This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

Deleted files from NAVIGON 7100

marine0631 0 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
My son tried to update my Navigon 7100 but some how deleted all original files for USA, i tried to get to the support people but its useless, can any one help me with any info on how to get those file back.

Comments

• When your son deleted the files was the unit connected to the PC? If so, they may be in your recycle bin, and you can restore them.
  • i tried but i cannot see it its like it vanished, cannot be found in recycle bin
  • ovrclckd 0 Points
    Was your 7100 registered with navigon? If so you can log into your MyNavigon account and there is a download for software update with maps.
  • i got that download , i tried putting it directly onto the sd card while its in the GPS but i am getting a message 'insert sd card"
  • ovrclckd 0 Points
    if you can't put the card into a card reader, then put the download into your backup folder for Navigon fresh (unzipped) , then use fresh to restore backup, choose the download files.
  • takawira 0 Points
    If the above suggestion doesn't work but you have access to the software and maps, I would recommend formatting the SD card first then you can place the files on there (but you need an SD card reader)
  • i got that download , i tried putting it directly onto the sd card while its in the GPS but i am getting a message 'insert sd card"
    That message would indicate that your PC does not recognize the card through your Navigon device. You may want to check the USB cable. Or try using a card reader and see if the files are there.

The "insert card" error indicates more than just lost files (I believe). You should still be able to "see" the card in device manager.