This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Need help with Navman GPS issue please.

#############***Please if this is not the right place move it to there because i dont understand german sorry!!##############********
Ok look I did Format to my GPS from the Pc i entered to "my computer"
and from there i did the format and now i got problem all was deleted except 1 file and my gps not working he shows me when i switch it on he shows me to connect him to the pc by the usb even if his battery is full..
and if you give me something to install please explain me how Thank you all who helps me...
(I know that my english is very law and bad but please try to understand me Thanks)
my language is hebrew if someone speak this language is better but all who knows how to help me so please do it...

Comments

• #############***Please if this is not the right place move it to there because i dont understand german sorry!!##############********
    Ok look I did Format to my GPS from the Pc i entered to "my computer"
    and from there i did the format and now i got problem all was deleted except 1 file and my gps not working he shows me when i switch it on he shows me to connect him to the pc by the usb even if his battery is full..
    and if you give me something to install please explain me how Thank you all who helps me...
    (I know that my english is very law and bad but please try to understand me Thanks)
    my language is hebrew if someone speak this language is better but all who knows how to help me so please do it...
    I'll take a try at this. Did you REformat your GPS via PC? Did you make a backup first?
  • no i only formated i think i removed the vondows and the software can i do something to help my gps live..?
  • dc9mm2 0 Points
    I have to ask. Why in the world did you format the flash drive on your GPS? Especially without first copying the entire flash drive to your computers hard drive first.
    Since you just erased everything on the gps i kinda doubt you will be able to fix it yourself. Sounds like you will have to send it back to garmin but even if its new they "might" want to charge you since you formated the flash drive. Its not like its Garmins fault for your trouble.
  • who is garamin?
    ok i did big mistake but i'm trying to fix it and if you dont help so why you comment here?
    secondly i did it because in other forum someone told me to do that and i just forgot that something bad can happen from this so i did format it without thinking before what i do..
    every do mistakes ok?
    so please try to help me and not to tell me you did this not right because i know what i did so someone can please send me his files from his GPS?
    my Gps's company is NAVMAN...
  • dhn 336 Points
    First of all, you posted in a Garmin forum. That's why the responder asked what he did. Secondly, for someone to use copied files is pretty much illegal. You will have to call Navman support or email them. I will move this thread out of Garmin into the Other GPS Hardware and Software forum where it should have gone.

I'll change the title so hopefully it will catch more attention. It would help if you posted the model you have.

Finally, cool the attitude. Yes, you are frustrated but taking your frustration out on someone who is just trying to help gets you nowhere.
  • I'm sorry and Thank you...
    and i did post and new post in NAVIGATION forum...
    more info:
    Company: NAVMAN
    model: F10
    and its only a GPS not pocketPc with GPS..
    Thanks for all who trying and helping me!
  • Tim 1481 Points
    Navigon is the name of a GPS company, which is different from the GPS company Navman, and different from the english word "navigation" describing what these devices do.

I think the company Navman is the only one who will be able to provide you with the files lost.
  • can you give me the link to contact them with my problem/issue..
  • Tim 1481 Points
    This is their US-based support:
    http://www.navman.com/in-car/3246/6313/6139/
  • Hmm... Tell me can I post another post and ask who got this GPS?
    I mean Navman F10?
    I think this is more helpful..
  • Tim 1481 Points
    You will need to get the files from Navman.
  • but Navman dont got in their site my country and theres couple of thingsn there that i dont know from where to get...
  • Tim 1481 Points
    Then I think you are out of options unless you can take it back to the store you purchased it from.
  • Hmm i did contact Navman and they told me to buy something...
    and if i will tell my parents my mistake they will kill me...
    so how can i fix this problem from here?
    theres the message they sent me..:
    "Dear Danny,
    Thank you for your e-mail,
    to reload the software and maps on to your F25 you will need the F25 Connectivity Kit available from
    http://ukstore.navmanstores.com/Accessories/F15 F25/F15 and F25 Connectivity Kit___569.htm

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.
    Kind regards,
    Greg "
    Please help me!
  • Tim 1481 Points
    I don't think you have any options left.
  • You never saw someone at this popular forum with same kind GPS like mine?
    i dont understand you talk like my GPS almost dead and this is the last medicen in the world...
    i just need files god damn it not to buy their updator i only want help why they cant help to someone bought their GPS?
    ok so can you contact me when you see someone got the same GPS like me(Navman F250 or find something about my problem or the files to download i dont know what to do...
  • dhn 336 Points
    You got your answer........you have to apparently repurchase the map.

It's too bad and it is a hard lesson learned but you formatted your unit for whatever reason without having a backup of your map.

You got asssitance here in that you were provided with the contact information which you utilized to get the response from the company.

Continually ranting here will get you no further ....
  • Tim 1481 Points
    i just need files god damn it not to buy their updator i only want help why they cant help to someone bought their GPS?
    You had a copy of the files for your GPS. You deleted them. They are gone. We are just a forum, we don't make GPS software. It isn't our responsibility to fix your mistake. The company who made your GPS is the only one that can help you, should they desire.
  • ok thanks anyway.