This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

7210 - 7310 upgraded at the weekend :-)

spendleb 0 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
Finally got out to test the new features since upgrading my 7210 to the 7310 last week. There are now a lot of little tweaks you can make to things like the traffic updates to block badly effected routes etc and I love the MyRoutes function where you are now given 3 different routes to your destination to choose from (colour coded) with times and mileage displayed :-), the 3D mapping is also kinda cool although too flat around my locality to really appreciate it, need to visit Scotland to test it !!! The City 3D is neat although not really sure how practical it is, more of a novelty but the building representation was quite accurate when driving through Leeds at the weekend. The Clever Parking is also good as is the 'one click POI', makes it easy to jump off the path to reach something spotted on the map.

All in all a great update to an already excellent device although the £70 price tag is way too high given how closely priced the 7210 and 7310 already were.

Comments

• :evil: I'm jealous!!! :twisted:
  • spendleb 0 Points
    Have to say this is the best sat nav device I have seen, friends with tomtom and garmin etc and they don't come close to this, can't understand why it's not more popular in the UK.
  • As a resident of UK or Europe, can you purchase current US maps for your UK/Europe Navigon devices? I'm curious.
  • spendleb 0 Points
    As a resident of UK or Europe, can you purchase current US maps for your UK/Europe Navigon devices? I'm curious.
    Just had a quick check and yes, we can purchase the North American maps over here.
  • Richkut 0 Points
    So if that's the case, why can't we just buy the European models directly from Navigon and order North American maps? All that has to be done is the currency exchange rate calculation, and NAVIGON'S EILLINGNESS TO SELL THEIR EUROPEAN UNITS TO US, CORRECT???!!!
  • spendleb 0 Points
    Suppose it depends on whether they will ship to the states? American colleague bought hers over here and added the North American Maps and uses it when she goes home no problems.