This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

ROADMATE 1470 2.05 POSTED

2»

Comments

• Mine was on for about 5 minutes when it shut down. Most of the time when I don't have it routing the trips are short. Of course for long trips I am usually using it to route some where. Perhaps it is a maintenance thing. It doesn't hurt anything if you are not using it to route you. One time with the original firmware, I was about 500 feet from making a turn when it rebooted.
  • Strange...but it is better than having it search for a signal for 5 minutes with 1.10 or loop itself with 1.15...so I'll patiently wait for the next great revision.

Plea to Magellan: COME ON, GUYS! I know you can do it...we used Magellan GPS technology on my US Navy sub back in the 90's and never had an issue! Where are the old-heads who designed and programmed those?
  • Well I got sent a brand new unit in a box with all the accessories before I even sent my unit back. I place my unit in the box and sent it back. The new unit has 1.12 installed I'm not going to upgrade till the post is clear. I will not even undate to version 1.15.

Does anyone know the what version 1.12 gave you over the 1.10?

Waiting for the advertised changes mentioned in 2.05 and mabe some additional changes in future versions.
  • I had 1.12 on my unit for awhile. I actually thought it was worse then 1.10 on recalculating missed turns. Outside of that I saw no difference.
  • blico 0 Points
    Either got a really clean refurb unit back yesterday or a new unit (1470).
    It has 2.05 on it, we shall see!
  • blico 0 Points
    The unit does function as a GPS. However, it will not save anything - POIs, home, previous, or anything to the address book. Tech support was unable to correct the problem. I'm going to use it for the next week or so and then get another RA#. The unit I rcvd was a new unit.
    BTW - they will send a label and pay for shipping - IF you ask for one, will also apply if you ask on the first return. They won't, however, refund the $10 I already spent.
  • The unit does function as a GPS. However, it will not save anything - POIs, home, previous, or anything to the address book. Tech support was unable to correct the problem. I'm going to use it for the next week or so and then get another RA#. The unit I rcvd was a new unit.
    BTW - they will send a label and pay for shipping - IF you ask for one, will also apply if you ask on the first return. They won't, however, refund the $10 I already spent.

Mine had trouble until 2.05. Now I go to local info and hit save, name it and then it has the orange triangle when you goto adresses

bob
  • The unit does function as a GPS. However, it will not save anything - POIs, home, previous, or anything to the address book. Tech support was unable to correct the problem. I'm going to use it for the next week or so and then get another RA#. The unit I rcvd was a new unit.

Mine did the same thing. The 2.05 yours came with may not be the newest. Mine had 2.05 on it, but they have since released 2.05 release3. It should be on the website and it will correct the issues you mention above. Try it first...hate to give up a new unit.
  • I have 2.05 rel 3 now. They have fixed the 1 touch problem. However, mine froze at the warning screen. It has never done that before. I turned it off and it came back up.
  • I have 2.05 rel 3 now. They have fixed the 1 touch problem. However, mine froze at the warning screen. It has never done that before. I turned it off and it came back up.
    What is the 1 touch problem?

bob
    It's definitely far from perfect...both of my 1440's still shut down spontaneously for no apparent reason unless I have them active on a trip.
  • blico 0 Points
    Mine did the same thing. The 2.05 yours came with may not be the newest. Mine had 2.05 on it, but they have since released 2.05 release3. It should be on the website and it will correct the issues you mention above. Try it first...hate to give up a new unit.
    BINGO!!!!!!!!!
    Wonder why Mag. T.S. didn't suggest this?
    Thanks so much Megalloy........ :-}
  • Mine did the same thing. The 2.05 yours came with may not be the newest. Mine had 2.05 on it, but they have since released 2.05 release3. It should be on the website and it will correct the issues you mention above. Try it first...hate to give up a new unit.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!
    Wonder why Mag. T.S. didn't suggest this?
    Thanks so much Megalloy........ :-}

You're more than welcome! Glad it worked!
  • In some cases, after installing 2.05 the 1 touch icons were messed up. That has been fixed in Release 3 of 2.05.
  • I was in the same boat - Bricked a new unit with 1.15. Was sent a "refurb" as the replacement serial number was lower than the bricked unit. "New" unit had 2.05 R1 which had all the fun stuff as others noted - 20 minute shutdown, unable to save any address etc. Just as I was yelling for replacement #2 saw this forum about R3 - Thanks - All seems to be better. Not sure what is up with Magellan with these updates and not testing before release
  • blico 0 Points
    Question - is there a way to calibrate the 1470? I haven't called TS yet as the info here is better. The unit I just got is about 25 feet off on crossroads and destinations (I never get there). Other than that it has performed well since the rel3 upgrade, I don't know if it was off before. However, I have noticed that now when you touch the blue triangle to get the current location screen - the lat and long will now update as you move. My previous unit only updated the mileage for the next and last roads.
  • A lot of the problems have been fixed with version 2.05 rel 3. However, not the lagging behind of the car icon. I have heard that the Air Force, or whoever owns the satellites is having trouble because the satellites are so old. Perhaps that has something to do with it.
  • A lot of the problems have been fixed with version 2.05 rel 3. However, not the lagging behind of the car icon. I have heard that the Air Force, or whoever owns the satellites is having trouble because the satellites are so old. Perhaps that has something to do with it.
    I solve that by zooming out and using 2D mode :D

