How to remove maps from Memory

I have a Nuvi 750. I have some Mexico maps in internal memory that I need to remove. Anyone know the proper way to do this without crashing my garmin.
Thanks

Comments

• Boyd 1317 Points
    Are these the only maps you've added? If so, connect the unit to your computer and open the Nuvi up like a disk. Inside the Garmin folder you should find a file named GMAPSUPP.IMG. That should be your Mexico map. Just delete this file. DO NOT TOUCH ANY OTHER FILES!

BUT... before doing ANY of this, do a full backup of your Nuvi. Select all the files on the Nuvi and drag them to a folder on your computer. I believe the 750 may only have the slow USB interface, so this might take quite awhile... start the copy up before bedtime, or some other time when your computer and GPS aren't needed for a few hours. It will take up about 2GB of disk space on your computer.

After the backup, you will have a copy of the Mexico map, in case you want to use it again.
  • Ok. Thanks. Will give it a try. To use as in disk mode. I select that option when I connect to my pc correct?
  • Boyd 1317 Points
    Just plug it into your computer. It should automatically be recognized as a disk. If windows asks what you want to do, choose "open folders and view files" (or something like that).
  • It should show up like any other drive.. To back up, right click on the drive letter (e:, f:, etc,) and selct 'copy'. Then 'paste' it into a folder of your choice. It'll then copy everything from your attached drive, in this case the Nuvi.