This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Cydle T43H

Comments

• papa 0 Points
    Papa, Cydle
    do you know if there are other updates or new functionality in the works outside the NAV App?
    The only thing I'm aware of at the moment is Engistech 3D maps as seen here
    Basically, are we in maintenance mode or are we in active enhancement, more functionality mode.
    IMO, we are in both modes.
  • Ted 0 Points
    Papa, the 3D maps look nice. I wonder how practical they are if buildings and "trees" block/hide streets but we will see.

It must be an insane amount of data to have true building and landscape shapes. I expect the outline/shape and number of stories to be correct for it to be counted as "real world" / helpful.

If it is just random buildings, then I dont see the benefit.

I assume it will be too much data for internal storage and probably has to go onto the SD card. My old Lowrance 600c already had satellite images on its 30GB HDD back in 2006/7 the way Google and others do it. It was a nice feature especially with the VGA (640x480) 5 inch screen. The Lowrance was an amazing device, just way too heavy and bulky since there was no "cheap" SD storage for 30GB back then so it used a hard disk.
  • papa 0 Points
    Papa, the 3D maps look nice. I wonder how practical they are if buildings and "trees" block/hide streets but we will see.

I assume it will be too much data for internal storage and probably has to go onto the SD card. My old Lowrance 600c already had satellite images on its 30GB HDD back in 2006/7 the way Google and others do it. It was a nice feature especially with the VGA (640x480) 5 inch screen. The Lowrance was an amazing device, just way too heavy and bulky since there was no "cheap" SD storage for 30GB back then so it used a hard disk.
    I don't have the answers yet, but allow me to respond with this recent email from Cydle:

"Cydle and Engistech are currently working on the 3D Map for the U.S. Engistech is our partner in a special relationship, not just only in the relationship of Licensee and Licensor. Cydle is giving much effort to the development of the 3D map. We are currently working on a launch date. The T43H has a high performance CPU (main processor) and is quite capable of displaying the 3D map very efficiently. You do not have to replace the device. The T43H can run 2D and 3D while we pursue further development and enhancements on the T43H."

A bluetooth version of the T43H (T43HB) will be available in the near future.
  • Ted 0 Points
    First of all thx so much Papa for all your responses!

I used the system quite a bit on the weekend.
    Things I noticed:

TTS: on 3 digit road numbers e.g. I-495 or VA-193, the first digit is REALLY hard to understand as well as the VA (should be V,A,1,9,3) instead its pronounced like it is one word instead.

IMPORTANT NEW Feature request:
    Add a MUSIC button on the NAV screen (maybe underneath the traffic signal) that takes you immediately to the HD Radio or Music player screen (depending which one is running in the background). If neither is running, the button should not be shown. Then, if I hide the HDR or Music player, go back to NAV.

It takes WAY to many "clicks" to change the radio station when in NAV mode ( I think 6 clicks). It could be done with 2 only.

I was driving in NAV mode on the weekend and wanted to change the HD Radio station several times, it took so long and so many clicks, it almost made me crash.

Now clicks: 1 Menu-> 2 Hide Nav-> 3 HD Radio-> change station -> 4 Hide HD -> 5 select NAV -> 6 back from Menu -> Nav screen.

NEW: 1 Music button -> HDR or MP3 screen/change Station -> 2 Hide -> Nav screen

Also, the speed warning is great but there are some streets where EVERYBODY just goes 15-20 mph over. The Cydle already shows the speed on the screen. Would be great if I could click that sign to mute and un-mute the warning messages. There are also some parts where the Cydle has the wrong speed info (too low) and it gets annoying if you "cross the speed line" several times.

I would really appreciate it, if Cydle would make a list of all the enhancement request from this forum and then let us know what they would consider.
    I rather get a NO or likely NO then no answer at all.

