This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Cydle T43H

Comments

• Spyder63 231 Points
    :lol: :lol: For the past couple weeks I was thinking about inviting all the Cydle users into the Motorola Motnav Orphans Resistance Group (M-Morg(ue). We haven't had a promised map update since Q4 2009 which was out of date when it hit the streets in March/April 2010. Support and parts are pretty nonexistent as well. The Motonavs are a good gps and still have some promise as a couple forum users have developed enhanced "skins" for our traveling pleasure. A TN765t may still be on sale at Sears for $130. TMC works, but it is Navteq. It is free lifetime with occasional ads, which can be disables with a small "tweak". We have a little hope that the new maps from NNG for IGo Primo will be available via Motorola. Time will tell.

Also available at WalMart.com, but for about $240. They also sell a non-TMC model (TN765) for $129, which caught a few purchasers by surprise when they discovered they did not have TMC.
  • Tim 1465 Points
    I don't want this to be a "I told you so" kind of post, but ts is precisely what I mentioned being concerned about when these hit the market. Since they are not in full control over the software, their cost of entry is low and their hands are tied to a second party for updates. This has happened time and time again with other companies "experimenting" with the GPS market. Even big companies like Harmon Kardon, LG, and Motorola (among others) took the same route and failed.
  • papa 0 Points
    Guys, I'm inclined to agree with you on all points. I have tried to get Cydle to stay focused on the T43H promised update, but nothing seems to get through. IMO, there is really no point in keeping hopes up for future releases. I have repeatedly asked the Cydle reps to at least post *something* on this forum to let users know they really do care. I've made phone calls and send numerous emails to them, and now it appears that I'm gonna hang it all up. What a shame....so much potential down the tube.

I'm happy with my trusty Navigon 7200T (I'm trying to get the Q1 2011 NA map update now). As for another GPS for myself, I'll probably wait until the end of the year and see what's out there and what current costs are. Too bad....Cydle had my hopes up, also.
  • CYDLE - If you are still alive and out there reading our posts, please give us a reason NOW to keep this forum alive and to wait for your many times promised update. Thank you
  • I don't want this to be a "I told you so" kind of post, but ts is precisely what I mentioned being concerned about when these hit the market. Since they are not in full control over the software, their cost of entry is low and their hands are tied to a second party for updates. This has happened time and time again with other companies "experimenting" with the GPS market. Even big companies like Harmon Kardon, LG, and Motorola (among others) took the same route and failed.
    Spot-on market analysis, Tim. You hit the nail on the head with the "cost of entry". The less invested up front, the less important in the overall business plan, the less will be invested down the road - particularly when the "bloom is off the rose" and the market newness has worn off (i.e. sales have slowed) and all that is accomplished by software updates is to satisfy existing, already fleeced, users!
    The current business mantra is mobility - being agile in the market place. That translates, unfortunately to "get in quick, get out quick" to a lot of companies. No lengthy market study, no long term plan, no product longevity analysis. Sure fits Motorola and the Motonav. :(
  • TxBs 0 Points
    So; No more Navigon, No more Motonav, and the Cydel is....old.

What do I get now?
  • Crazy though it is, Navigon is alive, well, and healthy...in Europe! (*DOH*).
    While you can buy the unit overseas, and you can purchase North America maps, you lose traffic functions here in the US (different data system from EU).
    It's funny - the Big Three (Garmin, Magellan, and Tom Tom) are proving pretty effective at keeping other manufacturers impotent in the market place by dropping prices on existing units that do a pretty good job. So, unless you're a professed "techno-geek" (like me! :D ), most folks don't pay the extra for some of the handy bells and whistles offered by new companies at their intro, so sales diminish...and the revenue is not there to support existing units...and they get out. :cry:

I'm with you - while they all function pretty well at the basic task of navigation, I find the Big Three offerings to be kind of blah and uninteresting (JMHO) which is what leads me to folks like Navigon and Motorola.

So, yeah, now what?
  • TomPowers 0 Points
    C.Y.D.L.E. = R.I.P.
  • We apologize for all the inconveniences again.

As posted earlier, we have been very busy with developments.
    We are currently finalizing the specs & designs for new GPS model, T-43H.
    Our target launching date would be coming November, 2011.
    All price, specification, design are not avilable now but will be provided when it becomes available for sure.

Due to new model development, We have not decided on a release date for the map updates yet and will keep you guys posted shortly when the date becomes available.

