This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

My 765t died tonight...anyone else?

Comments

• hcdouglas 0 Points
    If you bought it at Best Buy then turn it on, if it bricks take it back. You have 30 days to return merchandise. Garmin told me to do that, but I bought mine from a distributor (hard to find the 785T in a store) that I have an account with so when I called the company they said all the 785T's they have are from the same batch so I would probably have the same problem. That is why I went thru Garmin, hoping to get a much newer unit that may not have the same issue. Good luck.
  • mogulman 0 Points
    If you bought it at Best Buy then turn it on, if it bricks take it back. You have 30 days to return merchandise. Garmin told me to do that, but I bought mine from a distributor (hard to find the 785T in a store) that I have an account with so when I called the company they said all the 785T's they have are from the same batch so I would probably have the same problem. That is why I went thru Garmin, hoping to get a much newer unit that may not have the same issue. Good luck.
    Yeah.. the only problem is there is a 15% restocking fee on GPS units at Best Buy.
  • IsLNdbOi 0 Points
    The restocking fee is if you're returning for refund, not for exchanges.
  • mogulman 0 Points
    The restocking fee is if you're returning for refund, not for exchanges.
    I can see it now.. Exchange it.. walk out the store and turn it on..brick..walk back in...Exchange...

Could be interesting...
  • hcdouglas 0 Points
    Well, what I am going to do is, get my new unit tomorrow and not turn it on. Wait to see what transpires with a fix then go that route so I dont have to keep shipping bricked gps units back.

Exchange it at Best Buy and watch the forum for the next couple days. I am sure a fix will come out. I am sure Garmin doesnt want to exchange 100's if not 1,000's of units.
  • IsLNdbOi 0 Points
    Maybe I'll wait to send my unit back. If they run out of refurbished units to send out maybe they'll start sending out NIB units.
  • bronchial 0 Points
    Just got off the phone with a Garmin rep. My wait time was 60min until talking to someone but they were very helpful. As others have said earlier, I inquired about the status of a fix and she said engineers are aware of the problem and testing solutions.

I will be receiving a new 755T shortly in the mail as I was near the 60-day marker, which I guess is how they judge between sending new or repairing. I've had mine for about 63 days so there is some leeway.

The Garmin rep did tell me the support department was just notified of the issue this afternoon as being widespread and to expect higher than normal call volumes.

Let us hope it is just a software issue which created a domino effect to bricking these units, so a simple update could resolve the issue. Anything more serious and my second one might be getting sent back as well.
  • hcdouglas 0 Points
    I was told that since my unit was only 7 days old I would get a new unit, not a refurb.

If your unit is over 60 days old then you get a refurb.
  • Edsel 0 Points
    I was told I'd get a refurbished, I paid to return it and it would take 1.5 weeks to send out the refurbished as soon as they received my Garmin "Brick". I purchased the 765T three weeks ago.
  • caryrae 92 Points
    edited June 2009
    OK I renamed the files like SergZak said and have had the 755t on for 50 minutes so far and seems fine. Does it have to be plugged in for the message to pop up or will it do it if it is running off the battery as well?

Have SW Ver 3.4 nuvi 755 V6 4GB P1 S2 330MHz
  • salrman 0 Points
    My 785T died this afternoon at around 4pm with the same message and sequence. But it would not power back on regardless of the power source. After a 35 minute wait, Garmin Customer Service said I would have to send it in for repair, with no estimate of how long it would take to get it back.

I was not happy about sending it back at my cost, so I asked if they were paying for the return shipping. I received an email with a UPS tracking number. They are at least being a little customer-focused by paying the shipping both ways.

What a debacle. Someone in their QA/QC or change management division should be looking for a new job.
  • bronchial 0 Points
    @ edsel

I would call them back because you have 60 days, give or a take a couple as they are being fairly lenient, from the time you first acquire satellites to get a brand new unit sent out to you at no cost if something is wrong with your unit. Refurbished/repair is typically only after 60 days have passed.
  • SergZak 340 Points
    Well my unit is still operating normally since performing my initial procedures driving back to work my 2nd shift today. Since there's ALOT of info dispersed in the topic, I'll summarize what I did (to the best of my memory) in the hopes that it -may- prevent someone's still operating unit from bricking. Who knows, mine may brick after I write this up:

1. Had "updating GPS message" at approx 5pm the June 22nd while driving to lunch.

2. Upon message, pressed OK after it was done.

3. Got the message again after a few minutes and did the same but pulled the GTM 20 unit from the 12v

4. Got no GPS signal multiple times & pulled the GTM 20 to correct.

5. Reflashed v3.40 & did a hard reset (press & hold bottom-left corner of screen while powering unit on)

6. After update, checked unit which seemed OK

7. Backdated to v2.50 & renamed x:/Garmin/RemoteSW/006B073300.GCD & x:/Garmin/RemoteSW/006B073300.bin

8. Ran unit for a few minutes which seemed OK

9. Reflashed v3.40 & left files renamed

10. Got a message on the GPS stating that my maps were outdated and needed to be updated...I currently already have the most recent 2010.10 maps.

Since then, I have had no issues. Just an FYI...

EDIT:

Came back from lunch a few minutes ago (4:10pm). No visible issues with unit and brought it into the office. Tried to power unit on from battery. Unit did NOT respond. Tried again, no good. Tried holding the power switch to the ON position for five or so seconds. Unit powered on normally.
  • tspyrison 0 Points
    Add me to the list.

785, did some update while I was on the way home, then couldn't lock on satellites, Then just quit and will not turn on at all now

3 months old..

On the phone now, on hold, waiting for garmin support

Anyone know what they replace for these refurbished units?
  • magnetik 0 Points
    Anyone with a "V8" software receiver experienced this issue yet?

Perhaps that's the difference here, as mine is still working as of yet...

Steve
    Just purchased mine yesterday and then saw this thread.. kinda scary. I am on V8 and haven't had a problem yet turning my device on or locking satellites.
  • dentalrepdentalrep 0 Points
    Well my 765t did an update while connected to an MSN receiver and is now dead. Called Garmin and they are sending me a new unit. Of course, I haven't backed up my favorites lately. I am an idiot!
  • mogulman 0 Points
    Someone posted this on another forum. Not sure if it helps if your device isn't starting up:

Question: Why does my nüvi 7x5 series unit not power on?
    Answer:

If your unit is not acquiring satellites, you can perform a master reset by doing the following:

Note: A master reset will erase all waypoints or favorites and will restore your unit to the default factory settings.

Follow the steps below to perform a master reset on the nuvi 7x5 series:

1. Turn the device OFF
    2. Place your fingertip or the eraser end of a pencil in the bottom right corner of the touchscreen
    3. While pressing down on the screen, power ON the unit and continue pressing on the screen. A message displays to confirm if you really want to delete all user data?
    4. Touch Yes.
    5. The unit will now restart.
    6. Follow the onscreen prompts to set up the nuvi.
    7. Once the reset is complete, please place your unit in an area with clear view of the sky until it acquires satellites.
  • crispynz1 0 Points
    edited June 2009
    :D
  • SergZak 340 Points
    This was recently posted on the Garmin support website:
    Source: http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/site/us/support/

Question: Why does my nüvi 7x5 series unit not power on?

Answer: It has come to our attention that firmware version 3.4 for the Garmin nüvi 7x5 series has an error that is causing the device to perform an unprompted GPS software update and then shut down. Garmin is aware of this issue and we are working diligently on a solution. We know our customers rely upon their GPS device and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Developing quality products always has been and continues to be a priority at Garmin. For regular updates about this issue, please revist this article at www.garmin.com/support.
  • mrhct 0 Points
    My 765 was displaying all the above symptoms yesterday. Did the file renameing and all seemed ok for awhile. Today I got the message my 2010 map was over a year old. Shortly after that it powered off and has yet to turn back on. Was on hold with support for over an hour when I got disconnected.
  • hcdouglas 0 Points
    Well, I have come to this conclusion. I have a new 785T being overnighted to me from Garmin and I will receive it tomorrow. I am not going to take it out of the box or turn it on until I see an official fix from Garmin. I have only owned it for 7 days and I really wanted to use it on a trip with my wife and kids to Washington, DC on Thursday, but I am not taking any chances. I hope this issue is resolved quick.

When I spoke to the great customer service rep earlier they were hinting it may be a chipset problem, but from the looks of what was posted on their site tonight it seems to be a version 3.40 problem.
  • greeby 0 Points
    This problem started for me yesterday (Monday) on the way home from work on my 785T. I was at software rev 3.30.