Thx, just trying to make things better/easier and user friendly.
    I am a software dev myself, I know that some of my requests can be implemented in a matter of hours/few days.
  • papa 0 Points
    TTS: on 3 digit road numbers e.g. I-495 or VA-193, the first digit is REALLY hard to understand as well as the VA (should be V,A,1,9,3) instead its pronounced like it is one word instead.
    I haven't noticed that, but I'll check it out closely later this week.
    Add a MUSIC button on the NAV screen (maybe underneath the traffic signal) that takes you immediately to the HD Radio or Music player screen (depending which one is running in the background). If neither is running, the button should not be shown. Then, if I hide the HDR or Music player, go back to NAV.
    Great suggestion! In order to implement it with the buttons, I would suggest that the T43H offer the option to turn off any or all of the onscreen details (speed, GPS signal strength, ETA, etc.) that show at the bottom of the screen. It would free up screen space to add new buttons.
    Also, the speed warning is great but there are some streets where EVERYBODY just goes 15-20 mph over. The Cydle already shows the speed on the screen. Would be great if I could click that sign to mute and un-mute the warning messages.
    But wouldn't that defeat the intended purpose (assuming you're keeping your eyes on the road)?
    There are also some parts where the Cydle has the wrong speed info (too low) and it gets annoying if you "cross the speed line" several times.
    That could easy happen if the current road is under maintenance or some other condition. In my area, there are new roads or roads that are always under construction and the speed limits vary. Probably a new map update would remedy the problem. There should be one out shortly. Also, I would like to see the current speed (not the speed limit) show a little larger onscreen. It's a little too small for my eyes.
    I would really appreciate it if Cydle would make a list of all the enhancement request from this forum and then let us know what they would consider.
    Cydle monitors this forum regularly. I feel certain they are taking notes on all our suggestions.
  • Ted 0 Points
    Papa, did you get a chance to test the 3 digit highway numbers yet?
  • papa 0 Points
    Yes. Sorry for the late response. It was a hit and miss thing for me, but I agree with you. It's a little hard to understand, but it's better since the update.

Cydle will be reading this and they should make a response.

Also, according to Cydle:
    "The I20G for iPhone and iPodtouch is our next GPS model and will be available soon in the market."

Seems that a segment of the market is heading in that direction, but IMO, Cydle should concentrate more on the T43H at this point for map updates, and get the Bluetooth version ready.
  • Ted 0 Points
    Here are more observations from my last trips:

The NAV app crashed twice within 30 minutes (I was back in the main menu and had to restart the NAV app, did ask me to AGREE etc). Not sure why but it was stable the rest of the time (maybe bad traffic data, but it should handle that).

Auto ZOOMING.... needs improvement. The auto zooming on NAV points (turns) zooms in too late and zooms out WAY too early. Add about 1/2 mile before and after for the zoomed in part. I think its unusable right now, especially on high speed intersection/turns on highways going 70+ mph.
    The zoomed in part displayed for less than 5 seconds.

AutoZoom on speed works but I like it configurable. It only goes from I think 100 to 300 feet (scale). I would like to be able to set my scale each 15 mph.
    0-15, 15-30, 30-45, 45-60, 60-75, 75-90.
    When I go 75-85mph on the turnpike, I would like to see the "big picture" like a 2 or 4 mile scale and not 300 ft.

Also again would be nice to see traffic on the "main" map, especially when I am in a 2 mile scale.

Sometimes I wish I could be product manager, I would make a kick a$$ Nav system ;)
  • papa 0 Points
    Here are more observations from my last trips:

The NAV app crashed twice within 30 minutes (I was back in the main menu and had to restart the NAV app, did ask me to AGREE etc). Not sure why but it was stable the rest of the time (maybe bad traffic data, but it should handle that).
    I haven't seen that scenario...yet.
    Auto ZOOMING.... needs improvement. The auto zooming on NAV points (turns) zooms in too late and zooms out WAY too early. Add about 1/2 mile before and after for the zoomed in part. I think its unusable right now, especially on high speed intersection/turns on highways going 70+ mph. The zoomed in part displayed for less than 5 seconds.

AutoZoom on speed works but I like it configurable. It only goes from I think 100 to 300 feet (scale). I would like to be able to set my scale each 15 mph:
    0-15, 15-30, 30-45, 45-60, 60-75, 75-90.
    When I go 75-85mph on the turnpike, I would like to see the "big picture" like a 2 or 4 mile scale and not 300 ft.

Also again would be nice to see traffic on the "main" map, especially when I am in a 2 mile scale.
    Ted, I agree with you on these points. Cydle needs to improve the AutoZoom feature. In addition, there are other areas that I would like to see improvements on. More on that later.

We need to compile a list of things we would like to see improved, removed or implemented on the T43H. With all the competition in the GPS field, Cydle needs to be more focused on getting the T43H to the forefront. And the time is now for the bluetooth version.

I hope other posters on this forum will take the time to post their gripes and suggestions for improvements on the T43H, not just in a general way, but being specific. Maybe we could gather the positives and negatives of other brands of GPS units and compile them into one big suggestion list. It may not be cost effective, but at least it's worth a try. I'll compile my list and post as time permits.
  • papa 0 Points
    Sometimes I wish I could be product manager, I would make a kick a$$ Nav system ;)
    Ted, please take a look at the thread here and make a comment. It may help all of us. :D

Also, take a look at this thread. :D
  • papa 0 Points
    Part of an email that I received today. I thought I might share it.

Quote:
    More than half of Korea is on vacation right now (Korea has a vacation "week" that they all take off).

:lol:
  • Ted 0 Points
    Thanks Papa. When I got time again I will add to your other threads :)

You said Cydle is monitoring this thread? I feel a little abandoned here.
    "Hello Cydle! Anybody out there?"

They could at least poke in and say "good points guys" once in a while without making any commitments.

Who are all those Cydle road testers? I cant believe they use that device and say "yeah all perfect". Instead of adding 3D maps, I rather have the existing functionality work to a point where it is usable.
  • papa 0 Points
    You said Cydle is monitoring this thread? I feel a little abandoned here."Hello Cydle! Anybody out there?"

They could at least poke in and say "good points guys" once in a while without making any commitments.

Who are all those Cydle road testers? I cant believe they use that device and say "yeah all perfect". Instead of adding 3D maps, I rather have the existing functionality work to a point where it is usable.
    I agree with you. They do monitor this thread, but I also don't understand why they don't jump in more often (I mentioned that to them recently in an email). I think they are placing too much emphasis on getting the I-20G ready. They should concentrate more on the T43H series, IMO. As in my previous post, they said they were on a week's vacation, but it's been way more than a week since they posted here. The time for them to make more progress on the T43H is *now*. The T43H potential is tremendous and it needs refinement in order to compete in the crowded PND world. The last word that I heard was that they would post responses here on Monday 8/9.
  • Ted 0 Points
    Ok. I hope we will hear something this week.

I have a feeling the T43H did not sell and they dont want to put any more money into it :(

I mean otherwise, they should be thankful that we are giving them feedback to make the unit better. I assume they want to sell more of them ;)

The T43H has a some great functionality.
    UNFORTUNATELY most of it is implemented so poorly that you cant use it.

I am not a big Apple fan because of all the restrictions and dictatorship but in terms of user interface and usability they are pretty much the opposite of Cydle.

But even companies like TomTom dont get it right. A friend has the new XL and I find a ton of stupid things with it as well. For example its asking if you want to avoid toll roads on the route. No other info provided!!!
    How would one know the answer? At least show me both alternatives on the map (color coded) or better, tell what the estimated time difference and mileage between the two options is. If it is a great GPS it could even tell me how much toll to expect (and tell me what date its latest price info is from).
  • dhn 336 Points
    Ted, consider this (and I have a tomtom)......

The application figures a driver either wants toll roads or doesn't. It has no way to know how much a user is willing to pay so it certainly can't maintain that kind of data.

Further, a toll road near me has different rates, depending upon the time of day or night. Trying to have that data imbedded in the map means other information can't be ...... like road detail.

And tomtoms do have the capability, once a route is established to 'show alternative'.

Then it remaps the route and shows the estimated distance and toime to travel the alternative route.
  • Hello everybody, I am a staff of Cydle in Korea. I apologize for the delay in response to your inquiries. We just had our annual summer vacation last week and closed our offices for the entire week. It is customary for companies in Korea to take a week off to enjoy at the beaches or rivers before the summer ends.
    We hope you guys will be able to enjoy your summer outings with our Cydle T43H GPS in hand!

As TED has stated, the 3D map data is larger than the 2D map data. The 3D map release date can be better estimated once we are able to minimize the 3D map data size. We will definitely post any new information when we have a better idea of a release date.

TED, it seems as though you are very knowledgeable and have great interests about software and devices! The MUSIC/HD RADIO shortcut icon you have suggested is a great idea, but not possible at this time. It will take a substantial amount of time to add the Music/HD Radio icon, but most importantly Cydle cannot proceed independently on this project and will have to be completed together with our co-developers Engistech.

In regards to the TTS’s 3 digit pronunciation, Cydle will communicate with Engis and look into this. I will post any information or when we receive any feedback.

We will keep monitoring this forum, and take all input and suggestions provided to attempt to make the best product we can for our consumers.
    Thank you for all your support and patience!
  • papa 0 Points
    edited August 2010
    Yes, and I’m having a similar problem. For example, for a turn on GA 85, the T43H sounds like “G85” (the ‘A’ blends in with the ‘8’). It should pronounce it “G <space>A<space> 85”. Ideally, I would prefer it to pronounce the state name “Georgia” (or Alabama or Florida, etc.) instead of the abbreviation, but that's just IMO.

Here’s a partial suggestion list of what I would like to see added or changed (in no particular order):
    1. Larger ‘current speed’ font (not the speed limit display). It’s way to small and difficult to read on the go.
    2. A 4-5 number/digit password security lock code.
    3. Show railroad tracks on the map (like Navigon).
    4. Have the Turn-by-Turn mode automatically pop up 0.5 mile from the expected turn. As an option, of course.
    5. More real-time icon logos for restaurants, stores, etc.
    6. A quicker method to get to the “Avoid Part of Route” screen.
    7. An option to turn off all/some of the information on the bottom of the map screen.
    8. An option for HD or TMC traffic information (not simultaneously). Probably not feasible nor cost-effective.

Things I could live without:
    1. Movie player.
    2. Music player.
    3. Picture viewer.

Maybe you or someone else can add to the list for Cydle's consideration.
  • On the contra of what Papa's dislike, the multimedia functions are the selling point for me to choose Cydle rather than other GPS device. There are so many "matured" GPS devices out there, it's hard to compete with just the GPS function...

I think the focus should still be on improving the GPS functions as mentioned by other people. Please get the 3D map out ASAP, it's almost going into 3rd quarter of 2010 and our map looks a little dated.
  • Ted 0 Points
    Cydle Staff, I hope you had a great vacation :)

TED, it seems as though you are very knowledgeable and have great interests about software and devices! The MUSIC/HD RADIO shortcut icon you have suggested is a great idea, but not possible at this time. It will take a substantial amount of time to add the Music/HD Radio icon, but most importantly Cydle cannot proceed independently on this project and will have to be completed together with our co-developers Engistech.
    Does that mean the Traffic display in the main map and the auto zoom fix is also something that has to come from Engistech?

I also bought the Cydle because of the HD Radio and Music player.
  • papa 0 Points
    edited August 2010
    On the contra of what Papa's dislike, the multimedia functions are the selling point for me to choose Cydle rather than other GPS device. There are so many "matured" GPS devices out there, it's hard to compete with just the GPS function.
    Actually, I was referring to the main purpose of a GPS to guide us from point A to point B. The multimedia functions are mainly "icing on the cake". But, you're right, they are nice to have....jut not necessary for GPS'ing.
    I think the focus should still be on improving the GPS functions as mentioned by other people. Please get the 3D map out ASAP, it's almost going into 3rd quarter of 2010 and our map looks a little dated.
    Agreed! :wink:
  • TTS: on 3 digit road numbers e.g. I-495 or VA-193, the first digit is REALLY hard to understand as well as the VA (should be V,A,1,9,3) instead its pronounced like it is one word instead.
    As for the TTS’s 3 digit road numbers you and Papa have inquired about, would it be possible for you to inform me of the start and end address where you would encounter the problem? Since we are out of the country, it is hard for us to fully understand without having an example of the issue.

• Does that mean the Traffic display in the main map and the auto zoom fix is also something that has to come from Engistech?
    Ted, The traffic display in the main map and the auto zoom fix is also something that needs to be worked with Engistech. We will definitely see what we can do and look into this matter. Thank you.
  • To add "Music/HD radio" button would be difficult because I guess Engistech may want to keep the app as generic as possible. To made switching app easier, it would be nice to have a "Hide" button on the Nav screen so user can quickly get out of the Nav screen.
  • papa 0 Points
    To made switching app easier, it would be nice to have a "Hide" button on the Nav screen so user can quickly get out of the Nav screen.
    Or maybe just a tap on the Nav screen could reveal a Music/HD Radio button?
    Just thinking here....
  • Ted 0 Points
    The problem here is that Cydle is not in control of the GPS software.