Again, Sorry for all the incoveniences.
  • TomPowers 0 Points
    November 2011 ?????

To repeat:

C.Y.D.L.E. = R.I.P.
  • Ted 0 Points
    Cydle Staff,

what happened to the software upgrade and new features that were promised for the original T43H that were supposed to be released last February?
    You always said you are very close to a release?
  • papa 0 Points
    I received this email from Cydle Friday evening:

“Today I sent another email to our Chief Engineer for the latest information about the promised update for our current T-43H users:

"Martin:
    I have not heard back from you about the T43H map update for our current Cydle T43H. I have emailed you several times. As I informed you, we have been receiving lots of requests and complaints from current T43H customers. We need a response for our customers with a confirmed release plan as quickly as possible. It's getting to be a serious matter. Please let me know if you have any issues that are holding up the progress for the new T43H map update release. Looking forward to hearing back from you soon. Thanks."

"Cydle will post an update as soon as I hear back from him."
  • gatorguy 224 Points
    They've still found time to complete the next project, their i30 smartphone cradle.
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/24/cydle-i30-cradle-delivers-digital-tv-to-your-iphone-finally-lan/
  • papa 0 Points
    I received these emails today from Cydle:

From Cydle:
    “I have just received an answer from our R/D Chief Engineer about the new T43H map update. His reply is below.”

From R/D:
    "We're now in the development stage for traffic, as well as porting the new map for MX and NAM. We want to be able to apply the new T43H map update shortly. Thanks for your patience with this. "

From Cydle:
    “I have asked our Chief Engineer for a definite timeline. We will keep you posted on our progress and report the timeline back to you.”
  • philgood 0 Points
    I think the major problem is the size of the map as they mentioned earlier. That may also explain why they're coming out of a new T43H, possibly larger internal memory...
  • bobg3723 0 Points
    I purchased a couple of units for it's HD radio and the multiple via capability and I'm wondering if anyone has found 's a way to transfer the itinerary data to and from external storage.

After spending a couple of hours plugging in the data by hand on the display for motorcycle touring purposes (those multiple via's can get very extensive), there's got to be a better way to get the waypoints into and out of the both my T43H's.

Any suggestions on how to do this on a PC instead and later upload it the T43H?

Thank you for any suggestion that can be of help here.
  • Information on Cydle T-43H

HD Live traffic update with TMC (Traffic Message Channel) receives
    real-time traffic services with no delays, and is nearly 10 times faster
    than normal FM traffic updates. Through HD radio reception, the T-43H
    receives the traffic update signal directly. For example, Philadelphia
    has over 20 HD radio stations (including HD 2, HD 3, and sub-channels)
    that are currently operating. You can enjoy all the HD channels from
    your T-43H by plugging the external antenna (included) into the unit.
    There are no extra fees.

Thanks,
  • FnlPrblm 0 Points
    Hello all, I've been following this thread for just over a year now. (I bought mine in February of last year.) I had been fairly pleased with this model, despite some things that could be slightly improved. I'm a courier and delivery person, relying on this on a daily basis. After searching for a good gps for months (from Black Friday of '09 to Feb. of 2010), I settled on the Cydle T-43H after studying up on all it's features and well noticed customer support.

After settling into how everything worked, I liked it fairly well. It has usually been fairly quick on rerouting, within .3 of a mile on destinations and reliable in most weather conditions (ie getting signals on stormy days). The music side was okay as well, though I never could get a HD radio station here in Saint Louis, Missouri (and there are dozens of them).

Sadly, it seems as though my Cydle T-43H has run out life now. :( Last year, the volume button had some issues with not working (but then decided to begin again and has been fine since). About a year ago (only months after buying it), the plug/socket that went from the car charger into the unit was temperamental to the point that in one direction, it will not work. Since it worked by keeping the cord facing/lying in one direction, I didn't want to try and have it sent back and so on because as mentioned before, I use it for work six to seven days a week. But now, the unit itself about two weeks ago began to "brick" (where the unit would not turn on at all, sometimes even after it had just been on and the external power was lost to it and then restored). It's not the battery though, because a couple of times during these past two weeks, I used it without the cord (in order to keep it from moving in the wrong direction and knocking it off).

