This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Cydle T43H

Comments

• papa 0 Points
    I’m waiting for the update, hopefully soon. One thing I really like about the T43H is that it provides a very nice color overhead view of traffic incidents using “real-time” updates. I use the Traffic Station “Auto-scan” mode and have never had a problem. By default, the reported traffic incidents are sorted by distance, but can also be sorted by name using the “A” button at the bottom of the Traffic Message List. Pages 45-49 of the manual explains this more fully.

The HD radio traffic signal updates traffic every 20-30 seconds -- especially helpful during normal rush hours. The highway colors on the display (green, red, and black) change every 20-30 seconds and are refreshed through the HD radio signals (depending on traffic conditions). Since traffic updates are through HD radio they are, according to Cydle, 10 times faster than AM/FM signals, thereby eliminating “static snapshots”.
  • Good news we've been waiting for.......The new TTS voice guidance software revision is ready to be tested in the US. I don't know if there are minor problems if it will be held up or corrected in a future revision.

Some of the changes are as follows:

Map View (3D) (change applied since last test release 0.12.50)
    Sky view option as default.

Voice guidance (change applied since last test release 0.12.50)
    English US – Emma voice profile as default.

Using Loquendo pre-recorded voice tokens – changed some of the vocabulary used and the timing of some guidance. For example, our current voice prompt "in 0.2 miles, turn left", changes to "after one quarter mile, turn left”.

Upgrading to latest Loquendo TTS engine 7.7.1

House # pronunciation: changed to use a more natural American English

The pronunciation has improved but they are still looking at it.

I really liked the unit in the very short time I had it and was impressed that Cydle read our postings and considered all our requests. Mine went back but I still would consider repurchasing it if the TTS is comparable to others. I was impressed that Cydle routing used the shortcuts I took to work unlike other GPS I have owned or tried.
  • papa 0 Points
    In addition, there are more updates in the works. The Engis 3-D views are very impressive.

This has been mentioned before, but it's worth posting the link again:
    engistech.com/products/gogo3d.htm

The extended wait period will be worth it. Their staff is top-notch and eager to respond to questions/concerns. They've proven that.

Also from Cydle:
    Cydle is about to introduce the I-20G GPS navigation car kit for IPhone/Ipod. Among the extra features are battery backup and external speakers. The user can download various maps, including Cydle 3D Real-View, from app stores. Price is not available yet, but will be very reasonable.
  • papa 0 Points
    CYDLE T43H UPDATE WILL BE AVAILABLE THURSDAY, JUNE 24 !!

I will post the exact link later.

The following will be included in the update. Some have already been mentioned in an earlier post by luckybirman.

Changes/enhancements to T43H from previous GM release 01.00.03 and current GM release: 01.00.04:Map View (3D) (change applied since last test release 0.12.50) ------
    * Skyview option is now default.
    * Voice guidance (change applied since last test release 0.12.50)
    * English US – Emma voice profile as default.
    * Using Loquendo pre-recorded voice tokens – changed some of the vocabulary used and the timing of some guidance. For example, our current voice prompt <in 0.2 miles, turn left>, changes to ‘after one quarter mile, turn left”. This also means there will be a difference in the vocabulary used for non-TTS and TTS.
    * Bit rate: moved from standard bit rate to a higher quality one– this increases the quality but uses more space: increase of ~20MB
    * Commas –included commas in the sentence as suggested by Loquendo
    * Upgraded to latest Loquendo TTS engine 7.7.1
    * House number pronunciation: changed to use a more natural American English
    * Added a slight pause between the preposition and Street Name; e.g., After a quarter mile, turn left, onto <PAUSE> <Market Street>
    * New value, suggested by Loquendo, used for controlling the speed at which US Names (streets, POI, highway names) are pronounced.

More updates will be forthcoming later from Cydle.
  • Ted 0 Points
    Nice, cant wait to try the new features out on the 24th.
    Are we getting new maps too?

