This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Happy Holidays!

patruns 10 Points
edited November -1 in GPS Discussions
Here is to a happy and healthy holiday season to all on here and their friends and families!

Comments

• Boyd 1953 Points
    Likewise! Safe and happy travels for the holidays to all.
  • Tim 1467 Points
    May you all successfully find your way to Grandma's house.
  • dhn 328 Points
    Same to you, patruns! Nice family you have there...... :lol:
  • Happy holidays all, hey Tim, do you know which GPS Santa uses? Must be a pretty sophisticated system to plan that route with all those stops avoiding traffic, red light cameras and finding those POI for the reindeer rest stops and necessary Santa pit stops (after all the milk and cookies :lol: )
  • alanb 419 Points
    Santa uses that hard to find Rudolph model with the famous "Rednose" antenna. Happy Holidays all!
  • Tim 1467 Points
    hey Tim, do you know which GPS Santa uses?
    I'm sorry, Santa's lawyers have me under a strict NDA and I'm unable to disclose that information. :lol:
  • gatorguy 325 Points
    But Navteq maps are driving it according to a news item this morning. 8)

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/30270/navteq-claims-santa-claus-partnership
  • Thanks Tim.............. laywers :( ............
    Santa uses that hard to find Rudolph model with the famous "Rednose" antenna. Happy Holidays all!
    I have seen the consumer version of this system in Amish country around here :lol: It's called "The Horseknowstheway" and it uses no batteries or vehicle charger but does require some clean up :shock:
  • Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to everyone!
  • Considering what his new tricked-out ride looks like, his GPS must be fully integrated with the avionics and flight control system:

http://www.ge.com/santa/
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    HA! We are grandma's and grandpa's house! Finally they all come to us!

Happy Holidays to All!

Samantha exclaimed as he drove out of sight, "Take a left at Dubuque, we haven't got all night!
  • HA! We are grandma's and grandpa's house! Finally they all come to us!
    HA! I knew you were old Spyder :lol:

Merry Christmas
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    ...and feeling older than dirt with each passing day........ I even remember No. 2 pencils with erasers on the end. I keep one on the wall along with my abacus and Esso road map, In Case of Emergency! :roll:

Enjoy the day.
  • ...and feeling older than dirt with each passing day........
    Still beats the alternative IMHO

We are grandparents too but now we go to their houses for the hollidays 8)

Hope you and yours enjoy the day too!
  • Marc 201 Points
    ...and feeling older than dirt with each passing day........ I even remember No. 2 pencils with erasers on the end. I keep one on the wall along with my abacus and Esso road map, In Case of Emergency! :roll:

Enjoy the day.
    I find the principal difference between me and dirt is that dirt's knees don't ache like mine do. As for number two pencils and abacus- how many of you have an analog computer that looks like a ruler but the middle section slides back and forth? I show mine to some of my younger colleagues, with a preface that I have a computational device with infinite precision. Hope you all have a very peaceful holiday!
  • dhn 328 Points
    You mean a sliderule??!! :shock:

I used one in university (talk about old!) to calculate answers to math problems.

Took hours and lots of paper to do what the basic calculator can do today in seconds!
  • I find the principal difference between me and dirt is that dirt's knees don't ache like mine do
    Tell me about it, but when I stop and think about it between the two them mine are over 120 years old :shock:
  • ifse 0 Points
    Without a detour on back roads through the woods.
  • papa 0 Points
    ...and feeling older than dirt with each passing day........ I even remember No. 2 pencils with erasers on the end.

Yeah, I saved a bunch of them from my elementary school days in the 50's. The erasers actually worked, unlike the ones on today's pencils that mostly smear. Talking about feeling older, I remember when we had 3 rooms and a path, instead of 3 rooms and a bath. Fully equipped with Sears catalogs...