I was wondering if anyone else had issues like this? I guess I'm flat out of luck as far as the warranty as it's now been three months past the warranty's expiration. :( I had been looking forward to all the new improvements too. I had driven 50k+ miles in this past year with it and had been a tremendous help. I hope those who still enjoy this product, get to do so for awhile longer and get to see all the new enhancements. Meanwhile, I'm at a loss as to whether I should buy another Cydle T-43H or if there is any other suggestions on models which can route you (and have inputs of 20+ stops).

I'd also like to thank Papa who has kept all up to date with all the info to and from Cydle. Your upkeep has been helpful to us all. :)
  • I've only used the GPS a little but use the HD radio and MP3 player feature a lot. It is the entertainment feature on my motorcycle. I have it mounted in a Ram Mount with a clear touch membrane on the front onto the handlebars . I have a bluetooth transmitter and power plugged into it. I have a bluetooth receiver and speakers in my helmet.
    Pros: The radio station preset icons are big enough that I can select stations even with riding gloves on rolling down the highway. Sound is clear enough for most everything I listen too. MP3 icons are too small for me to operate but I just put on shuffle and leave on anyway. Volume is controlled at the helmet so I never need to touch those controls.
    Cons: HD reception is weak but I may just need a better antenna setup. Right now it is just looped around in the tank bag. (Ideas welcome!)
    So far I have only experimented with the GPS riding routs I already know. I have yet to travel outside of my usual daily commutes since I bought it but look forward to challenging it a bit sometime soon on road rallys.
    I realize I am a completely different user than most everyone here but it works great for me and I would hate to see it go away. I can only pair a few devices to my helmet Bluetooth along with my phone so an all inclusive sound system with GPS tied into a single transmitter is a dream come true. Hey Cydle, maybe this could be a niche market with a few minor changes!?!
  • Hey bobg3723,
    What do you do with the antena??
  • I purchased a couple of units for it's HD radio and the multiple via capability and I'm wondering if anyone has found 's a way to transfer the itinerary data to and from external storage.

After spending a couple of hours plugging in the data by hand on the display for motorcycle touring purposes (those multiple via's can get very extensive), there's got to be a better way to get the waypoints into and out of the both my T43H's.

Any suggestions on how to do this on a PC instead and later upload it the T43H?

Thank you for any suggestion that can be of help here.

First, we want to be certain we know exactly what information you want
    to transfer. To transfer your recent destinations and/or any saved
    addresses, we would like to talk to you directly via our toll free
    telephone number at 1-877-810-5818. We are always at your service.

In order to transfer all media files (movie, music, pictures), please
    follow the instructions below:

1. Connect a USB cable from the GPS to the PC
    2. You will receive a “Mass Storage” info pop-up
    3. Click “Yes” to connect to your PC
    4. Your PC should recognize the connection
    5. You can transfer the files in either direction

Please try the above procedures. As I mentioned earlier, you can
    contact us and we can go over it together.

Customer Service: Toll Free 1-877-810-5818

Thank you,
  • bobg3723 0 Points
    edited June 2011
    Thank you Cydle for monitoring this forum.

I think the T34H has the potential to be a worthy competitor to the Nuvi's and Zumo's for the motorcyclist who also wants tunes without having to over-farkle their bike with multiple electronics or pay satellite subscription fees.

There are a lot of software out there, ie. Google Maps, EasyGPS, and others that will allow you to create a route and save it as a series of waypoints to disk in GPX format. I use XMAP which can create routes as well. It's truly gives one a tremendous time saving advantage to visually point a click a map route on the computer screen, save it to a GPX file and upload the file to a Garmin for it to route the waypoints as via's.

I only wish the T34H were also able to load a GPX file residing on the SD card or download through the USB cable for it too route like on some Garmins.

Secondly, the routing function on the T34 alone can be improved tremendously with just an additional menu button feature to insert a via anywhere in the list instead of at the end and then moving it up or down one position in the list at a time - a very tediously repetitive procedure.

I'll be in contact with the good folks at Cydle corporate and try to convince them that these features are what people who create routes for pleasure and business could desperately use.
  • bobg3723 0 Points
    GottarideMN, I wrap my antenna around my tank bag as well.
  • papa 0 Points
    I only wish the T34H were also able to load a GPX file residing on the SD card or download through the USB cable for it too route like on some Garmins.

