This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Navigon seems to be Navi-GONE! No Updates!

AntiqueMac 0 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
I received a reply today from Navigon support concerning questions I asked on 10/6/09. If you are thinking about buying a USA version of a Navigon GPS or want to update your USA maps, read the response below.

"Dear NAVIGON Customer

Thank you for your inquiry.

We regret having to inform that due to technical reasons accessories, map material issues and contents are currently not available in North America through NAVIGON.

Unfortunately we don't have information concerning the availability of these products at other major retail shops either.

Sincerely
pP Philips
--------------
NAVIGON Support Team
E-Mail: support.us@navigon.com

If you have further questions, please attach previous e-mails
"

Sounds to me like they have totally pulled out of the USA, dumping all us former customers.

So, how can Navigon GPS products still be sold on major online sites advertising that Traffic and FreshMaps can be bought?

:shock:

Comments

• Tim 1480 Points
    Navigon pulled out of the USA market for PNDs back in early May.
  • That's funny, because in another thread someone was told that maps will be available in 2 weeks.
  • That's funny, because in another thread someone was told that maps will be available in 2 weeks.
    Well, they pulled out of the NA market as far as selling PNDs here. They're still "supposed to" keep updating the maps for the current customers that have fresh maps. They're just really behind with the latest update compared to the last ones that came out.