect) deal that I posted a couple days ago? If so, which part of the country do you live in? I only ask because I want to gauge if mine will be coming in the mail today or not. Thanks!
  • cbabbman 0 Points
    I live in the Chicago area and all UPS shipments from Tiger that come out of Naperville always show up the next day...
  • Deluxe247 0 Points
    I just got my 8100T in the mail and it does not come with Freshmaps (I didn't think so :P ) However my 2 Yr Freshmaps came in early from Tigerdirect. (I ordered on the 1st and received today) :D
  • I've seen mention that the 8100 comes with freshmaps... is this a true statement?

I just got my 8100T in the mail and it does not come with Freshmaps (I didn't think so :P ) However my 2 Yr Freshmaps came in early from Tigerdirect. (I ordered on the 1st and received today) :D
    I also ordered on 6/1 and haven't received mine yet. Where do you live? I am in San Diego, CA. Did it come UPS or regular mail?
  • davelac 91 Points
    Mine came in today - order placed on 06/01. Interesting package. Just a 5"x8" card in a ziplock type bag. The card has a sticker on it with an activation code. Sort of reminds me of the cards you get with the Microsoft sticker when you get a new PC. Guess this is cheaper than the little credit card types they used to send wrapped in big plastic packaging. I assume those who ordered from TigerDirect got the same.
  • Deluxe247 0 Points

I also ordered on 6/1 and haven't received mine yet. Where do you live? I am in San Diego, CA. Did it come UPS or regular mail?

I am in Austin TX.
  • davelac 91 Points
    Upstate NY - arrived by UPS.