Secondly, the routing function on the T34 alone can be improved tremendously with just an additional menu button feature to insert a via anywhere in the list instead of at the end and then moving it up or down one position in the list at a time - a very tediously repetitive procedure.
    These are very good suggestions. Contact Cydle and maybe they will include these on their new T43H that (I'm told) will be available in November. I have sent other suggestions as well and hopefully they will consider them for implementation.
  • Hello all, I've been following this thread for just over a year now. (I bought mine in February of last year.) I had been fairly pleased with this model, despite some things that could be slightly improved. I'm a courier and delivery person, relying on this on a daily basis. After searching for a good gps for months (from Black Friday of '09 to Feb. of 2010), I settled on the Cydle T-43H after studying up on all it's features and well noticed customer support.

After settling into how everything worked, I liked it fairly well. It has usually been fairly quick on rerouting, within .3 of a mile on destinations and reliable in most weather conditions (ie getting signals on stormy days). The music side was okay as well, though I never could get a HD radio station here in Saint Louis, Missouri (and there are dozens of them).

Sadly, it seems as though my Cydle T-43H has run out life now. :( Last year, the volume button had some issues with not working (but then decided to begin again and has been fine since). About a year ago (only months after buying it), the plug/socket that went from the car charger into the unit was temperamental to the point that in one direction, it will not work. Since it worked by keeping the cord facing/lying in one direction, I didn't want to try and have it sent back and so on because as mentioned before, I use it for work six to seven days a week. But now, the unit itself about two weeks ago began to "brick" (where the unit would not turn on at all, sometimes even after it had just been on and the external power was lost to it and then restored). It's not the battery though, because a couple of times during these past two weeks, I used it without the cord (in order to keep it from moving in the wrong direction and knocking it off).

I was wondering if anyone else had issues like this? I guess I'm flat out of luck as far as the warranty as it's now been three months past the warranty's expiration. :( I had been looking forward to all the new improvements too. I had driven 50k+ miles in this past year with it and had been a tremendous help. I hope those who still enjoy this product, get to do so for awhile longer and get to see all the new enhancements. Meanwhile, I'm at a loss as to whether I should buy another Cydle T-43H or if there is any other suggestions on models which can route you (and have inputs of 20+ stops).

I'd also like to thank Papa who has kept all up to date with all the info to and from Cydle. Your upkeep has been helpful to us all. :)
    I am sorry to hear that you are having some problems with the Cydle T43H unit. Would it be possible for you to send the unit back to our office for evaluation? We will be more than happy to take a look at your unit so we can bring "life" back to your unit!

Please! Give us a call for shipping address: 714-680-5818
  • bobg3723 0 Points
    I just looked at how many people view this thread. 27140 views. Certainly the T34 is not viewed as dead.

The T34 has some unique features that a motorcyclist would covet. Namely, the MP3 player and the HD radio for music with traffic alerts in one device.

So as a motorcyclist I would like to see a motorcyclist mode for glove friendly button press actions with an emphasis on not needing to take one's eye's off the road for more than a moment, with larger buttons and maneuver graphics and more use of audible annunciations using the text to speech engine.

What I would like to see on the main navigation screen an icon on the lower right hand corner of the screen that changes the navigation screen to a Motorcyclist Mode screen.

The Motorcyclist Mode screen is divided into six icons. Each icon opens a screen. Each screen opened has two exit buttons always present: One to return to the Navigation screen and the other to return to the Motorcycle Mode screen.

Motorcycle Mode screen

Icon 1. The Manuever Screen
    Four large buttons when pressed announcing the (a) current road, (b) the distance to the next maneuver/road with large arrow graphics (left/right, bear left/right, straight, and U-turn), (c) navigation mute, (d) Map shown as track up/North up /3D.

Icon 2. The Sound Control Screen
    Six large buttons for manual volume (a) up, (b) down, (c) music mute, (d) automatic lower bounds volume set, (e) automatic higher bounds volume set, and (f) automatic volume level on/off.
    The automatic volume level is GPS speed controlled.

Icon 3. The Radio Station Memory Selection Screen
    Four large buttons to seek radio station (a) up and (b) down, (c) music (not navigation) mute and (d) automatic radio station memory store that fills all the station memory slots with the highest signal strength stations available.

Icon 4. The MP3 Player Screen
    Four large buttons for MP3 player (a) Previous track, (b) Play/Pause, (c) Next track, (d) Shuffle On/Off.

