This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

8100T TMC Sensitivity

cbabbman 0 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
I have both a 7200T and a 8100T.

running both side by side, I've noticed that the TMC seems to be a bit flaky on the 8100T.

For example, while the TMC icon on the 8100 is red, the 7200 seems to be locked on a station and giving me traffic information.

I even went as far as switching the power cords between them but still see the same thing.

Anyone else noticed anything like this?

Comments

• mboy 0 Points
    What I notice on my 8100 is the only time I get any traffic updates in NJ is on the Graden State pkwy (have not been on the Turnpike with it yet).

I do NOT get any traffic on Rte 280 (major highway), Rte 80 (another biggie), RTE 46, etc.

ONLY on the GSPKWY.
  • cbabbman 0 Points
    I used to get updates in IL for I88 but as of the last week, it seems that I am not on either the 8100 or 7200 for anything on that road...

Has something changed with the TMC feed itself?
  • Just returned from Raleigh and the updates were frequent and accurate. Having no problems around Charlotte either.
  • cbabbman 0 Points
    Are there any tweaks or modifications that can be done to increase the sensitivity of the TMC?
  • I'd be interested to hear a comparison between a 5100 and a 7200T or an 8100.

The 5100 picks up TMC with no external antenna or power cord needed. But the 7200T seems to need the powercord attached to get TMC.
  • I'd be interested to hear a comparison between a 5100 and a 7200T or an 8100.

The 5100 picks up TMC with no external antenna or power cord needed. But the 7200T seems to need the powercord attached to get TMC.
    I think the 7200 and 8100 are supposed to get better TMC reception because the antenna is in the power cord. That being said, I'm not sure of the benefit of getting traffic updates from 150 miles away! :wink:
    (by the time I'll get there and be able to use the info, it will have changed, or I would have picked it up with poorer reception!)

Maybe moving the antenna allowed for more room in the device to stuff in the extras! :wink: