This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Question - Changing the voice on 2100 Max

wlsnoops 0 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
Just bought a refurbed 2100 Max. I know there are three voices available on the SD card, but don't know how to make the changes.
There was a discussion about this in another thread that mentioned changing an XML file.

:?: Which file? How do I do this? :?:

Thanks!
...Will

Comments

• On my 2120max there are two voices available: Dagmar and Sarah (TTS). I can switch them by going: Options->Settings->General->Page# 4.

I think that your GPS has the same menu structure.

Cheers.
  • Thanks for the reply, 2120user.
    My settings choices are apparently different than yours as I do not have that option. I updated my firmware a couple of days ago so I believe I have the latest.

I'm going to make a backup of the SD card and then poke around on it to see if I can find out how to change the voice.

Cheers to you as well!
  • what program version do you have?
  • :oops: I spoke incorrectly when I said I updated the firmware. I was thinking about my Magellan. The only change I've made to the Navigon is enabling the free Traffic service.

Here is my info:
    Version: 6.5.2 - build -38 03/06/2008
    Program info: 080306-2140
    CE version: 1.0202
  • Before you update to 7.3.2 read the following posts:

1. 2120max issue with ver 7.3.2
    2. [Q] 2120 Max + Freshmaps

Cheers
  • Thanks again for your reply, 2120user.
    I connected using the Navigon Fresh program and it said no updates are available for my unit. I'm thinking that in order to get the updated software, I'll have to buy a Fresh Maps. That may happen in the future but not right now.
    Thanks again. Have a great day.
    ...Will