This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Q3 2009 Freshmaps will be out when?

solort 0 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
Anyone seen any Q3 maps or heard when they will be released to Freshmaps owners?

Comments

• Tim 1480 Points
    Q2 came out around May 21/22, so the second half of August would seem likely.
  • The information provided below comes directly from Navigon Customer Supports website: http://support.navigonusa.com/support/

When in general can I expect to be notified that a new release is available? What’s the schedule for releasing NAVIGON FreshMap updates going forward?

NAVIGON FreshMaps generally will be made available first month of any given quarter, i.e. January, April, July, October. Registered users will be notified by email when a new map update is available.

I N F O:
    I talked with a Navigon, Inc. Rep today in reference to the Navigon 2009-Q3 FreshMap updates. Asking him, when would the PND updates become available? With a slight hesitation in his voice, he responded. . . “In about 2 weeks”.
  • zekec 0 Points
    Thanks for sharing INFO...
    I hope he at least had the decency to apologize on behalf of the company.
  • That slight hesitation probably means 4 weeks. :lol:
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    .... or, I'll tell you what you want to hear because you don't know where I live. :lol:
  • marcel 0 Points
    Anyone has news about this update?
  • I just checked Navigon web site. US and Canada are gone from the list of countries you can select. You know what it means? We cannot count on any help from them any more. No more Qx Map updates. Sorry.
  • One more thing.
    My Navigon account is gone too. This is the end.
  • Tim 1480 Points
    I can't get any of the Navigon sites... North America, International, etc on any of their domains to come up right now.
  • Are you logging on to this site?

http://www.navigon.com/site/us/en

I just did and my account is still there/active. (of course, there's still no Q3 update...) :shock:
  • I'm not sure if this means anything or not but yesterday I tried to get on their "map reporter" page and it's now gone. Instead a page came up showing off their latest GPS models, which of course aren't for sale in the states. It's a shame too, because I really like what they're coming out with. I'm not sure if it's significant in any way that they removed the map reporter from their site, unless they just moved it somewhere else on the site.
  • Yes, you are correct. Instead of using http://www.navigon.com/site/us/en/ I checked http://www.navigon.com and there was now link to NA web site.

thanks
  • Yes, you are correct. Instead of using http://www.navigon.com/site/us/en/ I checked http://www.navigon.com and there was now link to NA web site.

thanks
    There's still a pulse! :o

(*phew!*) For a minute there, I thought my unit was obsolete!...oh, uh, you mean they don't sell the 8100T any more? Nor support it? (*DOH!*)

I think I'm spelling my next GPS G-A-R-M-I-N!
  • grumble - grumble

Still no FreshMap update. :evil:
  • MTurbo 91 Points
    I sent a email to Navigon asking where is the released of the Q3 maps as it well overdue.

I asked am I to expect future map released will be delayed and if so I will return my unit to costco as its less than a year.
  • I sent a email to Navigon asking where is the released of the Q3 maps as it well overdue.

I asked am I to expect future map released will be delayed and if so I will return my unit to costco as its less than a year.
    They told a person above that it would be about 2 weeks. That was over 4 weeks ago now......and counting.
  • MTurbo 91 Points
    edited November 2009
    I wonder will navigon fix the 3D view since the last firmware update it does not work properly.

Now they have a product that they updated and it does not perform as stated 3D city views?

Will give it another 2 weeks if there is no fresh maps by US Thanksgiving weekend I will return it to Costco and buy a garmin 755T they have on sale.
  • Folks, I feel like we are being shammed. Navigon has strategically setup their web page, making it default to the USA page. If you don’t believe me, then try searching for their sites in other countries and it will default back to the USA site. Also, check out the link below and you will discover that the Q4/2009 Maps are available. But there’s only one problem, not in the USA. :evil:

http://www.navigon.com/portal/int/shop/addons/produkt.html?produktFamilieId=15677&produktId=40314

NAVIGON FreshMaps
    Always the latest maps: because streets are always being changed, NAVIGON has its maps continually updated by experts, and provides you with regular updates. You’ll get the latest map material to download every three months for two years.

One-off payment for 24-month service
    Regular map updates from the experts
    New download notifications
    NAVIGON Release Q4/2009
  • dhn 336 Points
    Actually, using the link you provided, I was sent to the UK site. From there, I could click on 'international' and go to any other site listed.