Icon 5. Return to normal Navigation Screen

Icon 6. Quit navigation.
  • bobg3723 0 Points
    I forgot to mention that the Icon selected will announce itself using text to speech so that one can then use muscle memory to tap the chosen action without taking their eye's off the road.
  • papa 0 Points

Icon 1. The Maneuver Screen
    Four large buttons when pressed announcing the (a) current road, (b) the distance to the next maneuver/road with large arrow graphics (left/right, bear left/right, straight, and U-turn), (c) navigation mute, (d) Map shown as track up/North up /3D.

Icon 2. The Sound Control Screen
    Six large buttons for manual volume (a) up, (b) down, (c) music mute, (d) automatic lower bounds volume set, (e) automatic higher bounds volume set, and (f) automatic volume level on/off.
    The automatic volume level is GPS speed controlled.

Icon 3. The Radio Station Memory Selection Screen
    Four large buttons to seek radio station (a) up and (b) down, (c) music (not navigation) mute and (d) automatic radio station memory store that fills all the station memory slots with the highest signal strength stations available.

Icon 4. The MP3 Player Screen
    Four large buttons for MP3 player (a) Previous track, (b) Play/Pause, (c) Next track, (d) Shuffle On/Off.

Icon 5. Return to normal Navigation Screen

Icon 6. Quit navigation.
    FWIW, although I’m not a motorcyclist, I can see where these suggestions would be very nice indeed! Maybe it’s possible that it can be incorporated into the upcoming new Cydle T43H due in November.

Just curious though…when you say “large buttons”, are you talking about maybe the size of the “Speed Limit” icon? Where would you rather see the buttons (top, bottom, sides)? By the way, what is “muscle memory”?

Actually it’s T43H instead of T34 (I make those kind of key presses often!) :wink:
  • bobg3723 0 Points
    A dyslexic moment I occasionally have. ;-)

Muscle memory is when you have a loose booger and your finger knows just which nostril to start digging into. :P

All joking aside, what I mean by muscle memory is when for instance placing your middle finger on the upper left corner of the T43h case and then tapping the appropriate menu button with your index finger without actually taking your eyes off the road to focus on the actual button. Ergonomics and spatial orientation are vitally important when there are no tactile feedback.

Larger menu buttons are a necessary GUI for gloved fingers.
  • bobg3723 0 Points
    Honestly, Cydle doesn't need to change the user interface. Just design in an extra mode for motorcycle users with "invisible" buttons that occupy regions of a 3 X 3 or 4 X 3 grid arrangement. Each square of that grid overlays the normal navigation screen but with the normal function icons deactivated and replaced with a corresponding function mapped to an invisible button for gloved fingers.
  • bobg3723 0 Points
    If the motorcyclist doesn't know what an invisible button does, he/she can simply tap and hold the button and instead of a command carried out, the text to speech engine will annunciate that button's function instead.
  • bobg3723 0 Points
    Volume control would be attenuated or increased by preset steps on every successive tap. A tap and hold on a volume button will still annunciate its function without carrying out the volume command.
  • You da Man bobg3723
    Agree with it all.
    My biggest beef right now is that when I am in radio, and want to go to GPS, the hide botton is WAY too small. It is tough with just fingers, forget gloves, and no way in hell while in motion.

And I am still having a fit with the HD reception. Going to try different things with the antenna wire.
  • bobg3723 0 Points
    I actually have a Bic pen nestled in an unzippered tank bag pocket that I grab and use it to "stab" at the menu buttons to repeat the next maneuver alert. But some buttons are just too minuscule in size to do that without putting on my reading glasses while pulled off to the side of the road.

My radio reception could be better. It would be nice if there were a fob for the antenna wire to adapt it to a standard radio coax.
  • Does anyone know how the antenna wire connects to the stereo plug? Is it just a single wire to the ground ring? I'm thinking of attaching an FM rubber antenna that can be easily attached to my motorcycle for better reception. Any impedence matching issues?
    Hey Cydel guys, please look into this for me. (I e-mailed you this question a while back, no response) I don't have a big windshield to loop the wire around so I need something else.
  • papa 0 Points
    Does anyone know how the antenna wire connects to the stereo plug?
    Not sure I understand the question, but the antenna cable goes into the uppermost plug on the right side of the T43H.

