This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Cydle T43H

papa 0 Points

Comments

• Spyder63 231 Points
    Papa.... thanks.

So, how does the T43H handle route avoidances and can you "fine tune" a turn-by-turn list ala Navigon?

Are you finding the POI database adequate as compared to Navigon?

Hopefully they will heed your request and let us DL the manual and hopefully find lots of answers on our own.
  • papa 0 Points
    Papa.... thanks.

How does the T43H handle route avoidances and can you "fine tune" a turn-by-turn list ala Navigon?

Like Navigon, you can avoid part of a route or avoid roadblocks. I've only used the Route Avoidance feature once, since I've only had it for a couple of weeks.

Are you finding the POI database adequate as compared to Navigon?

According to Cydle, it has 11 million POI's (compare that to Navigon). You can search by Zip Code, Cities, Category, POI name, POI in City, telephone number, or Point on Map. You can also create Itineraries.

Hopefully they will heed your request and let us DL the manual and hopefully find lots of answers on our own.

I certainly hope so, as well. Of course, you can email them and they will send you one. They did for me. I received an email from them yesterday and most of their staff is at CES 2010, so response time may be a little slower than usual.

The map is not as detailed as Navigon's and it does not show railroad tracks. I've requested those features also. According to Cydle, the T43H can be updated via firmware and software, depending on the features. It does not have Bluetooth or Voice Recognition yet. Personally, I don't use those anyway. I did try the HD radio and movie feature just for the heck of it. They really do work. I'm not into that, either. My wife likes that stuff. It also has 3 different keyboards to choose from.
  • Tim 1456 Points
    edited January 2010
    I received an email from them yesterday and most of their staff is at CES 2010, so response time may be a little slower than usual.
    Yes-- I just left their both.

http://twitpic.com/x4p8f
  • I hope they have staff of more than 5
  • Tim 1456 Points
    edited January 2010
    Realize that Cydle GPS devices are just iGo software on some spec'ed hardware. It isn't as though they are doing any of the navigation software development-- just taking the iGo software they license and installing it on the hardware they spec. So they don't have direct control of adding new navigation features, addressing navigation bugs, etc outside of what Nav N Go adds to their iGo software. They have influence since they are purchasing the software, but not direct control.
  • Spyder63 231 Points
    Ah HA! It's a Mio, sort of. Good to know it is iGo. There is some decent potential then, but as you point out subject to Cydle's influence or marketing desires.

And I see the T43HB has bluetooth. Is that available yet?
  • papa 0 Points
    I see the T43HB has bluetooth. Is that available yet?
    I was told by Cydle that it will be available in June.
  • hey papa, if you talk to them again, suggest power on/off option when car starts if its not already an option. also radio and traffic antena integrated in car charger. maybe audio through fm transmitter or even better through blutooth. just for me. thanks.
  • Tim 1456 Points
    I know it shuts down automatically when it senses power off-- but I thought it turned itself on with the car too. Am I dreaming?
  • papa 0 Points
    hey papa, if you talk to them again, suggest power on/off option when car starts if its not already an option. also radio and traffic antena integrated in car charger. maybe audio through fm transmitter or even better through blutooth. just for me. thanks.
    It's funny you mentioned those things. I already have.

The only contact I have with them is e-mail. The U.S. Sales and Marketing director is Woody Lee. I've corresponded with Jinny via email at jinny.rho@cydle.com

I have the T43H manual in PDF format. If you will PM me, I will email you a copy. There are a couple of features on the GPS that are not in the manual. I guess it's because it's so new in the U.S.
  • Tim 1456 Points
    papa445, are you all set with your login now?
  • im not alowed to pm. any way you could post a link? or email it to xxhaimbondxx@aim.com and i will upload it for everyone tonight.
  • dhn 228 Points
    im not alowed to pm. any way you could post a link?
    Are you sure? I thought the Board software required 10 posts by a user before permission for pm's was granted; you have much more.
  • there are other conditions im sure. ive been a naughty boy.
  • gatorguy 224 Points
    Yes you have :wink:
  • is that why i have a minus under my name?
  • gatorguy 224 Points
    That I don't know.
  • papa 0 Points
    papa445, are you all set with your login now?
    Yes, thanks. I had changed one of my email addresses in my profile, and it happened to be the one for this forum. My new authorization came shortly thereafter.
  • papa 0 Points
    ...email it to xxhaimbondxx@aim.com and i will upload it for everyone tonight.
    Done.
  • xxhaimbondxx 91 Points
    edited January 2010
    Here's the link to a manual.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RWIFKYWO
  • papa 0 Points
    I have the User Manual in PDF format for the T43H. If anyone wants a copy, just PM me and I will respond as time permits.
  • still tempted, although had a chance to use my 7200 over the weekend and boy i would sure be missing it a lot. any cool new things you have noticed in cydle? where did you get yours from? amaz0n? they have only 3rd party sellers and i am not sure of their return policy.
  • gatorguy 224 Points
    Best Buy is supposed to be carrying them soon, if not already so.
  • papa 0 Points
    Any cool new things you have noticed in Cydle?
    I haven't had an opportunity to use it as much as I would like, mainly because of lack of time. It boots much faster than the Navigons, even in the house. I especially like the Junction View showing all the time while on a destination, the configurable speed limit warning, the map color options, the clarity of the map text, 11 million POI's and search options, 3 different keyboards to choose from, and free traffic with no ads. I've only tested the Movie player, HD Radio, and Music Player once and they worked as advertised.

