This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

7200T Auto Day/Night defaults

bolco 0 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone else has the same issue that I do. I absolutely LOVE my 7200T's and they provide my wife and I with much more than we ever could have expected. My biggest (yet, still petty) issue is that while you are driving, it doesn't switch over to night brightness soon enough. In my opinion, it's about 1 hour late and becomes a distraction while driving in the early evening. Honestly...it is actually pitch black out before the screen dims. Is anyone aware of any settings that I can adjust to encourage the unit to dim to night brightness earlier than it does?

Comments

• dnajar 0 Points
    if you search the Navigon topic for the term XML you should find a thread which collected multiple tweaks, including the one you are requesting.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Here ya go.....

AutoDim feature switching too late or too early, there is a delay in ApplicationSetting.xml.

<DayNightSwitching>

<SunRiseDelay>0</SunRiseDelay>
    <SunSetDelay>3600</SunSetDelay>
    </DayNightSwitching>

Current delay is 3600 (seconds?) which is an hour. Enter 0 to put it back on the correct change time for sunset.
  • bolco 0 Points
    THANK YOU! Just what I was looking for.
  • if you search the Navigon topic for the term XML you should find a thread which collected multiple tweaks, including the one you are requesting.
    For future reference, this is the thread, it's very useful to get started on tweaking the settings:

http://forums.gpsreview.net/discussion/11352/x/p1/;highlight=xml+tweaks