This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Navigon 7300T is sold in America? Please help!

Aftervirtue 0 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
Hi

I am new to this site as well as GPS in general. I placed an order for Navigon
7300T on an internet site for a present for my family member in November 2009. However, I realized that Navigon company retreated from North America around April or May, 2009, bringing about nuisance about continued software support. The internet site that I ordered Navigon 7300T from has no stock for the item (in the process of backorder), so I did not receive the gps or I do not know when I will get it, if available. So what are your suggestions regarding this situation? Should I keep waiting or cancel the order and find alternative gps? If so, what's your recommending gps (possibly affordable and reliable at the same time)?Thank you for your help. :oops:

Aftervirtue

Comments

• Tim 1480 Points
    I'd cancel and get something different. The "which" will depend on what it is you are looking for. What features lured you to the 7300?
  • Thanks Tim for your help,

I was attracted to 7300T, because it provides live traffic info, large display size, reliability and durability. I saw quite a few people (who used to be fans for Navigon) highly applauded 7300T model, all of which made me choose Navigon 7300T.

Aftervirtue
  • Tim 1480 Points
    I'd check out the Garmin Nuvi 265WT.
  • I'd check out the Garmin Nuvi 265WT.

May I ask you 'why'?

Thank you Tim.
  • How could you have placed an order for the 7300t? I thought it never ended up being released in the U.S.?
  • How could you have placed an order for the 7300t? I thought it never ended up being released in the U.S.?

I ordered internet site 'ecost', but the item was temporarily out of order' at that time.

Aftervirtue
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    I think ECost is going to be redefining Webster's definition of the word "Temporarily" in "Temporarily Out of Stock".

Every Navigon gps they "carry" is Out of Stock. That might be a clue.
  • MTurbo 91 Points
    Aftervirtue

Navigon pulled out of North America and so far there is NO support for the units. People who have bought and paid for maps updates for 2 to 3 years has received no more updates.

This spring they updated the firmware for the 7200 and it affect the 3d buildings. Navigon made no attempt to fix it.

My 7200T I was very happy with until they screwed us on the map updates and fixes.

I returned mine a few weeks ago and if you are smart so should you.

Good luck.