I also found, that if I set a traffic station manually and then look at the incidents (details view), that the traffic station FM frequency changed.
    Auto scan was OFF. Can someone confirm that on their unit?
  • papa 0 Points
    Nice, cant wait to try the new features out on the 24th.
    Are we getting new maps too?
    This update is only for SW/OS/TTS. A map update will be out in the near future. I do not know the date yet. Be sure to follow the update procedure exactly (it will included with the update).
    I also found, that if I set a traffic station manually and then look at the incidents (details view), that the traffic station FM frequency changed. Auto scan was OFF. Can someone confirm that on their unit?
    Ted, I use Auto scan all the time. Never had a problem. Incredible traffic incident detail. By default, traffic incidents are sorted by distance (to the incident), but they can be sorted alphabetically with a click on the 'A' button.
  • papa 0 Points
    Here's the link to the new Cydle I20G and I30.

cydle.com/product_i_srs.aspx
  • papa 0 Points
    edited June 2010
    IT’S FINALLY HERE! GO GET IT!

Here is the link for the Cydle T43H update:
    http://www.cydle.com/support_dnCenter.aspx?pt=cyd

Please note that you have one of two operating systems on the T43H:
    T43H_v3_4_21_0 through T43H_v3.4.24_0
    and
    T43H_v3_4_25_0

You should check the OS version on your device to determine which update to download (this information is also on the update page).

Here’s how to check which OS you have:
    After booting the unit, click “Setting”, “System Info”. Then next to “OS Version”, note the last few numbers. You can also look at the numbers next to “SW Version”. That will be the same info. Then download the appropriate update on the update page.

Please read the update instructions carefully. Be sure to back up your current configuration!

Revised:
    If your version is T43H_v3_4_21_0 through T43H_v3.4.24_0, then download:
    Navigation Map + App update (Including TTS update)
    This will update your T43H to date.

If your version is T43H_v3_4_25_0, then download:
    OS & Software Update (T43H_v3_4_25_0_100614MP_LIC )

The "LIC" at the end of the file is your original licensed version.
  • Ted 0 Points
    Papa,

so if I currently have the "old" 3.4.21 version then I only download the
    "Navigation Map + App update (Including TTS update)" package and NOT the
    "OS & Software Update (T43H_v3_4_25_0_100614MP_LIC )" package?

Is the 3.4.25 only for people with "newer" devices?

Thanks.
  • papa 0 Points
    edited June 2010
    Is the 3.4.25 only for people with "newer" devices?
    I'm still awaiting the answer to that question from Cydle, but that seems to be logical.
  • papa 0 Points
    After downloading and applying the T43H update, I can confirm that it works as stated. TTS has been fixed. The unit speaks a tad slower and is very clear – the higher quality bit rate evidently made a difference. I like the “after one quarter mile, turn left onto Peachtree Street” prompt instead of “in 0.2 miles, turn left”. The house/business number pronunciation now says, “twenty four fifteen” (instead of “two thousand four hundred and fifteen”) and also lets you know which side of the street the destination is on. For my home address and my test destinations, it was exactly on target. There were no reboots or error messages. The routing module was not changed in this update. I understand that power and battery life was enhanced in this release.

A little more information:
    HD traffic information, using Auto scan, reported several incidents (one was on my route). When an incident occurs on your route, a small triangle shows up on the screen with a number inside it. This number indicates how many incidents (on your route) have occurred. The one on my route was a car accident 23 miles ahead. Clicking the Details button showed detailed information about the incident. In this case, it said that the incident “should be cleared in about 30 minutes”. When I passed through where the accident was, it had just been cleared. Of course, it gave me the option to detour (I chose not to detour). As usual, the graphics on the T43H are incredible and the different color options are nice. When traveling, I also like the “30 mile” and “1 mile” prompts (which was already on the unit). I’m looking forward to their 2010 map update in a few weeks.
  • philgood 0 Points
    I'm on 3.4.20, so I just need to download T43H_v3_4_21_0_091026MP_LIC.zip, right?
  • papa 0 Points
    Papa,

so if I currently have the "old" 3.4.21 version then I only download the
    "Navigation Map + App update (Including TTS update)" package and NOT the
    "OS & Software Update (T43H_v3_4_25_0_100614MP_LIC )" package?
    Ted, you are absolutely correct. My error. Sorry for the confusion. Seems like my brain went on furlough. Yes, you should download "Navigation Map + App update (Including TTS update)".

The "OS & Software Update (T43H_v3_4_25_0_100614MP_LIC )" is your original configuration. I found that out the hard way. :oops:
  • papa 0 Points
    I'm on 3.4.20, so I just need to download T43H_v3_4_21_0_091026MP_LIC.zip, right?
    No. After much confusion, I found that you need to download
    "Navigation Map + App update (Including TTS update)". The
    T43H_v3_4_21_0_091026MP_LIC.zip file is your original configuration.
  • Papa - I have a newer unit that shows T43 ver 3.4.24.0 27/05/10 ver 04.00.18. Is that what it is supposed to be ?
    I am going to test out the traffic tomorrow. I see the TTS voice is Susan, the same as Tom Tom, who own Tele Atlas. I thought the original voice was a man the last time I had this unit in February (or March). In the house it sounded louder, but I had to set it to 85-90% unlike before when 100% was still too low.
    Did you remark previously that when you go into the setiings menu and change one, it sends you back to the main menu and you have to renavigate to the settings (a few screens) again to change another ? I am speaking of the settings through the navigation icon, not the one at the bottom on the far right. Thanks !!
  • papa 0 Points
    Papa - I have a newer unit that shows T43 ver 3.4.24.0 27/05/10 ver 04.00.18. Is that what it is supposed to be ?
    Yes, according to the update page. That should be the latest version prior to this update. You will need to download "Navigation Map + App update (Including TTS update)" to get the new update.
    I am going to test out the traffic tomorrow. I see the TTS voice is Susan, the same as Tom Tom, who own Tele Atlas.
    Correct.
    I thought the original voice was a man the last time I had this unit in February (or March)
    Not to my knowledge.
    Did you remark previously that when you go into the setiings menu and change one, it sends you back to the main menu and you have to renavigate to the settings (a few screens) again to change another ? I am speaking of the settings through the navigation icon, not the one at the bottom on the far right. Thanks !!
    Actually, it takes you back to the map. At least mine does with the new update. Then, from the map, tap Menu, Settings.
  • papa 0 Points
    edited June 2010
    To help clear up confusion regarding the T43H version numbers.....
    According to Cydle, there are OS versions 3.4.20, 3.4.21 and 3.4.24. There are NO versions 3.4.22 and 3.4.23. Version 3.4.25 is still in production. I do not know the differences between the versions. Again, according to Cydle, "Because of hardware differences, 3.4.20, 3.4.21 and 3.4.24 cannot be updated to a later version."

Sound confusing? :wink:
  • Ted 0 Points
    Downloading... 1.7GB.... its slow. Their server must be getting hit hard with downloads. I dont get near my 2.5MB/s I usually get. 250kb/s :(

Anyway, if I understood your last post correctly Papa, then there is a hardware change in the newer T43H devices that makes the 3.4.25 version incompatible for us "early adopter, 3.4.21 guys"?

Does that mean we are going to be left out in the cold on future updates
    or will they do 2 versions for each update in the future, one for the old guys and one for the new hardware?

Thanks.
  • I would really love to believe the transfer is slow because "their server is really getting hit right now", but with still only one real supplier in the USA (two branches of same company), and those same 5 reviews still on Amazon, I doubt that is the reason. I think Cydle has to do a major job to promote this unit which they have spent a lot in developing. This is really a beautiful GPS which I only learned about it in January through this forum, and couldn't find any other information on the internet !!
  • papa 0 Points
    Does that mean we are going to be left out in the cold on future updates or will they do 2 versions for each update in the future, one for the old guys and one for the new hardware? Thanks.
    No, we will not be "left out in the cold". Whatever their method for updates, be assured Cydle will not abandon us. There will be a new map update in the next few weeks. I have been in constant contact with Cydle since I first heard about them. They have always followed through and have answered each and every one of my emails promptly. They are committed to seeing that we users are satisfied with our units. Thay's why I have "stayed the course" with them. Hang on, Ted, it's only going to get better. :D
  • papa 0 Points
    I think Cydle has to do a major job to promote this unit which they have spent a lot in developing. This is really a beautiful GPS which I only learned about it in January through this forum
    They are working diligently to fill all the gaps. They want our input. Cydle is a large corporation doing major technological work for the subway systems in Korea and Japan plus other high tech endeavors. The T43H is only going to get better. Their support staff will answer any questions you may have. Cydle will have a Bluetooth version later this year and a new T43H 2010 map will be out in a few weeks. Check out their I-20G series. As soon as I receive new information, I will post it asap! :wink:
  • Ted 0 Points
    Would be nice to have the Fastest/Shortest route side by side displayed.