I came home and updated to 3.40 and it did not fix the problem. It's not a 3.40 only problem as I had it with 3.30.

I left work today to drive a guy from downtown Baltimore to BWI (10 miles) and I had to turn off the GPS no less that 5 times in 25 minutes to make it to the airport.

I reset it again when I got the the airport and it was fine for my 50 minute drive home.

Go figure.
  • bwcw 0 Points
    I have a Nuvi 785T with 3.4 software V7 and I have not experienced the problems everyone else is having. The last time I updated this was several weeks ago. I bought my unit in December 2008. I used it today and no problems. Why are some having problems and some are not?
  • My Version 8 765T worked fine this afternoon when we went out to eat...

I will say when I saw Serg's post early this morning I did rename those two files nd can't say if it is just my unit or the file rename, but either way, I've dodged the bullet so far :shock:
  • SergZak 340 Points
    An update:

On my way home from work (a 10 minute drive), the unit (still running v3.40) lost GPS reception four times. When the unit is in this state, the GPS firmware version is at 0.0. A simple power cycle slide of the switch did nothing. To clear the issue and to regain sat reception, I needed to perform one of the following:

a. Remove & reinsert the unit into the cradle
    b. Unplug GTM 20 (12v power), then plug it back in
    c. Reset the unit while on the cradle (still powered by 12v) by sliding & holding the power switch to the ON position for approx. 5-10 seconds

The unit is now unreliable but still works & at least the GPS chipset is not doing it's false update, maybe due to the file renaming I mentioned.

My last test to verify that it's indeed the firmware is to backdate to v2.50 which is the last bug-free version that I've used. I will report my findings if v2.50 resolves the issue.

Stay tuned...
  • tvanpool 181 Points
    FYI
    I have a 765T that was purchased at Best Buy one week ago but has not been powered on for the last two days. All software updated the day I got it using Web Updater. After noticing this thread today I turned it on the see what would happen.if it fails it goes back to BB ASAP. Powered it up at 9pm CT today and all seems fine after about two hours. Tried a couple of short routes around the neighborhood and it seems to function as well as ever. I will keep it powered up for a couple of days or until it fails and see what happens.

This, after returning two 265T's to Costco because both would lose the audio and bluetooth when they got hot. Not hot setting in a closed, idle vehicle but while driving with the unit setting on the dash and in use. Sure doesn't give me a warm fuzzy about Garmin products.
  • SergZak 340 Points
    edited June 2009
    Another update:

I have backdated to v2.50 and the unit seems to be holding sat lock very well with no total loss of reception as with v3.40. I have NOT yet driven with the unit so I cannot say for certain if this fixes the issue. I have only run on my test bed indoors so far (yes, I get fine reception indoors). It does -seem- like it did though.

Another point I thought I'd make...I am currently running firmware v2.50. Running WebUpdater under v2.50 informs me that NO additional firmware update is available. This tells me that Garmin did the right thing and pulled the firmware so WebUpdater would not detect/install v3.40. As far as the other versions go, I do not know since I'm staying at v2.50 and don't feel like screwing with this any longer. I DO have direct links to all firmware updates (in region file format) and they are all still live. It's only the firmware supplied when running WebUpdater that has been disabled. This is a good thing and I expected Garmin would do this to prevent further damage to replacement units that are sent out.

EDIT: myDashboard from myGarmin.com has also disabled firmware updates as well as WebUpdater.

Now we wait for the fix...some are lucky and wait with a still operable unit (I'm lucky) and some wait for a replacement unit as well as a firmware fix.
  • crispynz1 0 Points
    Another update:

I have backdated to v2.50 and the unit seems to be holding sat lock very well with no total loss of reception as with v3.40. I have NOT yet driven with the unit so I cannot say for certain if this fixes the issue. I have only run on my test bed indoors so far (yes, I get fine reception indoors). It does -seem- like it did though.

Another point I thought I'd make...I am currently running firmware v2.50. Running WebUpdater under v2.50 informs me that NO additional firmware update is available. This tells me that Garmin did the right thing and pulled the firmware so WebUpdater would not detect/install v3.40. As far as the other versions go, I do not know since I'm staying at v2.50 and don't feel like screwing with this any longer. I DO have direct links to all firmware updates (in region file format) and they are all still live. It's only the firmware supplied when running WebUpdater that has been disabled. This is a good thing and I expected Garmin would do this to prevent further damage to replacement units that are sent out.

EDIT: myDashboard from myGarmin.com also has v3.40 (I don't know how far under that) disabled.

Now we wait for the fix...some are lucky and wait with a still operable unit (I'm lucky) and some wait for a replacement unit as well as a firmware fix.

Where can I download the V2.5?
  • alan sh 0 Points
    Mine died completely last night after being on for around 3 hours (sat in a windowledge with a route planned). It was plugged into a USB power socket - but not plugged into the car mount.

When I wake up (it's 7:15 am here) I will see if I can resurrect it in the car using the procedures outlined above

Alan
  • kimb0lene 0 Points
    I just got off the phone to UK Support. Was on hold for around 12 minutes before speaking to someone. Unusually high call volumes, according to the recorded message.

Support person said the "QA" folk were looking into it and were hoping to fix via software update. I asked support person how that would work on my dead 765T and they didn't know. Took my email address and said they'd get back to me.
  • SergZak 340 Points
    Update:

Backdating to v2.50 does NOT fix the issue.
    EDIT 1: I may have been wrong...see EDIT 2 below.

I drove in to work (10 minute drive) running firmware v2.50 and the unit is *still* losing total sat lock within 2-3 minutes of movement. I lost sat lock 2-3 times in the 10 minute drive. On the test bed in the house with good GPS signal strength and no movement, the unit is fine. Seems as though actual movement is what triggers the total sat lock loss issue.

This now leads me to believe that the issue is not solely related to the v3.40 firmware but to the GPS chipset firmware (which was being "updated" for everyone) or the v3.4 firmware borking the GPS chipset firmware. This thing is useless now if I have to keep power-cycling the unit every two-three minutes.

It's a good thing I have my 760 as a backup. Garmin has a BIG problem on their hands here with theoretically ALL 7x5 series users being affected.

EDIT 2:

Grasping at straws, I did a "clear all user data" (press & hold bottom-right corner of screen while powering unit on) still running firmware v2.50 and went for a 30 minute drive, just roaming around town waiting to see how long it took for the sats signal to take a dump...well, the unit was rock solid throughout. I even removed the unit from the cradle once, then reinstalled it & powered on with zero issues.

It may be a solution, it may not be. Since I drive only 10 minutes to work each way, I have to do extra drive time to test. Drive-time will tell.
  • alan sh 0 Points
    Update from me. I've taken it back to the store and got a TomTom instead.

Alan
  • macpap 0 Points
    My 765T died yesterday 23rd June 2009 in Athens Greece. Same story satellite loss saying "GPS Update Complete" while driving then it went dead (may it rest in peace lol). My cousins In Germany and those of a dozen other friends (not all 765Ts) did too. It seams that the "millenium bug" did hit with a delay of 9 years for Garmin.
    Looking for a solution I realized that this problem is global and most likely can only be solved by sending the units back to Garmin. The most annoying part however is that Garmin playing it cool by issuing this very politically correct statement "...Garmin is aware of this issue and we are working diligently on a solution..." as if it is something trivial. I guess they are calculating how many millions this will cost them to replace all those units rendered useless by their fault. Including all the customers they'll loose if going to charge for replacement. And all those they will loose just by them reading all this mess they have created...
  • gpz1100 83 Points
    Running the taiwan firmware (v2.50) on my 765T (US version of the device). Did install the updates about a week ago, including the chipset update. No issues here. I did rename those 2 files just in case.
  • jordanal 96 Points
    Does anyone else whos 7x5 units still power up, indicate GPS version 0.00? SergZak, did your unit inidcate this corrupt version and then come up to a proper version after backdating the firmware to v2.5 and performing a hard-reset?
  • magnetik 0 Points
    So is it safe to use our units today if they are still working and garmin updates are turned off? I bought my 765T a couple days ago to use today. ugh.
  • Joost 0 Points
    I am from Belgium and it all happened to me and my 765T too... :evil:

Here it slowly starts to become aware at Garmin. Bugger!
  • Sadly my 765t checked out yesterday around 3pm. I called and got an RMA for the new unit (my was not 60 days old), later I received this e-mail erply from garmin support

Dear (my name here)

Thank you for contacting Garmin International.

