This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

MIO C230 Upgrade offer [Mio]

genhob 0 Points
I recently inquired to Mio about a map upgrade and received the following response.

---------------------------------
Thank you for contacting Mio. We understand your need and we are trying our best to satisfy your demand.

We apologize but we currently do not have an update available for your unit. This is due to technical issues encountered in supporting this unit with our new software and maps. However, to provide you new maps, we are currently offering trade-in for this unit. You may trade it for a newer device which may be a Moov or the M-series. We still need to check for available devices. This will cost you $59.99 if your unit is still under our warranty, otherwise its $80. If you wish to avail this swap, please provide the following information for our record:
-Full Name
-Phone Number
-Serial Number of the device
-Email Address
(Please do not provide AOL email addresses since we are having problems sending emails to aol.com)
-Shipping Address (PO Box addresses are not accepted.)

Please let us know if you are willing to avail this. We will be waiting for your response. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Should you have any questions or need technical assistance, please feel free to email us again. For faster service, we strongly recommend you to take advantage of our online chat tool to receive real time response from our customer service representatives. Or you can visit our website at http://us.mio.com.

Sincerely,
Rejela Sanchez
Mio Customer Support
--------------------------

Comments

• They dont specify which unit you can upgrade for $80? Could turn out to be a very good deal..... or not.
  • genhob 0 Points
    Yeah, I'm trying to get more specifics. Doesn't sound like people are getting any map updates for the Moov or M-Series... That could be a problem.

Would be nice to get the S501 (I know I'm dreaming on that one.....)

Any suggestions for a model to pursue?
  • We just want to inform you that we already have available units for swap. This will either be a Moov200 or M300. If you wish to have this be processed, please provide the following information for our record:
    1. Name
    2. Phone Number
    3. Email Address
    4. Shipping Address (PO Box Addresses are not accepted)
    5. Serial number of the device
    6. Date and Place of purchase

We will be waiting for your response. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

--------------------------------------------
    Hmmm, is it worth it?
    For $80 I can get a name brand......
    MIO seems to have really taken a dump in the last year.....
  • Mio™ Moov M400 GPS Receiver is $80 at Radio Shack

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3788239

So why would I pay the same for an older model?