With distance and time for each. Maybe also mileage Hwy-limited access vs non Hyw for each. Maybe have a 3rd route option where the GPS disregards all constraint settings.

Also, a setting to overlay traffic on the current map instead of a separate map. Google and most other websites do it. Or at least have an option to keep the car centered on the traffic map to that if moves with your progress.

Those would be some nice enhancements in my opinion.
  • papa 0 Points
    Those would be some nice enhancements in my opinion.
    Good suggestions, Ted. Cydle is monitoring this forum. They are listening to us.
  • Ted 0 Points
    Thanks Papa.

Is there a way to set up a poll so people could vote on features?

Also, finished the update. This is the Nav app update only. My OS system version is still 3.4.21. Is there a way for us to go to a newer OS like 3.4.24 or 25? Will there be an OS update for us shortly?

What are the differences, fixes, updates in those newer versions?
  • papa 0 Points
    Is there a way to set up a poll so people could vote on features?
    Probably. I've never done a poll. Maybe someone else can guide you on that.
    Also, finished the update. This is the Nav app update only. My OS system version is still 3.4.21. Is there a way for us to go to a newer OS like 3.4.24 or 25? Will there be an OS update for us shortly?

What are the differences, fixes, updates in those newer versions?
    Please read my earlier post regarding that subject. My version is 3.4.21 also.
  • papa 0 Points
    T43H UPDATE CLARIFICATION:

If your version is 3.4.20.0, you should apply the “OS & Software Update” first. Then apply the “Navigation Map + App update (Including TTS update)”.

If your version is 3.4.21.0, you do not need to apply the “OS & Software Update”. Just apply the “Navigation Map + App update (Including TTS update)”.

If your version is 3.4.24.0 and later, you do not need to download anything. You already have the most recent update.

There are no versions 3.4.22.0 and 3.4.23.0.
  • Ted 0 Points
    Music: random play whole directory tree / sub-dirs, equalizer (3 or 5 band) for MP3 and HD radio (separate setting for each)

Map: overlay traffic, show current road on bottom of screen (even if not in navigation mode)

Side by side route summary with no constraint route as 3rd option

Maybe a button like: "Current road has bad traffic" and then a new screen with button for how many miles you think the traffic is bad, like 1,3,5,10 miles. Or, for roads where the GPS knows the speed limit and it "sees" that your current speed is considerably less (50%+) for several (3-5) minutes, it could automatically suggest a new route not using the current road.
  • papa 0 Points
    Music: random play whole directory tree / sub-dirs, equalizer (3 or 5 band) for MP3 and HD radio (separate setting for each).
    Good suggestions. I've never used the movie player or the music player, but Mama has been very eager (Southern term for "demanding") to use them.
    Map: overlay traffic, show current road on bottom of screen (even if not in navigation mode).

Side by side route summary with no constraint route as 3rd option.

Maybe a button like: "Current road has bad traffic" and then a new screen with button for how many miles you think the traffic is bad, like 1,3,5,10 miles. Or, for roads where the GPS knows the speed limit and it "sees" that your current speed is considerably less (50%+) for several (3-5) minutes, it could automatically suggest a new route not using the current road.
    There's a 2010 map update in the works now. Hopefully these suggestions will be considered. I've heard that the map update will be awesome!
  • Hey Papa~

Just wanted to say that I think you're quite a trooper, with all the posting and updates you've done on this forum. It's obvious you love your Cydle! In fact, I read through everything and almost got one based upon what you've written. In the end, I bought the MotoNav, but it was real close! If the multimedia functions were of any interest at all, I may have bought the Cydle!

Anyway, I just wanted to give you props for being a one-man forum! That's the kind of passion that makes this site so good. Cydle should also send you some "freebies" for all your had work and dedication! :wink:

Have a blessed day!
  • papa 0 Points
    Hey Papa~

Just wanted to say that I think you're quite a trooper, with all the posting and updates you've done on this forum. It's obvious you love your Cydle! In fact, I read through everything and almost got one based upon what you've written. In the end, I bought the MotoNav, but it was real close! If the multimedia functions were of any interest at all, I may have bought the Cydle!

