This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Auto Sort Multiple Destinations

jamescharleen28 0 Points
edited November -1 in GPS Recommendations
I have been to Best Buy twice now. And each time they have sold me a GPS that doesn't have what I want. I need a unit that offers "auto sort multiple destinations" and I can't figure out which ones offer it. I'd like to be able to download extras from the web too, but that isn't as important. Could someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks so much!

Comments

• Tim 1480 Points
    You probably want route optimization not route sorting, but the store wouldn't likely know the difference anyway.

You probably want something in the Garmin Nuvi 700 series which will optimize a route.
  • Boyd 1985 Points
    You can tell which Garmin models have this on their site:

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=134

In the specs tab for any model, note the feature "Auto sort multiple destinations". You can select multiple models using the check boxes at the link above and click the compare button, then scroll down to see if they have this feature.

After two times seeking advice from Best Buy staff, what conclusion can you draw? :lol:
  • Thanks so much. I believe I am going to go with the Nuvi 755T.

And as for Best Buy...if they don't have what I want, they better not charge me a restocking fee! Since they are the ones that recommended the wrong item TWICE!
  • anisewon 0 Points
    What would be a good current model for route optimization? I cannot seem to find up to date info on this
  • sussamb 813 Points
    edited April 2014
    Most of the latest nuvis allow route optimization. Additionally so will the next version (4.3) of Garmin's Basecamp program.