Cydle basically made a touch screen HD radio handheld device based on Windows CE and put applications on it that it licensed from other vendors.

That makes it very difficult to make the different apps interact and talk to each other and make the unit as userfriendly as possible.

The only way around that would be just to license the GPS APIs and map data and write all the screens yourself (Cydle). That way you are in control of the entire unit. The problem with that is, that you need a good software design DEV team and that might be too expensive.

I dealt with a lot of 3rd party vendors, you need to argue about every little software change have millions of meetings and in the end you are not getting what you wanted or its not implemented the way you need it.

About TTS problem, I thought Cydle had USA road testers as stated in previous posts. Isnt it possible to get the TTS info from them.

Just route anywhere from Rockville MD 20853 to Herndon VA, 20170.
    It should route you thru I495 and VA267.

For me the ZOOMING and Traffic is a way bigger problem than the TTS.

What CPU and Graphic processor is in this unit and how much RAM?
  • To add "Music/HD radio" button would be difficult because I guess Engistech may want to keep the app as generic as possible. To made switching app easier, it would be nice to have a "Hide" button on the Nav screen so user can quickly get out of the Nav screen.
    Papa, Philgood, - Thank you for all the great feedback and suggestions. Adding a HIDE button in the Navigation mode is a great idea, and will pass along this suggestion to our engineering team for further review. As previously posted, all modifications to the T43H will have to be discussed with our co-developers, Engistech. Due to this reason, we will not be able to provide when and if we will be making your suggested changes at this moment, but please be confident that we will update you guys with any updated information.

We have relayed all your suggestions regarding the zoom features to Engistech and they are very grateful for all the great inputs. Engistech have provided me with a reply to share with our users on this forum about the “Auto Zoom”
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We’ll examine the suggestion for the Auto Zoom. We’ll check it on the high-speed highway example that the user gives.
    The autozoom-on-speed configuration suggestion seems a little over engineered for the normal user. We need to keep a balance for usability.
    Displaying traffic on the main map is an problem at the moment due to map drawing performance. We need to ensure the map refresh rate, panning, zooming performance is satisfactory.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Just route anywhere from Rockville MD 20853 to Herndon VA, 20170.
    It should route you thru I495 and VA267.
    Thank you. Ted!

For me the ZOOMING and Traffic is a way bigger problem than the TTS.
    Truly understand your meaning. Sorry for this inconvenience.

What CPU and Graphic processor is in this unit and how much RAM?
    For Hardware specification of T43H,
    CPU : Samsung IC (ARM9) 533 MHz and 128 DDR RAM & 2 G NAND Flash memory
  • papa 0 Points
    From zip 36867 to zip 36303, traveling on U.S. 431 South…
    U.S. 431 South is a direct route to Dothan, Alabama from Phenix City, Alabama. On this route (U.S. 431 S), there are several instances where the T43H will prompt me to turn when the road is only about to round a curve. On this route, I should receive no prompts to make any turns until I get to zip 36303.

And as I mentioned in an earlier post, for a turn on GA 85, the T43H sounds like “G85” (the ‘A’ blends in with the ‘8’). It should pronounce it “G <space>A<space> 85”. This happened traveling from AL-8 EB to Exit 1 GA-85.

When viewing the turn-by-turn list and tapping on a turn on a page other than the first page, the unit will default back to the first page after 20 seconds. I would prefer it to stay on the page that I am on until I exit the turn-by-turn list.

Map graphics and choice of map colors are great as well as very sharp text.
  • Ted 0 Points
    Thanks Cydle Staff for passing along our suggestions.

The auto zooming might be a little over engineered. They could just have 3 settings. Zoom scale for slow, medium, fast speed.

I would set slow to 100 (0-30mph), medium to 300 (30-55), and 2 mile for 55+ but let the user be able to change them in a screen.