I'll be happy to help you with this. We will be releasing a software update on June 24th (today) to address the issue if your unit will still enter mass storage modewhen connected to a computer please run this update when it is released. This will disable the hotfix feature on the unit which means that for the time being until we can isolate the issue that we are having it will take a longer time for your unit to acquire satellites. If you are not using the unit I would recommend connecting it to your computer and leaving connected until you can update the software. If the unit goes into an unrecoverable state( it wont turn on) the unit will have to be sent in for repair

With Best Regards,

Product Support
    Automotive Team
    Garmin International
    913-397-8200
    800-800-1020
    913-440-8280 (fax)
    www.garmin.com
  • It's pretty sad that the designers have managed to make the latest generation of electronic gadgets so complex that they themselves obviously don't fully understand them and can't even control them once they're in the hands of customers. I'd consider it likely that a rushed-out "fix" for this problem will result in some new issue that won't show up immediately either.

I'm tempted to go down to the local AAA office and see if they still have paper maps...
  • efranzen 0 Points
    My 765t is still working, kindof.

When I got to work and removed it from the cradle, I got a message that the battery was low. I thought that was odd because I never use it on battery power. I thought maybe when I stuck it in the glovebox yesterday that I must have accidentally turned the power on and it drained overnight. I've had it charging on a PC for 5 hours now and I still get a battery low message when attempting to turn it on.

I'm on software version 3.4
  • HansYupp 0 Points
    Mine gave the update message this morning. Pressed OK and it couldn’t connect to satellites. Power off and back on. It worked for a few minutes and then powered off. Now it won't power on at all.

Wait time on phone is too long, so I sent email to support.
  • ms1951 0 Points
    Garmin's suggestion of "If you are not using the unit I would recommend connecting it to your computer and leaving connected until you can update the software." may not be valid.

I had my 755T plugged in, mounted on my computer and the USB Mass Storage screen displayed on the unit when I got an "OK to Update" message and then the unit went dead.
  • I'm having the same issue as everyone here is reporting. I'm at work right now so I can't really sit on the phone for 30min+ but I do have a question regarding this situation.

Garmin really expects the customer to foot the shipping bill only to receive a refurbished unit? I for one think this is completely unacceptable as my unit was in pristine condition until last night when it bricked. I believe we should be given new devices or refunded for the purchase price. If I wanted a refurbished unit I would have bought one to begin with...

*angry fist* at Garmin, will be calling their tech support as soon as I get off work.
    I agree, the replacement unit should not be a refurb. I keep my unit in pristine condition, I do not want a refurb unit wit all the scratches and what not. I hate the fact that now I have to send my unit in simply because some idiot at Garmin did not do his job right and did not test the firmware thoroughly. Had the unit malfunctioned due to my abuse or neglect and thus I have to pay shipping and end up getting a refurb, I would not feel so bad since I would be at fault but in this case, I think they need to step up and replace the dead units with new ones.
  • hcdouglas 0 Points
    I received my new 785T this morning from Garmin.

My diagnostic screen says on this one:

SW 2.30 nuvi 785T V7 4GB P1 S3 330MHz

I am not doing anything to this unit until Garmin comes out with a fix.
  • I'm having the same issue as everyone here is reporting. I'm at work right now so I can't really sit on the phone for 30min+ but I do have a question regarding this situation.

Garmin really expects the customer to foot the shipping bill only to receive a refurbished unit? I for one think this is completely unacceptable as my unit was in pristine condition until last night when it bricked. I believe we should be given new devices or refunded for the purchase price. If I wanted a refurbished unit I would have bought one to begin with...

*angry fist* at Garmin, will be calling their tech support as soon as I get off work.

I agree, the replacement unit should not be a refurb. I keep my unit in pristine condition, I do not want a refurb unit wit all the scratches and what not. I hate the fact that now I have to send my unit in simply because some idiot at Garmin did not do his job right and did not test the firmware thoroughly. Had the unit malfunctioned due to my abuse or neglect and thus I have to pay shipping and end up getting a refurb, I would not feel so bad since I would be at fault but in this case, I think they need to step up and replace the dead units with new ones.
    Unfortunately, you all "preaching to the quire". All of us here agree that this policy BLOWS. If some one spent over $300 on GPS 90 days ago and now will receive someone else broken unit, that person should be rightfully mad. My suggestion, talk to some one higher up and raise hell, because 1st level support reps just read the provided script.
  • Right about now the tech folks at Garmin are running around trying to figure out how to fix the problem.

