This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. Find out more about how to manage cookies, or dismiss this message and continue to use cookies.

TomTom Eclipse / DUO AVN2210p Rebooting Issues

15678911»

Comments

• how do i tap the satellite bars when the unit keeps rebooting?
  • dhn 336 Points
    That's a fair question. I gather for that model, everything is stored on a sd card and then the card is inserted in the unit in the car???

If so, you may try this,

Take the sd card and put it in a card reader. Delete the mapsettings.cfg file (found in the map folder). This will delete all your favourites, recent destinations, home location but a new mapsettings.cfg will be recreated when you turn on the unit.

See if that stops the rebooting.
  • If you tap the satellite bars, the next screen shows the application version number. Then tap the version number and the following screen shows the map installed and its version number.
    app 6.550
    map: guam v675.1409

I am able to connect to my tom tom operate
  • That's a fair question. I gather for that model, everything is stored on a sd card and then the card is inserted in the unit in the car???

If so, you may try this,

Take the sd card and put it in a card reader. Delete the mapsettings.cfg file (found in the map folder). This will delete all your favourites, recent destinations, home location but a new mapsettings.cfg will be recreated when you turn on the unit.

See if that stops the rebooting.
    I found mapsettings.cfg and deleted it but its still rebooting. It will not load the map.
  • Tim 1480 Points
    What I've done with that model (though not an easy task) is to make sure I have one good copy of the map, then delete everything else on the SD card, let the TomTom HOME program reinstall the application, voices, etc, then put the map back. Running the Clear Flash Tool can sometimes help as well. But it sounds like you might have corrupt map data if it only sees the Guam map.
  • Does the unit have MapShare and have you enabled it as I have seen cases on the PND units where POI changes shared by MapShare via TomTom Home can also cause constant re-booting of the nav unit - Mike
  • what is the clear flash tool? I did go into the device and delete everything. Its now booting but map is still incorrect. GPS cannot locate my location.
  • dhn 336 Points
    The Clear Flash tool can be found here:

http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6211/kw/clear flash

Download it and run 3 times with the unit connected to the computer.
  • The Clear Flash tool can be found here:

http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6211/kw/clear flash

Download it and run 3 times with the unit connected to the computer.

Update:

The unit no longer resets. I can play the radio, cds, and mp3s from my usb drive. Only problem is now it says "no map found" i guess I'm fine it since I dont really use the gps any longer.

thanks Everyone!
  • vwli 0 Points
    I'm curious how many of you are still using the AVN2210p and how many of you have moved on to another device.
    I bought a used AVN2210p 18 months ago. It is still running flawlessly after upgrading to the new 7.833 Navcore. I like it so much that I bought another used one for my other car. The price of the unit is such a good deal that I cannot resist. I guess I am lucky.
  • It's been almost a year since my last post. Over the past year, the GPS unit gradually began working very intermittently to the point that I didn't even bother using it. Sometime after I began fidgeting with it trying to find the problem. I then realized that the contacts are the culprit. So I cleaned them with a bit isopropyl alcohol and now all my problems are gone. Electronic cleaner would probably work just as well.

A friendly heads up for those with a similar problem 8)