This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Navigon 5100 - which brand 4GB SDHC card?

JanHus 0 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
I recently bought a Freshmaps voucher and have successfully updated my maps twice now. I'm in Europe, and there are a few map options for me to download when logging in - e.g. Central Europe, Europe etc. The Central Europe map (which I presume is the Europe map minus the UK/Ireland - am I right?)

I'd like to get the full Europe map next time I update, but it weighs in at a bit over 2GB and I have a (stock) 2GB SD card.

I recall reading somewhere that 5100s can't read High-Capacity SD cards. Is that correct? Can they read SDs larger than2GB as long as it's not an SDHC format?

It's increasingly hard to find a 4GB SD that isn't HC. Any particular model numbers that people know will work with the 5100?

Thanks!

Comments

• I had written to Navigon before on this issue and never heard back, but then yesterday, they replied! The message indicated that I can use a 4GB SDHC card, but that the 5100 sometimes has trouble reading specific brand cards (and no more information was given).

Does anyone have positive experiences with a particular brand/type of SDHC card?
  • dhn 336 Points
    Just avoid any cards you see offered for sale on ebay. Many turn out to be fraudulent knockoffs from China.

Stick with brands like SanDisk, Kensington. I know from TomToms and their units 'ike' faster cards such as class 4 or class 6 (ideally)
  • Just avoid any cards you see offered for sale on ebay. Many turn out to be fraudulent knockoffs from China.
    Or they could be legitimate ones from China. :)

Thanks for the advice! I'm pleased as punch that I can get a 4GB and use the larger full European maps.
  • I purchased a 8 GB Sandisk SDHC for my 5100 max and I have downloaded the new software and am getting a Last error: 0 Not enough space to extract! Am I using to big of card?