I cant believe the traffic is a map drawing speed issue. Dont show the traffic below a 650 feet scale. I would say on a 50-150 scale the unit draws much more (street details, names etc...) on at 650+ all the small streets dont get drawn any more. I just need a little green/yellow/red line to show on the major streets around me. It seems odd that this takes more power than all the detail at bigger zoom levels.

As far as the "on turn ZOOM" goes: the zoom before the turn is OK, the problem is, it switches immediately back after the turn. There are some ramps that divide several times on the big highway intersections and I would like to see where to go but it switches back to my 2 mile scale just when I enter the ramp. The solution: zoom out .25 or .5 miles after the turn, not immediately.
  • Ted 0 Points
    So there is enough speed/power to draw 3D buildings, trees etc like in the 3D screenshots but not enough to show a thin red line on the interstate 5 miles ahead of me on my route?

Does that make sense to anyone?
  • Ted, Thanks for your honest input.
    Please understand that we are doing the best we can to satisfy our users.
    We have been working diligently to provide 3D maps .We definitely understand your statement regarding adding a line to show your route and adding user option for "Auto zoom". we are working efficiently to look into this suggestion. But, to be honest, we cannot sure how much can improve this and when it can be completed.
    Your understanding is greatly appreciated. :D
  • jinyang 0 Points
    do not know if cydle will stay in us to much longer. they try hard but do not show advertising. to bad papa
  • papa 0 Points
    do not know if cydle will stay in us to much longer. they try hard but do not show advertising. to bad papa
    Please provide a link to your source.
  • jinyang 0 Points
    saw post here few weeks ago http://www.gpsreview.net/cydle-t43h/
  • papa 0 Points
    saw post here few weeks ago http://www.gpsreview.net/cydle-t43h/
    I saw that link. Is this what you are referring to?
    "read cydle might be shutting down in US due to complete lack of sales. have you heard anything about it."
    Nothing concrete in that inquiry. No link was provided.
  • Hi jinyang,

Thank you for your post, but I don't know where Mr. Greg Johanson is receiving his information but Cydle will not be shutting down. :D
    We are actually in the final stages of releasing some new products in the fourth quarter of this year, and plan on being very busy with the attention our products will bring. We are very excited about out M7 MultiPAD, a 7 inch Android OS tablet, i20 GPS for your iPhone/iPod and i30 Mobile TV also for your iPhone/iPod.

Thank you for your concerns and post any additional questions you might have!
  • Ted 0 Points
    Hi guys, thought I check in to see whats new and there isnt anything :(

So whats the deal? Dead? Will there be any updates/improvements/fixes or "move on nothing to see here" kinda deal?

Whats happening with 3D maps or newer 2D map data with new POI data?
  • papa 0 Points
    ...thought I check in to see whats new...
    Ted, here's the latest from Cydle:

"Cydle, working with EnGIS, will release a new engine and 2010 data (release 2010.3) soon to T-43H users in North America. It will have more advanced routing, guidance (including the new Advanced Lane Guidance (ALG) and Signpost feature), better search (including mid-word search for POI name), more POI's, faster zooming/panning, better screen resolution, one-way direction arrows included at large scales, and more."

That's all the information I have at the moment, but it appears to be some major updates. Just in time for the upcoming holiday season. :)
  • Ted 0 Points
    Hi Papa, good to see you are still monitoring this thread.

Sounds like a lot of promises, I hope they will follow through.

"better screen resolution" ??? That would be hardware not software, unless the current app does not use the full screen resolution which is hard to believe.

Will this be free or do we have to pay for this update? I doubt I will be investing more money. So it better be free or under $20 bucks but then again if I would have to pay, I would like to see a good demo and screen shots before I would commit to it.
  • papa 0 Points
    The update is free. Cydle will need to address the "better screen resolution" comment.

