This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

2.22 update for 1470 up

superdave592 91 Points
edited November -1 in Magellan Vehicle Forum
Magellan has released 2.22 for 1470!! Dont know about others you check for your roadmate model.Dont forget to fully charge the battery, set power on gps to never go off,and I always dim the screen and mute to use less power when it is running on the battery to update.On some computers you may need to unclick user account controls and unclick anti virus controls to have update go uneventfull. Good luck

Comments

• jeffp 0 Points
    So far it looks like it is only up for the 1470. We'll see how long it takes for other models.
  • telemike 5 Points
    Up for 1440. Hope I don't brick it this weekend. Going to use new content manager to update mine.
  • DonF 0 Points
    Up for 1440. Hope I don't brick it this weekend. Going to use new content manager to update mine.
    God be with you !!
  • I tryed it#@*&($ The update did not fix the position lag and I dont see any change at all??!! I use 3D and hit - 3 or 4 times to zoom out and the lag seems less noticeable I give up on MAGELLAN
  • telemike 5 Points
    If mine bricks out, I'll get it fixed but then I'm getting a Garmin 1300 or 1350. May also look at Tomtom XXl540S too.
  • bdobson 0 Points
    How does the content manager update the 1440. Does it do it automatically or do you still have to do it manually. I haven't downloaded it yet but was wondering how it worked . Thanks
  • telemike 5 Points
    It worked (so far). Content manager downloaded the update and put it on the 1440, then you disonnect from USB and it installs the update.
  • I tryed it#@*&($ The update did not fix the position lag and I dont see any change at all??!! I use 3D and hit - 3 or 4 times to zoom out and the lag seems less noticeable I give up on MAGELLAN
    That really stinks and it is sad to hear. I got the 1475T and I haven't done any updates yet as I tried it (2.20) on my first unit and didn't notice anything. I may box it up and sell it privately and move on.......never to use Magellan again or I will just keep it as it is and use it for general directions but not expect too much from it. On a side note.....it worked OK on the last trip to Sebring for the 12 hour race last weekend. The turn chime would happen when I was pratically on top of the turn. Thats pretty crummy.
  • telemike 5 Points
    I like my 1440 except for two things:

Screen brightness.
    Map Lag

Lovwe teh 1-touchmenus, POI searching. Must faster than a garmin when browsing map and scrolling thru poi's
  • bdobson 0 Points
    Can someone who has updated to 2.22 using the content manager post a how to tutorial. I'm hesitant because I've already bricked one 1440 and don't really want to brick another.
    Thanks
  • I tried to install the content manager on my work PC without success. I called Magellan's technical support and he had me download the update itself. It is a zipped file containing instructions in PDF format and another zip folder containing the wizard to install the update on your 1440. It worked OK for me. The only newer feature is the smart detour. This icon appears when on a route when the speed of the car slows down to more than 20% of the speed limit. It allows you to choose a detour around the traffic.

Good Luck