HTH
  • papa 0 Points
    I would like to see a motorcyclist mode for glove friendly button press actions with an emphasis on not needing to take one's eye's off the road for more than a moment, with larger buttons and maneuver graphics and more use of audible annunciations using the text to speech engine.
    I received an email from Cydle several days ago stating that your idea has been submitted to the R&D team for consideration. Sounds like a great idea and would be a worthy option for motorcycles.
  • bobg3723 0 Points
    I would like to see a motorcyclist mode for glove friendly button press actions with an emphasis on not needing to take one's eye's off the road for more than a moment, with larger buttons and maneuver graphics and more use of audible annunciations using the text to speech engine.

I received an email from Cydle several days ago stating that your idea has been submitted to the R&D team for consideration. Sounds like a great idea and would be a worthy option for motorcycles.
    Thanks for staying in touch with Cydle corporate Papa and keeping the rest of us informed.

A motorcycle friendly feature would be a welcome and worthwhile feature. There aren't many (if any) GPS/HD Radio/MP3 player's on the market. Cydle has the pieces in place. The T43h just needs further refinement.

Many riders are also opting for BlueTooth in-helmet communications these days too. When BT does become part of the next T43 specification there'll be a segment of riders out there that'll give Cydle a look being that they would be able to put the T43h in a Ram AquaBox to make it waterproof.
  • bobg3723 0 Points
    I've been thinking about how an itinerary can be uploaded into the T43h without any additional or very little extra coding by the programmers of the T43h's user interface.

As you know, the T43 is capable of routing a list of multiple intervening destinations between a start and a destination -- the Itinerary list. Being that the T43h has the capability to load the latest database of point's of interest into the unit, then it would seem that a simple application running on a PC can create custom point's of interest to that effect.

It could be as simple as a bunch of coordinates, each with labels for the user to refer to in the list of custom POI's. Then all he/she needs to do is use the POI update function of the T43 to load those labels and coordinates into a custom POI list. Now you have those custom points available to create an itinerary.

Many applications can take different GPS points and rewrite them as comma separated values (CSV), GPS file exchange (GPX), etc. Those file formats can easily be made to conform to Cydle's POI database format.

EasyGPS does that consversion for many GPS formats. Maybe Cydle should contact them to see if they're interested in including the T43h among their list of GPS devices they can transfer routing data into.
  • "Cydle is committed to quality and has been listening to comments and
    suggestions. We do care about our customers and sincerely appreciate
    your continued patience. Our R&D team has confirmed and is currently
    processing the new T43H map update. It will be available in mid-July,
    2011. Details about this update will be available on this forum. The map
    update will be free to current T43H users. We plan to offer two new
    redesigned units in the near future."

I've been thinking about how an itinerary can be uploaded into the T43h without any additional or very little extra coding by the programmers of the T43h's user interface.

As you know, the T43 is capable of routing a list of multiple intervening destinations between a start and a destination -- the Itinerary list. Being that the T43h has the capability to load the latest database of point's of interest into the unit, then it would seem that a simple application running on a PC can create custom point's of interest to that effect.

It could be as simple as a bunch of coordinates, each with labels for the user to refer to in the list of custom POI's. Then all he/she needs to do is use the POI update function of the T43 to load those labels and coordinates into a custom POI list. Now you have those custom points available to create an itinerary.

Many applications can take different GPS points and rewrite them as comma separated values (CSV), GPS file exchange (GPX), etc. Those file formats can easily be made to conform to Cydle's POI database format.

EasyGPS does that consversion for many GPS formats. Maybe Cydle should contact them to see if they're interested in including the T43h among their list of GPS devices they can transfer routing data into.
  • bobg3723 0 Points
    I'm looking forward to that map update, although map updates were never an issue with me per se.

The things that interest me are ways to open the door for added flexibility in allowing for the importation of custom POI created by the consumer.

A motorcycle club as example might want to mark routes that are not necessarily the quickest or the shortest, but simply a custom set of scenic POI's created with Google Maps saved as waypoints to a SD card and transfered into the T43h for it to be routed as an itinerary. I've personally created routes with well over a dozen via's in an intricate pattern crossing over itself over several hundred square files in area.

The point I'm making is that if the T43h can already upload a POI provided by Cydle, why can't it also upload a custom POI created by the user. All it would take is a simple POI editor.

If the POI data format were open and not proprietary then perhaps someone would whip up a quick POI editor in Python, Java, or Perl.

Just kicking around some ideas to chew on.