All I do is pass along any info I receive to this forum. :wink:

You might want to email Cydle for additional info.
  • I enjoy reading about Cydle but haven't seen much posted in months here. Someone wrote that Cydle was leaving the US but never gave a source.
    Papa's postings are always interesting. It's been in the US for almost a year so I wonder how it is selling? Weren't they going to release more units in the 4th quarter 2010?
  • papa 0 Points
    Someone wrote that Cydle was leaving the US but never gave a source.
    Rest assured that Cydle is *NOT* leaving the U.S. I've seen that rumor, also, but it is definitely bunk. Anytime someone posts something like that, just email Cydle (or whoever they refer to) and ask them for confirmation.
    It's been in the US for almost a year so I wonder how it is selling?
    You'll need to contact Cydle for that info. I'm only an end user.
    Weren't they going to release more units in the 4th quarter 2010?
    From what I understand, they will release another update around Thanksgiving. Look for a Black Friday sale on the T43H that will include the new update. Some of the update details are on one of my previous latter posts.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    IMHO Cydle better do something soon to bolster their credibility. The Bluetooth T43H has never materialized in 10 months and all the geek sites have reported on the M7 Android tablet and how good it is and every site I go to that has it 'for sale' in actuality, does not.

Over the past months I moved on and have purchased two different PNDs since my initial interest in the Cydle gps. I also just purchased a 64GB, 3G iPad. Cydle did not get my money this time and I'm sure I am not the only sale they missed. I might still be interested in the M7, but I am not holding my breath! :roll:
  • "Rest assured that Cydle is *NOT* leaving the U.S. I've seen that rumor, also, but it is definitely bunk. Anytime someone posts something like that, just email Cydle (or whoever they refer to) and ask them for confirmation."
    I hope that is true papa because they have many good/original things packed into their T43H, though with all the screen data a slightly larger screen (5") would make it easier to read. I have been waiting to see SOME advertising on their products either in print of on TV.
    Unfortunately Navigon was promoting and had us salivating for their new x300T units especially the 7300T, but they disappeared in the middle of the night (no warning) like the football Colts when they went to Indianapolis. I hope Cydle does not follow Navigon's lead.
    I still don't know why Navigon could not just have reduced the prices on the ones they already had ready to go rather than keep them stockpiled somewhere in a warehouse.
  • papa 0 Points
    "Rest assured that Cydle is *NOT* leaving the U.S. I've seen that rumor, also, but it is definitely bunk. Anytime someone posts something like that, just email Cydle (or whoever they refer to) and ask them for confirmation."
    I hope that is true papa because they have many good/original things packed into their T43H
    I emailed Cydle again a few days ago to confirm their continued presence and marketing the T43H in the U.S. The U.S. sales manager confirmed they will be marketing heavily in the U.S. in the coming weeks/months, including a Black Friday sale. They are working with some major retail stores now. Although I do not have all the update details, he assured me that when the updates are officially released, users will be well pleased with the results.

I learned a long time ago to disregard a rumor about anything unless the person behind the rumor has guts enough to give detailed info about where they got their info.
    ...though with all the screen data a slightly larger screen (5") would make it easier to read.
    I agree.
    I have been waiting to see SOME advertising on their products either in print of on TV.
    Agreed again.

Unfortunately Navigon was promoting and had us salivating for their new x300T units especially the 7300T, but they disappeared in the middle of the night (no warning) like the football Colts when they went to Indianapolis. I hope Cydle does not follow Navigon's lead. I still don't know why Navigon could not just have reduced the prices on the ones they already had ready to go rather than keep them stockpiled somewhere in a warehouse.
    Yeah, I remember that well. I have a 7200T and I wanted the 7300T, also. They left us cold. That's what prompted me to delve into other units....hence the T43H. I hope Cydle will continue to update this GPS to the max. I happen to like the "screen clutter" with all the info at hand, although I would like to see my current speed (not the speed limit) in a larger font. I can live without movie/MP3 players on a GPS. I do like the traffic info. IPhones and Droids are nice, but IMHO, I still prefer the standalone GPS.
  • Papa, I sort of remember from either this forum or an article online from Jan 2010 that Cydle was going to be in Best Buy stores soon. I guess that didn't work out but it's good if they finally worked out a deal with a few (?) others. With the upgrades since the original GPS arrived in January, they will have a better chance now in the market especially if they can keep up their quick email replies and excellent customer service. I'm looking forward to seeing their newer products in the 4th qtr. This is the closest to Navigon that I've seen. I think the Motonav (lack of good) customer service and updating their website is turning people off.
    Thank for all your detailed information and personally keeping this forum alive.
  • papa 0 Points
    ...I sort of remember from either this forum or an article online from Jan 2010 that Cydle was going to be in Best Buy stores soon.
    I forgot to mention in my last post that they are currently working with BestBuy to *hopefully* by Black Friday 2010. I just checked and it's already at Amazon, Buydig, Buy.com, and Cydle. There may be others.
    This is the closest to Navigon that I've seen.
    Agreed!
  • papa 0 Points
    Press release from Cydle:

Cydle M7 MultiPAD Information

Summary: The M7 a MID (Multimedia Internet Device) with WiFi internet access, Multimedia player, free E-Book, Cydle App market, and detachable stand.

