This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Compatability of Power Cord between 7200T and 8100T

dnajar 0 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
I am curious if anyone has owned both models and knows whether the 12V power charger used for the units is the same.

Comments

• Samo-samo! Both are USB Mini.
  • The 7200T power cord also functions as an antenna for traffic. There's an inline coil at the halfway point on the cord, and that has something to do with the antenna function.

On my 7200T, without the power cord I get no traffic updates, with th ecord I get updates within a minute or two.
  • The 7200T power cord also functions as an antenna for traffic. There's an inline coil at the halfway point on the cord, and that has something to do with the antenna function.

On my 7200T, without the power cord I get no traffic updates, with th ecord I get updates within a minute or two.
    This is true...for both the 8100T and the 7200T. Same power cord with Traffic antenna built in.

While any USB mini will allow the unit to function and charge, you need the Factory power cord for the 7200 or the 8100 to get a good feed on traffic updates. You may still get them if you have a good local station with a strong signal, but reception will not be as good.

Still, the power cords are interchangeable between the two, and both have the antenna built in.