This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Navigon 1.4 Just hit the App Store!

lordhamster 0 Points
edited November -1 in Smartphone Navigation
Navigon 1.4 with Google Live search just hit the App store. Get it while it's hot!

Comments

• Ok, now that I've had a chance to run through all the new features here are the results.

1. Google Local is very cool and definitely makes up for Navigon's piss poor poi database.

2. While the splash screen may be a nanosecond faster to load, the application itself seems a bit more sluggish. Specifically zooming in and out of maps on my 3GS seems a bit slower. Some button presses now have a bit of lag. Although the lag is not nearly as bad as it was with 1.3 on my iPhone 3G.

3. Fix the Damned contact function already!! The Damned thing still cant parse simple addresses which are in USPS standardized format if they are coming out of your contacts list.

4. Ok, route list is fine and dandy, but what I NEED is to be able to pick part of the route and hit "avoid" and have it avoid that road or turn.

If they fix those final issues then I'd be able to use Navigon for 100% of my trips.
  • Tim 1481 Points
    Thanks for the report!
  • I like mine so far. I still have to try the contacts to see if there are any issues navigating there. The segment skipping/recalculating needs to be addressed - I like the way TomTom addresses this.

Some very good improvements.

I will try pedestrian mode in Boston New Year's Eve.
  • I have tested the 1.4 and found it really good.
    The google search just improve the whole thing.
    This is definetly a good iphone nav app.