This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

delorme street atlas USA 2010 plus and nuvi765t

Hi all,

I have a Garmin Nuvi 765t. I have access to delorme's street atlas USA 2010 plus through my company. Is this compatible with my 765t? Can I create routes and send them directly to my 765t?

Thanks,

Tim
(no not that Tim)

Comments

• alanb 541 Points
    Yes, just export the route in DeLorme as a GPX. It will end up in the \Delorme Docs\Navigation folder. Copy it to the Garmin in the \Garmin\GPX folder, then on the Garmin menu, go to Tools - My Data - Import route. Note that the nuvi recalculates imported routes using the start, end and via points. So in general, the more via points you have, the better the chance the nuvi will come up with the same route.
  • Thanks for the quick reply. How does SA 2010 pus compare to MapSource, better/worse/the same, easier/harder?
  • Tim 1481 Points
    In terms of features and options, SA goes well beyond what MapSource can do. But the MapSource maps (assuming you have the detailed maps on your computer) are much better (Navteq) than the ones DeLorme uses.
  • alanb 541 Points
    I agree with Tim on both points.
  • Bamabiker 0 Points
    I would be glad to 'just export as a .gpx' if I could figure out how to export - let alone as a .gpx.
    I've been reading and working with the help - and for Street Atlas Plus - I have NOT been able to figure out how to export a map file.
  • alanb 541 Points
    In SA 2010 Plus, create your route as desired with the start point, finish and any explicit stops and via's you want. Then in the bottom pane of SA, click on the Route tab, select the "New/Edit" button. Click the File button and select "Export". Give it a name, change the file type to "GPX" and save it to the Delorme "Navigation" folder. Copy the saved GPX file from the \Delorme Docs\Navigation folder to the Garmin in the \Garmin\GPX folder. Restart your nuvi into navigation mode. Then on the Garmin menu, go to Tools - My Data - Import route.

Incidentally, you can't export Delorme "maps" to the nuvi. You can export routes as described above.
  • Bamabiker 0 Points
    Thank you so much for the quick response. I've tried it and it is working! Life can be so simple when you know what to do.
  • alanb 541 Points
    Glad you got it to work. Enjoy :!: