This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Can't get Navigon 7200T to connect to Microsoft ActiveSync

WizeGuyDezignz 5 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
I have been searching high and low for this answer, but I can't find it. I can't for the life of me get my Navigon 7200T to connect to Microsoft ActiveSync.

I've tried everything. I uninstalled and reinstalled ActiveSync 4.5 and it sill won't connect. I tried it on my laptop and my desktop with no success.

I am wanting to make this connection so I can install and use POI-Warner. Does anybody have any advice? Thanks!

Comments

• This may sound like a dumb question, but why do you need to connect to Activesync?

POI Warner should drop the necessary file in your Navigon folder while you have the device connected to your PC. No need to sync the device like a PDA.

Give it a try! (But also check out my thread on POI warner - some interesting things but it boogers up my Terrain Mapping. Fun to play with but I haven't really seen a justifiable use factor yet! JMHO!)
  • It is definitely not a dumb question, I just believed that I needed ActiveSync to work for some reason. LOL!

However, I know the POI-Warner website walks you step-by-step to install and register, but I think I am still having a problem. After I install the unregistered version, I can't get to the screen where it prompts me to put in the registration number.

The software will open and give me errors about syncing which is why I thought ActiveSync was the problem. Then it will give me an error saying something about it can't access the Micro SD card or there isn't sufficient space left, I can't remember. Do I need a larger Micro SD card to fit this program?

I just have the 2gb card that came with the device. I think I have a little over 200mb's left.

Also, where does POI-Warner install the files on the device? I couldn't seem to find any folder or anything that reminded me of it. Anyhow, I just want to make sure I can get this program to work before I spend the money on it. Thanks!
  • The card size may be the problem - not sure, but I do know that you'll get faster response from the unit if you put in a larger memory card. I certainly did when I upgraded. I went from the 4gig card to an 8 gig and it made a nice difference. Nott exactly sure why, but I'm not complaining!

Aside form that, you shouldn't have the issues you're referring to. I simply downloaded, ran the install and followed the prompts from there, and "voila". What I did was I kept my original card as a hard-copy backup of the unit before the POI Warner was installed (in case it boogered anything up). When you get the new card, you can just do a "copy/past" onto the new card and you should be all set.

Hope it helps!