This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Navigon Update with TT and iPod Control?

cryspy102 0 Points
edited November -1 in Smartphone Navigation
Is it true that a new update is announced for Navigon iPhone app with TT, day/night mode and iPod controls on the map?
Has anyone heard about?

Comments

• caryrae 92 Points
    Haven't heard of anything but the Navigon app has had day/night mode.
  • Tim 1481 Points
    Yes, that is true.
  • Is it true that a new update is announced for Navigon iPhone app with TT, day/night mode and iPod controls on the map?
    Has anyone heard about?
    What is TT?
  • Tim 1481 Points
    I assumes he means TTS, text-to-speech.
  • I assumes he means TTS, text-to-speech.
    Oh Ok... duh. I haven't had my morning coffee yet.

TTS would be cool, although I gotta say I have not missed it yet. On a recent trip to europe I loaded european maps onto my Navigon, but the TTS was not working, so I got used to life without. Really its not that big of a deal to me.

I need:
    1. Road Avoidance (select road I don't want to take)
    2. Traffic.

I'd love:
    1. Google maps like "alternate route" shown at the start of navigation. Not the TomTom type of crapshoot alternate route.
  • Thanks Tim,
    I meant TTS with the name for streets.

Is it certain that the tomtom car kid will work with third party apps such as Navigon?

I don't want to miss the sales of Navigon, but at the same time a won't by it if it can't work with the tomtom car kid.

Any news about this?
  • Tim 1481 Points
    Is it certain that the tomtom car kid will work with third party apps such as Navigon?
    It is not certain-- however I'd say it is pretty much confirmed. Of course a app developer might sabotage their own program to make it not work with someone else's mount.
  • I don't know if anyone else has seen this video but I thought I'd include the link since it shows those features.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/navigon/sets/72157622073010798/show/