Thank you for taking the time to participate in this forum.
  • papa 0 Points
    In spite of all the upheaval in the GPS/PND market, it seems that Cydle is committed to move ahead with the the T43H series. From what I understand, one of the upcoming GPS models (T43) will be basic with no HD traffic info and no multimedia. This will be geared to those who just want to get from here to there. The other model (T43H) will be an advanced, redesigned version of the current T43H and will include several new and updated features with Engistech technology. Exactly what those features are, I don't know at this time.

FWIW, even with all the rush to Smartphones/Iphones,etc., with NAV, I believe there still is a niche for standalone PND’s. Yeah, more and more cars are being standardized with a built-in GPS, but IMO the standalone GPS is the way to go, mainly because of portability and easier/cheaper updates or replacement. Some of the built-in systems have a readability issue (sunlight) and, personally, I like to be able to "take it with me". I recently bought a new Hyun*** Elant** Limited for my wife and opted not to get the NAV package. Still feel good about that decision.

And I like the “fluff” at the bottom of the T43H screen (aka Navigon series). Currently, the font sizes are too small, but I understand they are working on that, too. Some other changes/additions have been suggested and Cydle seems to be genuinely interested.

I believe that Cydle plans to be around longer than any of us thought.
  • bobg3723 0 Points
    Consumers in my demographic (motorcycling) who don't have radio, GPS, and XM/Sirius options found in Harley and BMW factory installations tend to end up attaching a mix and match approach of various devices in their jacket pockets, handlebars, and tank bags. The options leave us with dealing with a GPS + XM satellite subscription approach, groping the buttons on an Mp3 player or just doing without.

Cydle is the one company that sought to fill a niche for those of us uninterested in subscription radio who seek a solution covering all bases (GPS, Mp3 player, free radio) without spending for individual devices and further adding to that mix a communication system to pipe in audio with GPS given priority. To make the T43h a step closer to the ideal would entail an audio input jack to channel priority to radar detectors alerts, but I digress. :wink:

Which, ironically if they had a model that actually did audio alert channeling from an accessory like a radar detector they would seriously cut into the market share of the helmet comm electronic market as an all in one solution (sans bike to bike or bike to pillion comm capability).
  • papa 0 Points
    [UPDATE]
    I received the following news from Cydle today:
    “The T43H map update is completed and awaiting to be placed on our server for user download. Detailed instructions for downloading and implementation is forthcoming. Information about the exciting new features and enhancements will be posted on the forum shortly.”

IMO, this update will be worth the wait. That’s all I know for now.
  • TxBs 0 Points
    What Cydle needs to do for all its supporters who have stuck with them, is allow us to beta test the new units. :lol:
  • papa 0 Points
    What Cydle needs to do for all its supporters who have stuck with them, is allow us to beta test the new units. :lol:
    Not a bad idea. Maybe you can email Cydle and make the request. ( Cydle@cydle.com )
  • Spyder63 231 Points
    Before you ask you might want to change your forum Avatar from the Moto TN765 to a Cydle! :lol: :lol:
  • Below is a list of the changes on T-43H new map update:

NEW MAP DATA:
    2011 map data.

Territories included: USA, Canada, Puerto, Rico, Hawaii

ADDITIONAL NEW FEATURES INCLUDED IN NEW MAP:

1. Signposts*: This feature simulates what highway interchange signposts
    should look like as you approach the intersection. Road names, route
    numbers, route shields, and exit numbers are displayed on life-like
    signposts.

2. Lane Assistance*: See what lane you need to use before you approach the
    exit.

3. POI name: Search any POI by part-of-word search.

4. TTS updated to latest speech engine and includes new vocabulary.

5. Display: enhancements to map display performance.

6. System: Mute button included to provide an option to cancel all voice
    guidance.

* Please note that Signposts and Lane Assistance features are available for
    some, but not all junctions."
  • papa 0 Points
    -- UPDATE --

I heard from Cydle R&D that the T43H update has been completed, but after final testing they found a minor traffic glitch and they are working on that now and will be released later this week. The update is considered a major step to a more refined GPS and should propel the T43H into a much better marketing position.

Personally, I had rather Cydle fix the glitch now rather than release it and then require a patch later. I believe the “Signposts” feature is akin to “Reality View”. For those of us who like the Navigon interface, this should fit the bill.
  • Papa - Please test out the updated T43H as quickly as possible after its release and post your well educated findings here. We will be waiting. Thank you.