This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Navigon 2120 Max Error Problem

jake46 0 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
I have a Navigon 2120 Max with the latest Q3 2009 map update. When I search for a P.O.I. such as Tim Hortons, MacDonalds in the Provinces of Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia, Alberta and BC. I continually get an error. This only happens in these provinces. Any help solving this problem would be appreciated...Thanks..

Comments

• This is undocumented feature introduced by Navigon with Q2 update. The only way, which I know about, to fix the issue is:

1. backup your Q3 update
    2. restore Q1, assuming you have it.
    3. manually copy two folders from Q3 to your device: MAP and POI

I hope it helps.

Cheers.
  • Many times this is a problem with the POI file. If you can leave the Q3 maps in place and replace the POI file with the earlier file it might temporarily fix the problem. I would contact Navigon though about fixing the newer POI file if you find this worked.
  • The poi's are built into the maps file now. The only poi"s in the poi folder are ZAGAT. Although not a good fix what I have done is I've gone to a 4 gig card and have both q1 and q3 maps on the card. When I need to look up an address or poi in ON i switch to q1 maps and the rest of the time I use the q3 maps.
  • The poi's are built into the maps file now. The only poi"s in the poi folder are ZAGAT. Although not a good fix what I have done is I've gone to a 4 gig card and have both q1 and q3 maps on the card. When I need to look up an address or poi in ON i switch to q1 maps and the rest of the time I use the q3 maps.
    When you say "built into the map file", are you being literal or do you mean they are included in the map update? I would be surprised to see the actual map file amended. That would require a different map file for every model as opposed to a single map file and different capacity POI files for different models that have different numbers of POIs.

Of course they could have moved the main POIs to the map sub folder....... :)
  • Yes they are built into the map file itself and then each different model will have a different PoiCats.nsf . But this is for Models running MN7, MN6 is still seperate.