This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

New (refurb.) Navigon 7100 & Questions

Catbird 0 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
Background:
My first GPS was a Garmin 2610 StreetPilot (now sold) that I bought new several years ago. I then bought a Garmin Nuvi 650 and a Garmin Nuvi 350 a few months later to use in a couple of different family vehicles. I recently took advantage of newegg.com's refurb. TomTom 130 sale and bought one for my daughter and one for my wife.

A week or so ago, I bought a refurb. Navigon 7100 ($112.50 w/ free shipping) primarily because I was intrigued by the "Reality View" and "Free Lifetime Traffic" features.

Question:
While I like the Navigon, it seems to be lacking in certain areas...
1. Only one TTS voice (female); that voice is okay, but I'd like some choices.
2. Other than the green arrow, I seen no provision for changing vehicle icons.
3. The maps on my device are primarily all-white on white with black road outlines and small black font street names with not much contrast. There doesn't appear to be a way to choose map colors or fonts that are more readable and/or pleasing to the eye.

Without getting into the modification of code, is there a way to customize some of the 7100 features to suit my personal preferences or am I stuck with it "as is"?