Route 66 mini

ahti 0 Points
hi
kinda noob with this so bare with me.

GPS in question - Route 66 mini
my father inlaw bought one online, it doesn't have a europe map on it, don't want to spend 100 € on a map. SO searching away in the dephts of google I was and I stubled on this link [link removed] , it took a good while to download the map, but evetually I got the file.

when I put it on a SD card to the maps folder, GPS device recognized the map, but says it's locked. Is there a way to unlock it?

Comments

• Boyd 1332 Points
    I don't know what that site is, but it's probably an illegal copy of a commercial product. That sort of thing can't be discussed here.
  • Tim 1291 Points
    when I put it on a SD card to the maps folder, GPS device recognized the map, but says it's locked. Is there a way to unlock it?
    Yes, by purchasing a license to use the map.
  • ahti 0 Points
    Yes, by purchasing a license to use the map.
    maybe you can point me in the right direction then.
    on their store they just have the whole packet with gps device and all that.
    https://secure.66.com//shop/index.php?cid=EE

I just want the map
  • dhn 201 Points
    At that link, I see two apparent choices just for a map: Europe on DVD or Eastern Europe on a CD.
  • ahti 0 Points
    At that link, I see two apparent choices just for a map: Europe on DVD or Eastern Europe on a CD.
    they are software products, what mean that they are installeble on mobile devices such as PDA's and smartphones
    and no, they are not compatible
  • Tim 1291 Points
    Sounds like you will need to ask the company how to properly purchase and acquire their maps.
  • patruns 10 Points
    Did you download and install the Route 66 sync software first and then look to see what is available for your unit?

http://www.66.com/route66/index.php?act=1&cid=UK
  • hi folk, newbie here,
    i have a gps sat nav with Europe maps on it.
    due to a change in the law in France, i want to disable the fixed speed camera programme.
    the french police can now take your gear and fine you up to 1500€ if found with this programme.
    any one know how to disable it, or format the SD card so I can re install without camera warnings?
    i am running Route 66

cheers rodders 8)