This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

2120max issue with ver 7.3.2

2120user 0 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
I just downloaded Q2 maps and new 7.3.2 version of the software, 2120
max device, and I encountered some very unpleasant issues.

1. when I enter the following address: Province - ON, City - Ottawa,
Street - Queen St, Number 181 and accept the data to start navigation I
get two messages:

a. 2 possible destinations found. Select your destination.
b. Fatal Application Error:
"Application NAVIGON.EXE has performed an illegal operation and will be
shut down. If the problem persist, contact the program vendor.
Program: NAVIGON.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005
Address: 00D7DDC"

After this message I have to 'Reset' the unit.

2. All previously entered destinations cannot do used again , the
message "The destination cannot be loaded" is displayed, after the
following happens:

a. the unit is 'reset'
b. the unit is connected to a computer and disconnected after.

3. Routes Issues:
a. Cannot retrieve the saved Route with the exception of the delivered by Navigon
b. cannot rename and/or delete any route

If you have how to fix the issue please let me know?

Comments

• I had this same problem. the error is not in the software but the map update. q2 2009 map update for some of the provinces will cause a fatal error when the is more then 1 chioce with either a street name that can be north south, east west or with poi's of the same name. I had to go back to q1 2009 maps to avoid this error.
  • Thanks for your information. Could you please let me know if you have others issues also:

1. All previously entered destinations cannot be used again , the
    message "The destination cannot be loaded" is displayed, after the
    following happens:

a. the unit is 'reset'
    b. the unit is connected to a computer and disconnected after.

2. Routes Issues:
    a. Cannot retrieve the saved Route with the exception of the delivered by Navigon
    b. cannot rename and/or delete any route
  • When using q2 2009 map update it would have problems with finding saved destinations on streets with mulitiple possibilities that i had saves when using q1 2009. after going back to q1 2009 i did not have any other problems
  • Extemely annoying, especially almost every street in this town has a N SE W designation. And I don't even have Q1 2009 to go back to :(
  • I just reloaded Q1 2009 maps and software and I do not have any issues I had with Q2 2009 update!!
  • Nice to hear, I haven't heard from Navigon ONCE for my various email. I posted a negative comment about them and was "censored". I would have tried the Q1 map except I didn't have access to it. I have tried Q3 2009 maps from their iphone app, and that has the issue with street names.

Since you are sticking with Navigon, would you want my Freshmaps subscription? Or what's remain on it? I will no longer spend money on their product and will use "downloaded" version of their software on my ipod touch.
  • Thanks for the offer but I bought one from The Source two months ago. I'm afraid it is pretty useless now. I do not expect to see any more updates from Navigon.

Cheers.
  • Tim 1480 Points
    posted a negative comment about them and was "censored".
    Your post wasn't deleted because it was negative about Navigon. Your post was deleted (like I should do with this one) because you are discussing stealing maps. You can take that discussion elsewhere.... There is no discussion of illegally obtaining maps here.
  • Tim, what is wrong with his last post? He just offered to give me the FreshMaps subscription he no longer needs. This is no illegal?
  • Tim 1480 Points
    I don't have a problem with that part, but alluding to having stolen the maps, using them from other products, etc is what goes beyond our boundaries here.
  • I will stay out of your playground then. I have no interest in censorship to maintain ignorance. A waste of my time. Delete this why don't you!
  • We have rights to protect ourselves against Navigon which left many users high and dry. If the software, maps, and customer service were what we paid for no one would have to look for 'unofficial' source.
  • Tim 1480 Points
    We have rights to protect ourselves against Navigon which left many users high and dry. If the software, maps, and customer service were what we paid for no one would have to look for 'unofficial' source.
    But you don't have the right to take what you haven't paid for... But that isn't the point either. By offering ways to steal software or providing instructions on how to on this forum you are putting me at risk. End of story.
  • 2120 User, Posting a temporary email since I am not allowed to PM! 7nyuar0l8n5x08f@jetable.net. Contact me if you want what's left of my Freshmaps (11x) but if they don't reply, we will have to think of an alternative way to transfer it to you.

If I had read a few more bad stories like mine. I surely wouldn't have wasted my time and $ on Navigon. Then again, may be there is a reason you don't see many negative comments around here.
  • But you don't have the right to take what you haven't paid for... But that isn't the point either. By offering ways to steal software or providing instructions on how to on this forum you are putting me at risk. End of story.
    I NEVER once offered a way to steal anything! I stated my experience! I did offer to pass what's left of my Freshmaps to 2120 _User as a GIFT. Not a stolen goods. Navigon cheated and ripped me off!
  • I just replaced Q1 maps with Q2. Now I have Q1 software + Q2 maps and everything work fine!!.

Navigon wanted $30 to test my device. They should test their programmers and managers first.

