This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Navigon 2100 can't find satellite

Paul Joseph 0 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
Hi,

My wife had my Navigon 2100 and it fell from the windshield. When she looked at it, it didn't work anymore. When I turn it on, I can't get the satellite connection. Any thoughts on why? Is it a hardware problem, something broken, or something else?

Thanks for any help,

Paul

Comments

• Tim 1480 Points
    Assuming that nothing is blocking reception (device is outside with an unobstructed view for up to 30 minutes would be the test) then I'd assume when it was dropped the antenna might have been disconnected from the rest of the board inside.
  • Thanks, is there a way to fix this myself?
  • Tim 1480 Points
    I guess that depends how comfortable you are taking apart electronics. If you're confident the device isn't working right from the drop then it might not hurt to try.
  • Any thoughts on how to get the back off of the unit? No visible screws or anything.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    I won't be able to look at my brother's 2100 for a day or two (big snow coming) but, on the back of my 7200 there is a detachable plastic plate (has the word Navigon on it and is sort of "dog bone" shaped). There is a screwdriver slot to pop it off. Once off, there is a lable with S/N and P/N. I can feel a depressed screw dead center. If the 2100 is anything like that you may be in luck. I have never opened mine so that is all I have to offer.

Decided to take pictures as they are worth a thousand words....

• Thanks, Spyder, that is helpful but the 2100 is very smooth, all the way around. I have poked and prodded all around but nothing gives easily.
  • Tim 1480 Points
    2100, not 2100 Max, right? Do you have any additional software like map subscriptions, traffic subscriptions, Zagat guides, etc?