This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

DeLorme and SPOT to Combine Product

Comments

• Tim 1481 Points
    Post now updated with new public info from DeLorme.
  • Tim 1481 Points
    New post with even more info...

DeLorme PN-60w & SPOT Messenger
  • Tim 1481 Points
    And now DeLorme has provided further details.

• Tim,
    The new 60 interface looks wonderful. I am looking at possibly getting a PN-40/30, but are the upgrades for the 60 (don't need Spot) worth waiting for in the mean time? I have been trying to decide between the 40 and 30 seeing that the only differences aside from colors is the compass and altimeter. I don't know if I will use the compass and altimeter. I can't determine why there is such a price difference in some places between the 30 and 40 ($100 some places). I guess I am asking if the 30 will become out dated when the 60 hits the shelves?

I am confused and need a new toy... I mean tool to use.
  • Tim 1481 Points
    I am looking at possibly getting a PN-40/30, but are the upgrades for the 60 (don't need Spot) worth waiting for in the mean time?
    If you're not interested in the SPOT and don't want an electronic compass/barometer (which I agree with) then the 30 is probably the way to go. Most of the enhancements to the 60 are with the interface and wireless capabilities. Although battery life is also said to be improved-- we just don't know by how much. I think the 30 is a very good value.
  • Thanks for the information. I have seen the 30 in both colors for $199 at a couple of places. With that price I am considering getting a Nuvi 255W for the car (wife likes the big screen) and getting a 30 to keep with me for work and play.

You have been very helpful with all your insight on this board.

Thanks again.
  • gatorguy 326 Points
    If you haven't bought yet, you can get the PN-40 for the price of the PN-30, today only Amazon Gold Box Deal until 1pm EST. Just $199 with free shipping.
  • Missed the special on the 40 from Amazon. Just ordered 30 from wally-world. Can't wait to get started after all the reading I could. Thanks for everyone's help.