Cheers
  • I am not sure how this relates to all the posts here since you are all in Canada and I am in the US. I just bought a 2120 max from a Canadian merchant on ebay. It arrived yesterday and I was a bit hesitant to update it after reading all the qualms about Q2 maps and software. I bought a new 2GB (SanDisk Ultra II) to use as a trial and installed the new maps + software. So far everything is perfect. I am wondering how others have updated their systems. I used the Navigon Fresh software (which seems to be a totally self-sufficient Navigon application suite) and I am wondering if those who have had issues were using this same suite.
  • So, what software version was originally on your GPS 6.5.0 or 7.3.2?
  • It was 6.5.0
  • so, what happens when you enter the following address: ON( Ontario ), North York, Steels Ave, 5385. ?
  • Sorry mate, I suppose Navigon messed up Canada maps. I get a fatal error when I enter that address. My GPS actually froze and I tried to reset with no success. My only option was to hope that Navigon Fresh can reset it for me. I hooked it up to my computer and sure enough, I was able to get it working again. I then enterred the address to my in-laws in San Francisco, CA and the system gave me a nice route there with no crash. So my conclusion is that Canadian maps were screwed up somewhere.
  • One more question, when you reset your device did you manage to re-use saved destinations or did you get the message "cannot load destination"?
  • I just came back from a trip to make sure nothing was amiss. Sure enough, all is well. And all my saved addresses are intact, plus recently used addresses were all there too. I really believe anyone with problems after the update is in Canada, unless someone else in the US posts here with contrary results.
  • FWIW, I experienced the same thing.
    I live in the states and bought my 2100 max from an online US store. I then bought Q2 2009 maps and software update from a popular online auction site.
    After the software update, things improved for me (better pronunciation of streets, better maps, etc.).
    I then backed up the unit and entered the Canadian address you suggested. Sure enough, I received the same error message and it locked up on me. After I performed a restore, it's back to normal.

I would have to say that the concensus is a problem with the Canadian maps. That absolutely sucks for for my northern neighbors.

Not that it will do much good, but I will send an email to Navigon in the slim chance that someone will actually do something about it.
  • I was just in Toronto on Saturday and mine had me turn down the wrong way of a one way street! :x My unit seems to have some issues when it first acquires a signal. After a few minutes it's fine. I was parked in a garage there, so obviously I wasn't going to get reception until I got out of the garage. Once I did, it had me going all over the place. One second it would tell me to turn and then the next second it would tell me to go straight. Then, like I said, it told me to turn down the wrong way of a one way street. Luckily, noone was coming. After that happened it was fine though. It seems to have issues sometimes when I'm either stopped or going very slow. It gets confused what direction I'm going or facing. I think that was the problem since I was hitting some traffic when I first got out of the garage.
  • I emailed Navigon support yesterday about the issue. The following is their response:

Dear NAVIGON Customer
    Thank you for your inquiry.
    Please wait for our new update to Q3. It will be available soon.
    If this doesn't help, please contact us again.
    Sincerely
    p.p. Christian Josopait

Wouldn't you think that Navigon would either correct the issue with Q2 maps or at least offer a free upgrade to Q3 maps when they are ready?
  • I do not agree with you. It is not a Canadian map issue. This is the issue with poorly designed software, which is not able to catch such exception. Could you imagine ATM software which goes down because you have more than one saving account with the bank?

To prove my point I installed software, which came with Q1 update, with Q2 maps and everything works!! If this would be the Q2 map issue it should fail, but instead it nicely displays all available choices of addresses.

As far as contacting Navigon - they are completely useless. Their advice was to send them my GPS, with $30 check, and they will see what they can do. Nice scam to make some extra money.
  • That makes sense, 2120user.
    What version is your Q1 software?

Thanks.
  • Q1 - downloaded in June 2009 version 7.3.2
    Q2 - downloaded in August 2009 version 7.3.2

The same version number does not guarantee that they work the same way. There are bunch of .dll files which could be different.
  • Hmmm. Wouldn't you think that if some .dll files are different, the program would have a different version number? Kind of confusing, eh?
  • takawira 0 Points
    I am convinced that the problem is with version 7.3.2. After upgrading to version 7.4, using Q2 maps, I can now access any address from Canada.
  • 2120user 0 Points
    how can you upgrade to 7.4?
    NavigonFresh tells me that ver. 7.3.2 is up to date and does not require any updates.
  • takawira 0 Points
    See the post in "Looking for Zagat"
  • ovrclckd 0 Points
    Same here after upgrading to 7.4 it fixed the problems that started with q2 2009. The version of 7.4 that i used was not for model 2120, but for a 7310
  • 2120user 0 Points
    if it was for 7310 how did you load it to 2120max?
  • takawira 0 Points
    Mine was also from a Navigon 7310. Send me an e-mail for more info.
  • 2120user 0 Points
    I did. To this address: destaks@hotmail.com