Where did you get yours from? Amazon? They have only 3rd party sellers and I am not sure of their return policy.

I got it directly from Cydle. They have been running "coupon" discount specials. I think they will be doing that again any time now.

It's not perfect, but I haven't seen one yet that is.
  • papa 0 Points
    Best Buy is supposed to be carrying them soon, if not already so.
    I heard that, also.
  • How did you hear about their discount coupon? Was it less than $250 with that coupon?
  • papa 0 Points
    How did you hear about their discount coupon?
    It was on their website a few weeks ago. I kept checking back.

Was it less than $250 with that coupon?

Yep.
  • Hi Papa, since this unit is based on Windows CE, do you come across any reboot issue?
  • papa 0 Points
    Since this unit is based on Windows CE, do you come across any reboot issue?
    None yet. That's another thing I like about it.
  • They have some coupon with Mwave, but with shipping it is still $250, which is what it's selling everywhere else.
  • Desperately needing the user manual, can anyone post it? Can't PM with my limited postings!
  • Spyder63 231 Points
    edited January 2010
    Anybody know how to pronounce "Cydle"? Papa, if you talked to them how do they answer the phone? "CYDLE - For more human happiness in your automobile."

I also found a couple other user manuals on their website - the update manual, Quick Guide manual and user manual for the ICN (InCar Navigator), but the latter is dated 2007 and appears to be old MioMap software.

Still no direct link to the T43H manual. It would take somebody about 30 seconds, tops, to get that to work.

OK - found the T43H manual - I hope it is OK to post it here. I don't fully understand the new URL guidelines.

https://www.cydle.com/Manual/common/Owner's manual 1209.pdf
  • Hi Papa, does music player works during navigation (Windows CE should handles multi-tasking but user manual never mention this)?
  • Tim 1456 Points
  • Spyder63 231 Points
    Your manual post wasn't here when I was editing mine :roll: :roll:
  • Tim 1456 Points
    No worries!
  • papa 0 Points
    Anybody know how to pronounce "Cydle"?

Good question! Never thought of that!

Papa, if you talked to them how do they answer the phone?

I've never spoken to any of them personally...only through email. But I have gotten prompt responses.
  • papa 0 Points
    Does music player works during navigation (Windows CE should handles multi-tasking but user manual never mention this)?
    Honestly, I haven't used it during navigation. It should work fine, IMO. I've only tested it a couple of times. I think the User Manual is not updated to all the features. I've noticed a couple of features that are not mentioned in the manual.
  • Tim 1456 Points
    I pronounce it like this:
    http://www.howjsay.com/index.php?word=sidle

Nobody at the booth corrected me, and I don't recall hearing them say it differently. (Though I can't be certain I heard anyone say it either.)
  • Tim 1456 Points
    I just tried calling the number they have listed on the back of their press kits.. Unfortunately either the number is printed wrong or the guy who answers their phones just got out of bed (it is 7:30 am there) and simply said "Hello?". I told him I had the wrong number. :)
  • papa 0 Points
    I just tried calling the number they have listed on the back of their press kits.. Unfortunately either the number is printed wrong or the guy who answers their phones just got out of bed (it is 7:30 am there) and simply said "Hello?". I told him I had the wrong number. :)
    Was it (310) 542-5818?
  • Tim 1456 Points
    I think so.
  • Spyder63 231 Points
    I pronounce it like this:
    http://www.howjsay.com/index.php?word=sidle

Nobody at the booth corrected me, and I don't recall hearing them say it differently. (Though I can't be certain I heard anyone say it either.)

That's how I would say it as well, but you never know. Just like when nüvi came out we weren't sure about that one either. :)
  • I was thinking the same thing.. SIGH'dul.. Like Sarah Sidle on CSI.
  • Spyder63 231 Points
    Why can't they come up with "regular" names like Bill or Bob or Sue..... :lol:

I'm gonna just call it Clyde in memory of Clyde Kadiddlehopper!

• gatorguy 224 Points
    You realize Tim has no idea who that is 8)
  • dhn 228 Points
    He said he thought he knew who Elvis was. What else do you want? :lol:
  • Boyd 1744 Points
    So I feel a little like I'm crashing a private party here :D .... but what is it that you find appealing about this product? The website looks a little like a work in progress. There's a youtube video that plays in a postage-stamp sized window (BTW, they pronounce it like "SIGH DULL" there, and that is sort of my reaction also :wink: ). The video paused while it was loading and I clicked on it again and it started playing a review of a Navigon unit, which was kind of odd since I was on Cydle's website.

Is it the HD Traffic that interests you? Since it's clearchannel (evidently), is there any expectation that it would be better than existing FM traffic in terms of either quality or reception? In Philadelphia they only list one station that carries it - not a good sign.

So maybe I'm missing something - sorry. But this just looks like one of many other marginal imports to me. That website sure wouldn't convince me to buy anything.

Help me out here...
  • papa 0 Points
    So maybe I'm missing something - sorry. But this just looks like one of many other marginal imports to me. That website sure wouldn't convince me to buy anything.
    That's what I like about living in this country. We can express our opinions.
  • Boyd 1744 Points
    Yeah, I like this country too. But I'm just trying to understand. What does the Cydle offer that's special? Sorry if I have not dug deeply enough to understand this on my own.

My use of "marginal" was a little harsh - sorry. I didn't mean to criticize you for liking the product. What I meant was, I don't see much that makes this unit stand out, the website looks a little rough, and Tim got some sleepy guy when he called their phone number.