I suspect because your ip shows the States, that's the site you are sent to. As I'm in Canada and there is no link in 'international', I guess the software sends me to the 'mother country' (ugh! :x ) first.
  • hardwire 181 Points
    I went ahead and registered at the intenational site for MyNavigon... :-) but chickened out for downloading freshmaps to re-register my GPS.. :roll:
  • So there's a Q4 2009 map in Europe and we don't even have the Q3 yet here in the states? Something fishy about this for sure.
  • Just for poos and giggles, I clicked on my old "My Navigon" link and it's dead.

Suckage for all the Navigon loyalists. I would have loved the chance to buy one of the newer units. Pretty sweet!
  • MTurbo 91 Points
    What's so fustrating is that Navigon USA has no contact phone numbers listed anymore to call for questions.

Enough of this I will return my unit to Costco. The deal is when you are a vendor and you sell to Costco if any product is returned within a year the manufacture takes it back.

This way I know costco will not be out $$ but Navigon. Too bad as I liked the 7200T but with no support thats a rip. :evil:

Wonder if they can get class action suit on how they sell a 2 year fresh maps update and not deliver. Did Navigon take the people fresh map money and left them hanging high?

Is that not fraud as Navigon still has a office in Chicago and operating, I think.

I must be unlucky I buy a HP and they pull out, buy a Navigon and they pull out too.

Im buying a garmin. :)
  • alanb 539 Points
    I must be unlucky I buy a HP and they pull out, buy a Navigon and they pull out too. Im buying a garmin. :)
    A nuviphone by chance? Will you be the one to put the "kiss of death" on that product?:lol:
  • I think we can forget any updates.
  • Wade 81 Points
    I'm having serious doubts on any new updates ever coming out too. I'm really beginning to regret spending the $80 on the updates card right when Navigon pulled out of the US market.

I've been starting to eye a Garmin product now... I think the 1390T has many features that duplicate what I love about my Navigon 2100 Max...
  • I'm having serious doubts on any new updates ever coming out too. I'm really beginning to regret spending the $80 on the updates card right when Navigon pulled out of the US market.

I've been starting to eye a Garmin product now... I think the 1390T has many features that duplicate what I love about my Navigon 2100 Max...
    It may be worth looking at any unit running Nav N go's iGO8 software, also. You can get some skins for iGO8 (like diMka and variants) which provide a LOT of nice features, including 3D terrain and buildings, speed limit alerts, etc. I don't know how common that software is preinstalled on GPS units, though...
  • zekec 0 Points
    I'm guessing it's functionally dead but technically they'll toss us an update only to the extent that is required to meet any outstanding contractual obligations.

They want to keep the money they are withholding but have not earned,
    so I'm guessing you will see something someday... but it will not be what you expected, wanted or deserve.

I feel that any moral obligations to their customers were abandoned some time ago.
  • Chaz 0 Points
    Yes, for all intents and purposes, freshmaps is effectively dead in the U.S.

Navigon perhaps will toss us a mostly useless update here and there, merely to avoid a class-action suit.

You are absolutely correct about their abandonment of moral obligations. I, for one, will avoid their products and that includes their bundled offerings with companies, such as Apple Computer. I have already notified Apple of my intentions and hope that enough U.S. customers who have been screwed by Navigon will do the same.

Freezing them out of the U.S. market for add-ons and bundled apps and whatever, is the best way to let them know that rape can be costly.
  • gatorguy 326 Points
    Don't give up hope completely yet folks. You may yet see a map update by the end of this month. Very late, yes, but better than nothing.
  • K8TEK 0 Points
    I want my updates.
  • I owned both a Navigon 2100 (bought at full retail price at Fry's in Chicago a couple years ago, when it was a brand new product), and a 2100 Max I got more recently from NewEgg.

I bought Freshmaps for the 2100, but by the time I tried to get it for the Max, discovered nobody sells the Freshmaps update cards anymore.

Well, now, someone decided to smash in my truck window and steal my 2100 -- so I'm stuck with maps updates left over for a unit I don't even own, and can't seem to transfer them to the 2100 Max I need them on.

