This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

NAVIGON 7100

CARDS1 0 Points
edited November -1 in NAVIGON Forum
I bought a 7100 last Sat. @ Best Buy. I could'nt decide if I wanted the TT720 or the 7100. I ended up getting the 7100 with the stipulation that i could return it within 14 days and swap out for the 720.
As Tim said in his review you need a lot of patience working on the screen.
Also when I simulated a Route from Indiana to Mobile, Al. @ 10 am.
It showed Dist. as 607 Mi. (probably Right) 10.10 Hrs driving (pretty Close)
Arrival time 315 pm. Is this a Clock issue? Or am I missing something? On all simulations the arrival time was Way, Way off.
Also the routes were odd. One simulation was only 50 Mi. from home and it
took me through a town 25 miles South before going to my Destination,
also estimated the Hrs to Dest. @ 1.8
I think I'm going to return it for the TT720

Comments

• It showed Dist. as 607 Mi. (probably Right) 10.10 Hrs driving (pretty Close)
    Arrival time 3:15 pm. Is this a Clock issue? Or am I missing something? On all simulations the arrival time was Way, Way off.
    I don't know if this would account for the time being off or not but according to Blake Bowen's recent comments under the Navigon review, the Navigon 7100 is supposed to recognize time zone changes and put the arival time in actual local time. It also changes the current time as you cross time zones.
  • That was my first thought also, but Mobile is in the same time Zone so that wasn't the problem.
    I traded the 7100 in for the TT720 Sat.
    I think I'm going to love this unit.