This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Navigon Europe - WOW!

ThunderLizard 91 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
Take a look at this... (I'm drooling...)

Here's the link...

http://www.navigon.com/portal/int/produkte/navigationssysteme/navigon_8410.html

If only...

Comments

• Tim 1480 Points
    There are GPS devices here too that offer 3D buildings... some of the newer Garmin models can do it. The HP iPAQ 310 was fairly well known for that too with the high resolution display it had:

• papa 0 Points
    IMO, Navigon will probably be back in the U.S. I'm sure they are watching all the comments and they are loving it. It's kinda like they are dangling the rabbit in front our nose...just out of reach. If and when they return to the U.S., their units will sell like crazy with a lot less returns than their earlier models. That said, I have a 7200T and love it. It's still a lot of GPS for the money. Too bad about the map updates, though. Sooner or later, the current Q2 map will be severely outdated. I've noticed that on Ebay and Amazon marketplace, the 7200T's are selling for high dollar.

Only MHO.
  • If and when they return to the U.S., their units will sell like crazy with a lot less returns than their earlier models.
    Heck . . . I'd buy a half dozen or so, just so I could return them . . . let them learn a little lesson about pissing people off. It will be a cold day in hell when I let them keep any more of my money!
  • Wade 81 Points
    I don't think Navigon will be back with any PNA devices. I think their American market is going to solely rely upon iPhone and any other phone navigation software they come out with.

With MSN pulling out of the traffic Data feed, they're also betting on phone/data communications devices to be the next generation of navigation devices.

I hope I can make use of my 2100Max for as long as I can, as I cannot STAND trying to look at my iPhone for directions...
  • zekec 0 Points
    The new Navigon devices are plenty good and would no doubt be popular in NA, but I don't think the company's previous lack of success is a result of the device features.

Navigon continues to ignore support big-time, and it will be very interesting to see what becomes of their current iPhone popularity when the customers have to start paying for the updates (software and/or maps).

I suspect the iTunes Navigon ratings will start to go downhill, not because it is unfair for Navigon to get some money for an update, nor a result of the app; but because they will find some way to drop the ball when questions like "I thought the app included updates?" come pouring in and the Goodwill is squandered.

Just curious as to when that rug will get pulled...
    and to be fair, Navigon isn't the only one since TomTom will have to deal with it also --
    who will put the customer first, anyone?