Affordability is the focus as Cydle extends its line and ventures into the Android market: Cydle M7 Multi-PAD defines All-in-One (AIO) entertainment eevice with features such as E-Book, video, audio, Wi-Fi and more.

In the midst of all the competition, Cydle (www.cydle.com), the emerging leader in multimedia systems, and one of South Korea's largest electronics makers, is ready to launch a 7-inch Android Multi-PAD, a product that stands apart from the other competitors.

The M7 Multi-PAD, with Android based OS, seamlessly integrates capabilities such as E-book, video playback, and an assortment of multimedia features. It is estimated to be released in November, 2010 in the United States, Europe and Korea simultaneously.

Though the Cydle brand is currently an unfamiliar household name, Cydle, along with Google and Apple, has been nominated and listed as finalists in the "After Market" category of the United States "Telemetrics Award 2010" for Cydle's innovative HD Traffic Updates for GPS navigation technology.

"Watching a movie or reading a book on a Smartphone is restricted due to the size of the screen and sound quality. The M7's seven inch widescreen, coupled with surround sound dual speakers, is designed for the consumer to take part in and enjoy a realistic experience anytime and anywhere", according to Mr. Woody Lee, a representative of Cydle.

The M7's seven inch screen is conveniently bigger in screen size compared to a Smartphone, but weighs less than a netbook, which makes it highly portable for enjoyment of the rich multimedia features packed into the M7.

The most eye-catching feature of the M7 is the unique detachable stand. Currently pending a global patent, this versatile stand was specially constructed with the user's convenience in mind. MID (Mobile Internet Device) users commonly lay these mobile devices on flat surfaces, such as desk or tabletop, or held by hand. The detachable stand will mount onto the M7 for a sturdy, yet comfortable, viewing and hands-free operation. The detachable stand can also be used as a screen cover when collapsed, to protect the screen when mobile.

The M7 works like a PMP in that it will support almost all video codecs, without any conversion, to comfortably play all multimedia files via SD memory card.

The M7 has incorporated a Gravity Sensor that will easily change your viewing layout by supporting both horizontal and vertical views. The horizontal layout is preferable to view the screen much like a book.

The M7's serves as an ideally sized E-book and, consequently, Cydle has pre-loaded the Aldiko application that is packed with more than 120,000 book titles to choose and read on the Multi-PAD. Users will also be able to view .PDF, .TXT, and other document files just as easily.

Mr. Woody Lee emphasizes the versatility of the Multi-PAD by stating, "The M7 has embedded a high quality microphone and speakers that will enable users to place video calls with software such as Skype, without the use of a headset. We have also prepared USB and HDMI ports that will easily provide connections to other devices".

The HDMI feature clearly shows that the M7 can replace the functions of a home video player, PMP, and DVD player.

The Cydle App Square, destination for applications and movie downloads, will be opened and continuously updated for Cydle M7 users.

The M7 is expected to carry a more attractive retail price, compared to the existing Smart Phones and PMP's, and we are looking forward to see how the market will be impacted.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Cydle said: "It is estimated to be released in November, 2010 in the United States, Europe and Korea simultaneously. " My calendar says it is November and it is Nov. 2nd in S. Korea at the moment. :D :D (I know, November ain't over yet...)

One would think Amazon would be offering it on a pre-launch status since this thing is the sounding like the greatest thing since sliced bread, but they are not. I think they know something we don't. :?: :?
  • papa 0 Points
    One would think Amazon would be offering it on a pre-launch status since this thing is the sounding like the greatest thing since sliced bread, but they are not. I think they know something we don't. :?: :?
    One would think so, but who knows? It does sound good. I hope it will be out at least by BF.