This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

navigon and map updates

oblivion69 0 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
I am a subscriber to navigon maps for my 5100. I would like to know if I save those map updates can i download them into my navigon 2100. Is this possible. or do i have to subscribe and pay for both, the 2100 and 5100

Comments

• Tim 1480 Points
    You need a subscription for both.
  • I bought a nav. 2100 and i tried to insert a sandisk memory card with map updates from nav. 5100 but it said error application and "the memory card has been removed. the program will terminate autimatically".
    I inserted the original memory card back in but it says the same thing. Now it doest work. the message box is still dispalyed. i tried to back up the nav. 2100 maps and formatted the original memory card and downloaded it again and it still says the same thing. now what.

It was working fine until i started putting other memory cards in it and now i dont know what to do.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Shouldn't this thread be in the Navigon forum? :arrow:
  • sorry.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Oblivion69, that post was not directed at you, but meant for the moderators to possibly move it where it will get more attention and hopefully an answer.

As Tim would say: no worries. :D
  • Boyd 1985 Points
    Thread has been moved. :)
  • Oblivion~

If I remember correctly, the Navigon units draw their program software from the memory card as well (I may be wrong, but I think this is the case - at least I know they load more than just the maps). The GPS itself is basically a Windows CE unit that's been programmed to run Navigon software. Since the navigation software loads at startup, there may have been some software corruption from the last incorrect load.

I would try hooking up to Fresh and reinstall your last software backup while the card is in the unit is hooked up to your PC. That may help correct the issue. While your at it, check for software updates. Worth a try. Good luck!
  • All I had to do was reset the navigon and now its fine.
    I also need a 4gb memory card to do updates. not enough space.
    software update was also done.

Thanks for your response