This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

iPAQ 314 - Unable to access SD card [HP]

wingco32 0 Points
have just aquired an iPAQ 314 Travel Companion but am unable to see the SD card.

In the "Media Directories" there is only one directory, that is 'residentflash'

How do I get this iPAQ to recognise the SD card when it is inserted?

Thanks in anticipation,
John

Comments

• Boyd 1985 Points
    I'm pretty sure that he iPAQ only recognizes plain SD cards and does not recognize SDHC cards. If your card is larger than 2GB, it is probably an SDHC card. Try a smaller card and make sure that it isn't SDHC.
  • patruns 10 Points
    That is correct, though some have gotten lucky with a few SDHC cards. The 314 will recognize the card if you have something stored on it. In fact, it will find music no matter what folder you put it in. If nothing on the card, the unit will simply ignore it.
  • wingco32 0 Points
    Thanks for the answers: However the card I am trying to use is a 1GB.
    I did try two of these to make sure it was not the card causing the problem. I also read them using my card reader on my desktop PC to ensure they were working - they are.

What worries me is the fact that there is only one entry in the "Media Directories" I was told there should be two.
  • Boyd 1985 Points
    Could be a damaged card slot in that case. Have you inspected it visually with a flashlight to see if anything looks wrong?
  • patruns 10 Points
    I guess I am missing the issue here. When you put the card in a reader, what is on it? How many music files have you put on it?