This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Anyone have a 7200t OEM suction cup mount to sell?

Spyder63 331 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
I usually guard my mount with my life, but Monday I took my wife's Subaru in to the dealer for a gas tank sensor recall operation. They told me to come with as little gas in the tank as possible and since the sensor was located on the bottom of the tank I assumed they would remove it from the bottom of the tank. Turns out they went in through the top and had to remove everything from the back seat and trunk/hatchback area, which did not have much of anything in it anyway, except my Navigon 7200t suction cup mount hidden under the cargo net, which I had forgotten about or it would not have been there for sure. (I seem to have acquired a bad case of CRS) Seems it is another great mystery of the universe as to what happened to it in the service area. So, I've been doing some looking for a replacement, but have not found a US source for an OEM mount and I'm not crazy about some of the after market options.

Anyone buy anything direct from Navigon in Germany since they pulled out of the USA?

If anyone has one they can part with let me know. Maybe I can get the dealer to buy me a "new" 7200 on Amazon??? :roll:

Oh, the solution to the sensor problem was to completely take it out. Company says we don't need it. Let's see Toyota get away with that answer! :lol: "We're eliminating your gas pedal.....you don't need it."

Comments

• Tim 1480 Points
    I think I have one, but it isn't where I am now and I won't be able to check until the end of next week.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Tim - That would be great if you do have one. I can certainly wait.

RAM doesn't even make one for it. Not a fan of universals. ProClip is too limiting as I have a variety of vehicles so the OEM always worked well.
  • Tim 1480 Points
    If you think of it-- remind me on March 12th. :)
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    OK, but I'm the one with CRS! :roll:
  • dhn 336 Points
    Have you checked the offerings at mountguys.com?
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Thanks.

Had not been to that site, but it appears to be the RAM "universal" mount and a lot clunkier than the OEM. That will most likely be my only versatile choice if it comes to it. I have other RAM mounts so I know they are robust, albeit, ugly. IMHO :)
  • Tim 1480 Points
    Spyder63, do you still need this part? I'm where I need to be to check if I have one.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Tim - WOW, has a whole month gone by? Told you I was the one with CRS.

Yeah, I still do. Dealership did not "find" it and I have made do with a little bit of Velcro for the couple times I used it. So, if you do have one let me know what you need for it.
  • Tim 1480 Points
    I've got four or five Navigon mounts here, but I don't know which one might be the correct one-- if any. Do you happen to have a pic of one?
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    In looking at the 7210 and 7310 pics on the German site it would appear the back of the gps and the mounts are the same for the 7200. They sell it over there in two pieces/parts: the car holder and the mounting device/disc.
    Also - on Pages 11-12 of the manual they show a diagram, if you happen to have that handy.

image image
  • Tim 1480 Points
    I've got a ton of Navigon mount parts here, but I don't have both of those. I have the mounting device (suction cup) half, but I don't have the round part. I've also got a few boxes of generic/replacement Arkon parts, but again none with that flat round part.

I think gatorguy has my 7200... perhaps if we can arrange he can send the mount to you, the GPS back to me, and I'll send him the 8100T or the 2100 Max instead.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    Nice :idea:
    Think he'll go for it??? :wink: :wink:

I gotta take the wife out to dinner.....as Arnold so eloquently said, "Owl bee back".
  • gatorguy 326 Points
    No problem. I've got something else to send Tim anyway. I'll get it boxed this week.
  • Tim 1480 Points
    Actually... gatorguy, just send Spyder63 the whole box... 7200T, mount, etc. Then I'll put the 8100T in the mail to you tomorrow.
  • gatorguy 326 Points
    Spyder, pm me your address.

Still have your project coming to you Tim.
  • davelac 91 Points
    For others looking for a replacement mount, I got mine from Arcon Resources Inc (Arrcadia, CA) ordered over the web. The model number is CM014-2. I think it's made for a Magellan, but the main suction part is the same - just remove the adapter and use the navigon back plate.
  • Tim 1480 Points
    That's the problem though... he doesn't have the Navigon back plate.
  • Spyder63 331 Points
    And believe me, I tried every adapter plate I had and nothing would work. Bungee cord did, but the one I used did not match the interior of my car! :cry: Velcro...sort of.

So, Tim & Gator, I appreciate all you guys are doing for me. If you ever need anything (short of taking your sister to her Sr. Prom) just ask! :lol: :roll: