This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Operating Navigon 2100 while charging via usb?

rrowe 0 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
I would like to use my 2100 in the car in conjunction with this Griffin universal USB charger/adapter for use in the cigarette lighter (http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/powerjolt-dual-universal) so that I can charge my blackberry/ipod at the same time using only one cigarette lighter socket.

I tried using the mini usb cable that came with my blackberry but the Navigon shows that it is connected to a computer. Is there a way to allow me to use the device while it is plugged into the adapter? Thanks.

Comments

• I don't know if you can use the Griffin adapter but I can use my motorola adapter. But if you use an adapter other than what came with your gps, your traffic won't work because the traffic antenna is built into the charger.
  • rrowe 0 Points
    No I don't use the traffic feature. I really only use the device for cross country type road trips. I just want to know if there is a way to use the device while it is charging via usb. Thanks.
  • seems to be dependent on the cable/charger. I have a generic 12v to usb adapter and it also shows up as a computer connection on both my 2100 and 7200.