This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Map updates available for 3000T/3050T and 6000T

2»

Comments

• DEALDOUG DID YOU RECEIVE THE IM MESSAGE I SENT TO YOU ON SUNDAY
  • jmace 0 Points
    OK - followed up (after 11 days - no call back as promised) - I called them back, and they DID have a record of my call...after numerous times put on hold I was told "we will call you back later today....and if we don't, call us back tomorrow". Now THAT'S service, huh?

Jim
  • DBA: Magellan Navigation, Inc.
    » Other
    Address: 960 Overland Court
    San Dimas ,
    CA 91773 » Other
    Primary Phone: (909) 394-5000 » Other
    Primary Fax: (909) 394-7050 » Other
    Primary Contact: Robert Gallegos,Quality Assurance » Other

http://www.magellangps.com
    Company ID: 16001150
    Business Start Date: 1/1/1986
    BBB Created Record on: 1/24/1992
    OK GUYS HERE IS THE NUMBER THAT GOT THE BALL ROLLING FOR ME . HOPE THIS HELPS.I CALL THIS PERSON LEFT A MESSAGE IN HIS MAILBOX RECEIVE CODE TWENTY MINUTES LATER
  • jmace 0 Points
    Well - here's a surprise - tech support didn't call me back. I called them again today, and after (again) taking all of my information down, now say that I should expect to hear back in 3 to 4 days. They said "there are thousands of people with this problem, and it takes 20-30 minutes to generate each new authorization code". Yeah, right.

I called Robert Gallegos and left a message in his voice mail - we'll see if that helps. (thanks Philly)

Jim
  • Looks like I'm into this boat as well....serial number on the unit has a leading 0, but the updater doesn't read that.

I received the map update 3 weeks ago or so, emailed in about my case and haven't heard back. So today I called and they claimed they'd call me back in 24 hours. They haven't responded to emails at all. Hopefully they will "do the needful". (I love talking to people in India.)

I checked my credit card and there is no charge from Magellan on it, so, I haven't really "paid" for this...yet. I do now have 2 wall chargers.
  • I finally got a good code. I google'd the corporate headquarters and got a name of "Ms. Amanda Higgins" with an email of ahiggins@magellangps.com. I sent her an email mentioning that there's a lot of noise on GPS related forums about how poor the Magellan support is and that it is pretty plain that the problem is the leading zero but you can't get anyone to re-issue a good number as simple as that might seem. She forwarded my email to a guy who got right back to me with the correct key. It worked. Now why can't they tell their tech support how to do that?
  • I do not believe their customer support call center in India has access to generate a new key. I have no big road trips for a bit, so I'll give them until next week.
  • HAS EVERYONE THAT NEEDED MAP UPDATES RECEIVE THEM? :)
  • jmace 0 Points
    To Magellan's credit, Robert Gallegos left a message on my home answering machine today. Unfortunately, he gave back my original serial number (with preceding zero) and the same unlock code I already had (which does not work).

I hae called and left another message to him stating the circumstances, and I hope he will call back.

Jim
  • THE ONLY NUMBER YOU NEED IS THE AUTHORIZATION NUMBER, THAT IS ALL HE GAVE ME AND IT WORKED
  • Yay..Magellean never called back. So I'm on the phone with Julie (India) who is unable to provide an unlock code.

So promised 48 hours. Seeing as 10 days passed and I never heard from them, I'll be following up the contact Philly provided :)
  • you can file a complaint with the Los Angeles Better Business Bureau at:

Link to LA BBB http://www.labbb.org/
  • Well, after contacting the BBB listed Quality Assurance person from Philly's post... I have a valid unlock code and the update is processing.

The update is processing on my RoadMadte 6000t :P
  • Glad to hear you have recieve your unlock code . Let me know if you have any problems .Have patience IT TAKES A LONG TIME .SET IT AND FORGET , LET IT DO IT'S THING
  • kj4v 0 Points
    The DA's sent me the wrong disk and I paid $70.00 for my upgrade!
    After a month of trying to get my update I still am waiting. I called them last night and was told to wait 5 to 10 more days! Not what I wanted to hear. I don't know if I will ever get the right software. I told them to give me my money back until the issue was solved and that didn't happen either. So I am considering taking a grievance with my card company and let them deal with the issue. frustrated beyond belief! :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • kj4v 0 Points
    I just emailed Amanda, Higgins and I will see what happens with that. :evil:
  • jmace 0 Points
    Well, I am on my 6th call to customer support. Again...they never called back...when I called them, they gave me a new authorization code...THAT DIDN'T WORK...they said I must wait another 24 hours and "either call us back or we will call you".

Jim
  • This is the guy you need to call. leave a message give him your name and your SN# he will send you a new activation code. he got back to me in two days.

Robert Gallegos

Quality Assurance Engineer

Magellan

960 Overland Ct

San Dimas, CA 91773

Tel: (909) 394 5010

Fax: (909) 394 7073

Email: rgallegos@magellangps.com

• I sent an email to Mr Gallegos. I received a valid unlock code about 4 hours later.

I'd suggest email over a phone call... easier for him to copy/paste your serial number and generate the valid code and email it back to you.
  • jmace 0 Points
    JUST A FINAL UPDATE - I CALLED SUPPORT ONE LAST TIME (CALL 7) AND ASKED TO BE CONNECTED WITH A SUPERVISOR - IN ABOUT 15 MINUTES, I HAD MY CODE.

PROBABLY (OVERALL) THE WORST CUSTOMER SUPPORT EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD.

JIM
  • gclv 0 Points
    I purchased the update, and after 2 hours.... and 10 calls to support NO ONE could tell me if it was the correct version since there were many streets NOT listed. A few more calls a few weeks later got me angry to say the least.

Customer service is NOT their strong point, and it is off shore too!

Finally I was told that they THINK it was the correct map udate, end of story.

So, I said enough is enough..... sold the 3000T and bought Garmin 780. All I can say to everyone is I would, GO GARMIN, US SUPPORT, Faster re routes, and locations that were not on the Magellan are on the Garmin.

Magellan, all I can say to you is you lost one customer, and 3 units..since I needed several.
  • I just got a new email today saying I should update, and a new $20 off coupon.

I think it's the same DVD update they pushed last fall, but hopefully now they've actually fixed all the issues.

My unit is working fine with the unlock code I received via email.
  • gac 0 Points
    Magellan Roadmate
    software update version 2
    that is what is says on the dvd

when I look at the properties after having loading this software it shows

s/w version 1.12
    map compiller version 1.8.5.2.4
    library version 1.8.5.2.1
    gdf Q306
    index 1.0.0.34

it tooks a couple of hours to install the program, I have yet to see where it has done much of an update for my own area of the country, still doesn't show the Coconut Mall in Estero Florida, amazing as the mall is huge and roughly 2 years since it opened.