Have a blessed day!
    Thanks! Take another hands-on look at the T43H....especially when the Engistech 3D map update becomes available in the near future. In one of my earlier posts, you'll find the link for Engistech. Bluetooth version is coming, also. Best customer support in the business, IMO.

Hope you have a blessed day, also! :D

• Anyway, if I understood your last post correctly Papa, then there is a hardware change in the newer T43H devices that makes the 3.4.25 version incompatible for us "early adopter, 3.4.21 guys"?
    Yes, Papa is correct. There are 2 hardware versions of the Cydle T43H, 3.4.21 and 3.4.25. We will definitely have updates for BOTH hardware versions, when new updates are released. The version numbers does not have any affiliation to the "build date" or how recent or new the OS & Software files are. The numbers are assigned to be easily identified for our office purposes only. Version 3.4.21 works just the same as version 3.4.25.

The OS & Software files are not updates but a copy of the original configurations installed in the T43H units, so users are able to reapply the original OS & Software if necessary. Currently the only update that we have released is the Navigation Map & App update, which can be downloaded and is compatible for all configuration versions.

Sorry for all the confusion everybody!
  • Ted 0 Points
    Question for Cydle Staff:

Are you allowed to tell us what changed in the new Hardware design?

If not, could you tell us if it is affecting HiFi sound quality?

I am using my Cydle as 70% music player / HD radio and 30% Nav system since I usually know where I am going in my day to day drives.

However, as music player, the quality is not what I have hoped for.

If you would tell me that the sound quality improved considerably with the new hardware design, then I would consider selling my current version and getting the new one.

Thanks for any info on that.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    @ Papa: I will 2nd Thunderlizard's comment/sentiments -
    I just wanted to give you props for being a one-man forum! That's the kind of passion that makes this site so good. Cydle should also send you some "freebies" for all your had work and dedication!
    As I mentioned a couple months ago the Cydle unit I would be interested in is the T43H w/Bluetooth. Like TLizard I bought the Moto TN765T and I like what it does and its potential. Unfortunately I have developed some problems with the recent software update and encountered Moto's less than impressive and knowledgeable tech suppport. I don't have a whole lot of money tied up in it and will most likely add a Cydle to the stable when the opportunity presents itself.

Certainly gives customers and potential customers a good feeling to know that a Cydle representative is watching and listening in this forum.
  • I like the wide screen of the Moto, but I could easily live with a 4.3" screen, especially one with good resolution like the CYDLE. The real deal breaker for me was the difference between Tele atlas vs NAVTEQ maps. I'm not convinced I could live with the map errors of Tele Atlas. I rely on this too much for my job.

Besides that, I give the CYDLE the edge on traffic, and I like all the information displayed on the screen without having to go looking through menus. Kind of like gauges on a car vs idiot lights - I prefer gauges any day!

Funny - I thought that a company that's been around as long as Motorola would have the edge on service, vs. a relative newcomer like Cydle. Now I'm not so sure... :shock:
  • papa 0 Points
    edited June 2010
    Funny - I thought that a company that's been around as long as Motorola would have the edge on service, vs. a relative newcomer like Cydle. Now I'm not so sure... :shock:
    The Cydle T43H series is only going to get better! Check out their new I20G.

Also, take a look at their "Partner" page:
    cydle.com/about_partner.aspx
  • papa 0 Points
    Certainly gives customers and potential customers a good feeling to know that a Cydle representative is watching and listening in this forum.
    That's the main reason I have a Cydle. They listen to us and respond.

As an aside, I like the ability to change the Theme colors (Background/Icon/Text) on the T43H.
  • philgood 0 Points
    As an aside, I like the ability to change the Theme colors (Background/Icon/Text) on the T43H.
    I'm with you on that. I just created my own theme and tested it works! All you need to do is to replace the bmp in the "Theme" folder and reinstall the OS.
  • philgood 0 Points
    Here's the screen and template mod up:
  • Cydle folks...Hire the man! ^^^^^^^^^ :D
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    I'd like to know how philgood has the gps mounted and in what vehicle? And I like that he is leveraging that old Palm Pilot stylus or is it an IQue stylus? :lol:
  • papa 0 Points
    Question for Cydle Staff:

Are you allowed to tell us what changed in the new Hardware design?
    From Cydle:
    "For our second production, some internal and hardware components were replaced. During preparation for the second production, the market status changed. Therefore we had to replace some components of the T43H. But the functionality of the T43H for both Hardware/OS versions are exactly the same."
    If not, could you tell us if it is affecting HiFi sound quality?
    I am using my Cydle as 70% music player / HD radio and 30% Nav system since I usually know where I am going in my day to day drives. However, as music player, the quality is not what I have hoped for.
    "As mentioned earlier, the functionality is exactly the same."
    If you would tell me that the sound quality improved considerably with the new hardware design, then I would consider selling my current version and getting the new one.
    "Again, the functionality is exactly the same."

"Thank you for asking these questions."
  • papa 0 Points

I'm with you on that. I just created my own theme and tested it works! All you need to do is to replace the bmp in the "Theme" folder and reinstall the OS.
    Nice job, Philgood, on the theme mods! I may try that myself. Thanks for posting the pics.
  • philgood 0 Points
    I'd like to know how philgood has the gps mounted and in what vehicle?
    It's Volvo XC60. When I first some across Cydle, I know it has lots of potential! Waiting for the 6" (or 7") version of T43H :)

• papa 0 Points
    It's Volvo XC60. When I first some across Cydle, I know it has lots of potential! Waiting for the 6" (or 7") version of T43H :)
    Agreed!

That's the best GPS installation customization I've ever seen! Great job!

Questions:
    How did you mount it so perfectly?? I notice that the case is not seen..or is it? I see only the screen area.

Did you have to do any cutting?

How do you access the external volume buttons, Audio out, power button, and HD Traffic connector?

Looks like that part of the dash was made for the GPS!
  • philgood 0 Points
    I need to cut a hole in the OEM part. Wires are routed behind the dash: antenna cable is laid behind the dash, aux out is routed to the aux input under the arm rest; I also create a trap wire to the reset button on the left hand side of T43H, so I can reset the unit by using a hook like wire. I also use a USB extension cord to get power from the 12V supply, it can also be used to connect to my laptop for music download.

The navigation feature on T43H is light year ahead of OEM nav unit and cost a factor of it. It can also play music and movie :)
  • papa 0 Points
    I need to cut a hole in the OEM part. Wires are routed behind the dash: antenna cable is laid behind the dash, aux out is routed to the aux input under the arm rest; I also create a trap wire to the reset button on the left hand side of T43H, so I can reset the unit by using a hook like wire. I also use a USB extension cord to get power from the 12V supply, it can also be used to connect to my laptop for music download.
    Very nice! Looks like OEM. You must be in the "customization" business! I've taken a few notes on this and am already thinking about how I can do a workaround. My car/truck does not have the setup you have, though.
    The navigation feature on T43H is light year ahead of OEM nav unit and cost a factor of it. It can also play music and movie :)
    Absolutely!
  • philgood - We are VERY impressed with your skills! Cydle staff do have to agree with Papa, it is the best in car installation we have seen so far. Keep up the great work, and we hope you enjoy the T43H!
  • philgood 0 Points
    Thanks, and same to you, keep up the good work at Cydle :D
  • papa 0 Points
    Cydle T43H on youtube. The recent update has addressed the sound/TTS issue as well as other issues.

This shows the T43H HD traffic functions:

Cydle M7 7 inch Android on youtube:

T43H Screenshots:
    http://www.techclicker.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/T43H-Navigation-Screen.jpg

http://www.techclicker.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Cydle-T43H-Menu.jpg

http://www.techclicker.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/T43H-Radio-Interface.jpg
  • Ted 0 Points
    Papa, Cydle

do you know if there are other updates or new functionality in the works outside the NAV App?

New utilities (maybe a notepad, trip log), playlist support (.m3u files), more video/audio codec support (maybe WebM, AAC, Vorbis codec etc...).

Basically, are we in maintenance mode or are we in active enhancement, more functionality mode.

Thanks.