The executives at Garmin right about now should be working on spreadsheets to figure out how much it will cost to send everyone who has a defective unit a brand new unit at no charge so as to turn those customers into happy customers and to avoid very bad publicity and its costs, compared to the cost of defending multiple lawsuits and possible class action lawsuits.

Let's give them some time (72 hours, one week?) and see what each group at Garmin comes up with.
    I agree, lets give them some time to figure things out. BUT at the end of the day, do what is necessary and right, take the high road and make sure your customer is happy and he/she will come back.
    I took my Macbook to Apple store for a repair, it was a known problem with that model, the case cracks after some time, in my case it took more than a year for it to happen, simply because I don't abuse my stuff, when I looked up on the web I found out about the problem. When I went there, even though my warranty was up, they covered the repairs and gave it back to me in one hour. Now that is what I call customer service, I have admire that and tip my hat, I will go back there. Oh BTW, while I was waiting for my macbook, several employees came up and asked if I had been helped, they did not just ignore me sitting there waiting, nicely done if you ask me.
  • Before Garmin I owned a Mio and TomTom nav units. I have read several reviews before purchasing them. In all of the reviews they were compared to Garmin units. Garmin units always out performed the other navigation systems including Mio and TomTom. So finally I decided to spend the money for the good navigation system and bought me a Garmin 765t. Two month later...

Well you know the story.

P.S. I owned Mio and TomTom about a year each and during that time not once I have experience issues like this.
  • Tim 1480 Points
    Most refurbished devices are not someone else's broken device. Most are returns, open box items, etc. If a device was broken and repaired, it typically cannot be called a "refurbished" device and is called a "remanufactured" device.

When coming off the assembly line, most "first" devices only go through an automated test script. Refurbished devices on the other hand are inspected by a human and go through more rigorous testing.

I've seen reports that show refurbished devices have a lower failure rate than "first quality" devices. This matches what I've seen anecdotally from users. I see many reports of DOA devices that are factory first, but I hardly ever hear of any hardware/software issues with refurbs.

Don't get me wrong-- if you purchased the device within the past 30/60 days then I'd hope/expect that you would get a "factory first" device. But I don't agree that refurbs are somehow of lesser quality.
  • Most refurbished devices are not someone else's broken device. Most are returns, open box items, etc. If a device was broken and repaired, it typically cannot be called a "refurbished" device and is called a "remanufactured" device.

When coming off the assembly line, most "first" devices only go through an automated test script. Refurbished devices on the other hand are inspected by a human and go through more rigorous testing.

I've seen reports that show refurbished devices have a lower failure rate than "first quality" devices. This matches what I've seen anecdotally from users. I see many reports of DOA devices that are factory first, but I hardly ever hear of any hardware/software issues with refurbs.

Don't get me wrong-- if you purchased the device within the past 30/60 days then I'd hope/expect that you would get a "factory first" device. But I don't agree that refurbs are somehow of lesser quality.
    So what you are saying is that every brick that will be returned right now will be a remanufactured device. Do you think Garmin will distinguish between the refurbished and remanufactured units?
  • hcdouglas 0 Points
    Do I want my 785T fixed like yesterday, sure! I only owned mine for 7 days.

But... I owned the first StreetPilot Garmin made, no problems. Then the StreetPilot 2610 for 5 years, no problems. I own a Nuvi 680 still, no problems. I own a 60CSx, no problems. So I can deal with Garmin gettng a fix out and getting this all behind us and moving on. I did cross ship my unit and pay for another and have it overnight shipped and I got it this morning, because I wanted it for a trip to Washington, DC tomorrow with my family. So I am hoping a fix comes in today or tonight. If not there are bigger problems in the world. I will use my Nuvi 680 tomorrow.

I own a business and even though I dont sell or manufacture a product, things go wrong, we are all human. Then issues get fixed. People will be upset, but it all works out in the end.

I am in NO WAY affiliated with Garmin, I just love their products.

Give Garmin a chance ...