bob
  • achen 0 Points
    Where should I find "Local Info" after upgrading to 2.05 (Release 3) ?
  • blico 0 Points
    steelgtr - tried 2D doesn't work for me.
    Mag TS told me to reinstall rel3, I did and it didn't help, will call them back tomorrow. However, further research shows that the elevation is also off about 100 ft (too high) from my previous 1470. I've also noticed that if approaching a destination from the south, the 1470 will announce that I'm there about 75ft or so before I get there. From the north - just the opposite. Will have to try east/west to see if there is a difference there.
  • blico 0 Points
    After a few sessions with their world wide TS network.....unit is going to be replaced/repaired.
  • Marc 301 Points
    My guess is once this happens something got corrupted and it will happen with increasing frequency. Apparently Magellan has still not figured out the bug that has been causing this since early spring.
  • My guess is once this happens something got corrupted and it will happen with increasing frequency. Apparently Magellan has still not figured out the bug that has been causing this since early spring.
    Marc, they know exactally what is causing it and they are now fixing this concern. Not a big deal, it was a mistake made that was not caught when the software is released to production.
    The beta software did not have any of these issues so it is not a big deal to fix it.

I'm testing new updates as we speak
  • Sorry if I'm off topic here, but, here's the deal. I was going to get the 1470 but after reading this thread opted for the new 1700. It came with version 1.05 firmware. I see that Magellan is offering 2.05 on their website.

Is that something totally different than the 2.05 being discussed here? Should I upgrade? Also, does anyone know what is to be gained by the upgrade? Magellan says it enhances navigation which doesn't really tell me doodly squat.
  • egale 0 Points
    Can't speak for the 1700 but the 2.05 software for the 1470 corrected most of the bugs with the township vs city names. It made my 1470 much more useable.
  • Can't speak for the 1700 but the 2.05 software for the 1470 corrected most of the bugs with the township vs city names. It made my 1470 much more useable.
    Should be the same
  • Sorry if I'm off topic here, but, here's the deal. I was going to get the 1470 but after reading this thread opted for the new 1700. It came with version 1.05 firmware. I see that Magellan is offering 2.05 on their website.

Is that something totally different than the 2.05 being discussed here? Should I upgrade? Also, does anyone know what is to be gained by the upgrade? Magellan says it enhances navigation which doesn't really tell me doodly squat.
    Purchased same 1700 with same question regarding whether to update the firmware or not. At this time my GPS is working just fine without the update and will wait for another update and testing before installing. You may wish to do the same Hankster65
  • Thanks everyone for your input on this. My thinking today is the same as SR1945's....its doing what I want it to do right now, so why take a chance? "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Thanks again.
  • Marc 301 Points
    Rule no. 1 of practical people:If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    Rule no. 1 of tinkerers like me: Keep mucking with it, something must be broken, or will be when I'm through with it! :wink:
  • I am back up north and just ran into another issue. First off, with version 2.05 of the software, recalculations of most missed turns seems to be better. If I miss my turn, the next turn is 1 block. Same distance to my house. The 1.?? versions of the firmware used to tell me to go 2 blocks away and make a U turn to come back. Version 2.05 tells me to turn on the next turn. That is good. Now the bad. I was in Forest Park, Il. Going to 7403 Madison in Forest park. I was at Desplaines road and Madison. The currect instructions would have been to TR on Madion, then in 2 blocks you have arrived. Instead it was telling me to TL on Madison, then 3 more left turns to get back on Madison. Clearly wrong. And there is no one way street there. Generally, 2.05 calculates much faster and better then the 1.?? versions. But this was a strange one.
  • Questions for PDN4ME:

Is there any chance we will see the ability to pause during routing for restaurant breaks, etc... and then resume once back on route?

Does the 1400/1470 have the ability to record a route and remember it the next time?

Do the units have the capability to house multiple voices like the Garmins, etc...?
  • I am losing it with Magellan 1470's. I have just returned a 1470 that has the "lastest and greatest" 2.05 R3 firmware. After about two weeks of use the unit became stuck on the splash screen....CS issued a RA with Magellan picking up the shipping as this is number two return (1st was the infamous 1.15 splash screen issue - is there a pattern?) CS indicated that I may receive a 1475T as a replacement....We shall see as the 7-10 day clock just began to run.
  • I am not PDN4me. However,
    1. When the unit goes off then back on, it asks if you want to resume the route.
    2. I have never heard of that being available.
    3. Just the voices that are built in.
  • What's the "benefit" of upgrading to 2.05..?? Seems, as though, it "creates" more problems than "help"..!!

Does it "hurt" to continue with the "initial firmware" that came with the unit..??
  • I have found 2.05 to be much better then the 1.?? firmware. It recalculates missed turns faster. It fixed the not being able to save the current location. There were certain addresses that could not be entered, even if they were valid. Because of the predictive text. For example, an address would have a 1 in the number, but you couldn't enter the 1, it was greyed out. This was also fixed. If you miss a turn, the reroute was too slow, therefore it would take you past the next logical street. That has been fixed.
    There is no reason not to update and many reasons to.
  • I was going somewhere, I had the GPS on but not using it. Suddenly it turned off. I checked my power setting, and I had it set to turn off in 10 minutes if it wasn't doing anything. Apparently, if it is not routing, then it is not doing anything. I think I solved that problem.