Sure doesn't sound like Navigon is going to be real helpful though, given their interest in pulling out of GPS support in the USA. :(

It'd sure be nice though if they did release SOMETHING new, soon, so I can at least play around with the data file and see if I can cook up a custom configuration that would make my 2100 Max use the updated maps.... Seems doable since both units are so similar.
    Don't give up hope completely yet folks. You may yet see a map update by the end of this month. Very late, yes, but better than nothing.
  • It'd sure be nice though if they did release SOMETHING new, soon, so I can at least play around with the data file and see if I can cook up a custom configuration that would make my 2100 Max use the updated maps.... Seems doable since both units are so similar.
    I'm pretty sure that lots could be done with these units since they run Windows CE.

There's been little talk (allowed) here, since it apparently violates the agreement you make with Navigon by purchasing their product . . . I wonder if that will change as people realize that Navigon has abandoned us, probably voiding any "agreeement"???
  • Wade 81 Points
    If I knew of software that would work on my Navigon 2100 MAX, have new maps, have all the features I like of the 2100 (Traffic, Lane assist, Junction View, and multi-point trip), then I wouldn't hesitate to get it.

Of course, if some other software package would cost more than getting, let's say, a Garmin 1390T (similar features of the 2100Max, missing multipoint nav), then it would be a waste of time.
  • Don't give up hope completely yet folks. You may yet see a map update by the end of this month. Very late, yes, but better than nothing.
    December 1st and nothing?
  • gatorguy 326 Points
    You're right. I hadn't paid attention lately and can't recall seeing another "message from Navigon" on the subject. I'll see if I can look around.
  • Wade 81 Points
    Let's see... They've had the one update since they pulled out of the North American market. I'd say that we'll see one more update, next year. Then they'll figure that they've legally fulfilled their 2 year agreement for updates.
  • Let's see... They've had the one update since they pulled out of the North American market. I'd say that we'll see one more update, next year. Then they'll figure that they've legally fulfilled their 2 year agreement for updates.
    Some of us paid for 3 years worth of updates! :evil:
  • Chaz 0 Points
    Yes, I paid for 3 years and now expect to get none or perhaps a few perfunctory updates that might be more harmful than beneficial. Navigon map data is the weak point of what they offer ... or perhaps it's their route calculation algorithms. In any case, their products are very lacking.

Navigon has really screwed the U.S. market and I hope that their efforts with Apple add-on products get the response that they deserve.

Let iPhone owners know about the lack of customer support by Navigon!
  • Yes, I paid for 3 years and now expect to get none or perhaps a few perfunctory updates that might be more harmful than beneficial. Navigon map data is the weak point of what they offer ... or perhaps it's their route calculation algorithms. In any case, their products are very lacking.

Navigon has really screwed the U.S. market and I hope that their efforts with Apple add-on products get the response that they deserve.

Let iPhone owners know about the lack of customer support by Navigon!
    Not for nothing, but though I do agree that Navigon is toast in the US market (for now), their products offered many innovations and performance was pretty good on their higher end units. So my question would be, if you feel the way you do about their products (bad maps, bad routing, and overall "very lacking"), then why would you buy one, let alone purchase a 3 year map update?? :shock:
  • I second that thunder lizard. why did he buy

• Not for nothing, but though I do agree that Navigon is toast in the US market (for now), their products offered many innovations and performance was pretty good on their higher end units. So my question would be, if you feel the way you do about their products (bad maps, bad routing, and overall "very lacking"), then why would you buy one, let alone purchase a 3 year map update?? :shock:
    I know you didn't ask ME . . . but had to respond anyways . . .

I liked Navigon . . . Reality View seemed perfect for my parents who are getting older but still like to travel. I bought my 5100 first to check out Navigon (my first GPS was a pre-autrorouting Garmin StreetPilot ColorMap). Free lifetime traffic was a bonus. I then bought 3 years of map updates. I convinced them (my parents and later my sister) to each buy a 7100. I bought another 5100 for my girlfriend. I was getting ready to help my girlfriend get another one for her daughter.

Then NaviGONE pulled the plug!

Their behavior is inexcusable! :shock:

NEVER is a long time, but I seriously doubt that Navigon will ever get any more of my money.

I go out of my way to tell others to stay away from Navigon. Shame on them!
  • I agree completely that Navigon's "vaporization" in the states is reprehensible. To just disappear, without offering some kind of restitution for those who have invested in their products, particularly through the purchase of map updates, is inexcusable, considering that they are still in business and going strong in Europe.

Yet...I believe we have to keep some things in perspective:

-Their features were innovative (Reality View was awesome and showed up everywhere, even on secondary roads! As did Advanced Lane Guidance)

-The screen had lots of customizable data options

-Zagat ratings were pretty slick for someone who travels and wants to find a good place to eat while en route

-3-D Terrain View was really sweet to look at while driving through the mountains, and really did help when approaching a turn around a mountain bend or over a hill.

-The screen image was the most lifelike (in my opinion) out of any of the GPS units currently on the market

- They were the first with free traffic, with no advertisements, and it was Clear Channel to boot, which is superior to Navteq in coverage and timeliness

- They offered a 4.7" screen when nobody else was pushing that.

- Voice recognition for $100-$200 less than their competitors were offering at the time.

-Finally, their "Lifetime" map update could be had for under $50! (paid $40 for mine and got 3 updates before they went *poof*!) That's considerably less than a single purchase update from the other players.

So, if anyone bought a Lifetime update and received at least one map update, $$ wise, you're still ahead of the game compared to what that same update would have cost from another GPS company.

As I mentioned, considering that they are still going strong in Europe, there is no foreseeable reason why they cannot support their current obligations in the states, so shame on them for playing "ostrich". I'm just pointing out that they had a heck of a product with many cost saving and innovative features that swayed folks like me to choose them.

I just get a little dismayed when people try to rewrite history and try to say that everything about them stunk. As for me, the only thing that really stinks about them is their business ethics (which would keep me from buying their products again), but as for their products, I think they're pretty sweet!

JMHO (well maybe not quite so humble - sorry!) :P
  • Hello,

What is the most recent version os the maps for Model 2100 ?

Thanks.
  • Wade 81 Points
    I agree with you ThunderLizzard. I really do love the features of my 2100 MAX. I bought mine refurbished for $100, and the closest in features to it at the time was going for $399 or more!

After finding out that Reality or Junction view as it's called on other devices isn't anywhere as robust as it is on my now "defunct" 2100 MAX is very disappointing. These other units are still selling for much more than I got my unit for and still lacking in the same functionality.

The only think I'm missing out on on my 2100 MAX is the Zagat. Right when I got my unit, I found a FreshMaps card, but never able to find a place that still had the Zagat card in stock. Then Navigon pulled out... and now it is impossible to upgrade my unit to have the Zagat feature too...

I figure if they do update the Maps soon, I'll be able to "hold out" on getting a replacement unit until sometime in 2011. If we don't get any map update, I may consider shopping for a new unit during next year's Black Friday holiday sales.

The whole reason I went with Navigon as my first unit, was because after doing comparisons, I thought Navigon offered the best features at the best price.

Am I angry at the current condition of the map updates that I paid for? Yes. Am I sorry that I bought the unit? No.
  • Wade i feel the same about wanting the zagat . I found a place that sell the card but the cost was $50 from the one reponse that i got from the forum it wasnt worth having at all.

• The only think I'm missing out on on my 2100 MAX is the Zagat.
    Well I was "fortunate"enough to purchase both the Zagat and the 3 year update- blissfully unaware that I was throwing my money away, so I wouldn't feel too bad, if I were you, Wade. Since I got this as a gift from my wife, we're out our entire investment. I just must have been "lucky" enough to purchase the add-ons before word leaked out to the Internet that their U.S. operation was kaput.

I sure do get tired of companies who take advantage of us seniors (and everyone else, too, of course). I'm telling you, if it wasn't for the "Senior Discount" I"m not sure that getting older would have any real attraction at all....... :lol:

Shame on you Navigon but remember, a LOT of damage can be done to your brand appeal and sales, even all the way over in Europe. I would imagine that there are a lot of folks who will be very uncomfortable about investing further into any Navigon products once they read about how the company handled us Yanks.

Guess I'll have to wait for my $1.25 settlement from whatever Class Action suit is filed.

:evil:

Cheers,
    Stretchr
  • Downloading map updates for my 8100T right now!
    The updates are finally out?

The updates are finally out?
    Yes!...just finished the download/install.